Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: black hat crypto currency DDOScoin and white hat VPNcoin  (Read 555 times)
vintagetrex (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:23:36 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 04:24:49 PM by vintagetrex

thinking about developing a DDOS coin based on attacking SSL certificate usage and a vpn coin that acts as a p2p proxy
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:51:28 PM

It would help if you could elaborate  what you mean by 'DDOS coin' besides letting us speculate based on the name of it.
How can we know if it's possible if we have absolutely no idea what you're talking about? Is it a coin that will be used to carry out DDoS attacks? If so, then hell no. That'd be illegal and the developers would go down pretty fast.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:54:53 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 04:12:48 AM by vintagetrex

ya a coin that would pay per DDOS of a website.  Sorry I didn't know someone had already posted a whitepaper on this subject.  I'll post algorithm and show that its possible. 
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:56:33 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 08:34:44 PM by vintagetrex

true
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 10:24:13 PM

ya a coin that would pay per DDOS of a website. 

this my new project.  its a radical crypto currency.  use tor or a proxy when developing as always.  I dont go down btw. 

the same argument could be made about bitcoin and ethereum, they're totally illegal but it happened and its worth money.

#technoactivism

DDoS is not “activism”.  It is vigilante censorship via Internet arson.  Its ultimate result is to increase the centralization of the Internet under the power of huge “anti-DDoS” corporations who are part of the mass-surveillance infrastructure—thus destroying both privacy and freedom of speech in one blow.

Cloudflare loves scum like you; you are the enforcers who shove sites under their control.  Sites such as bitcointalk.org.

I hope you die of cancer.

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:28:56 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 04:08:47 AM by vintagetrex

Duly noted but 0day attacks are able to bring even the biggest conglomerates to their knees.  Also, shouldn't the antisec cartelize under a crypto currency to combat the cartel formation of the security/surveillance state?  

I think the most likely targets would be massive financial institution.  After all its for https only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J9ayHYClw8

your logic: somehow all antisec is secretly in bed with some omnipotent security apparatus
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:36:52 PM

Isn't it dangerous? I mean come on, you know what will happen when you DDoS a website, right? And also it will consist of a team of hackers. How can you really make this coin to be on top? Unless if you are one of the bad guy out there, then this project will fit to them but it's not advisable to everyone since you are making trouble if you DDoS a website.

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:39:48 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 03:58:14 AM by vintagetrex

ya its dangerous.  being rich in bitcoins is also dangerous.  algorithm posted below. 
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 11:02:32 PM

I think the most likely targets would be massive financial institution, not your dog Fido's personal homepage. 

No, I think the most likely targets are sites such as bitcointalk.org—see below.  Plus the six million other sites which Cloudflare claims as customers.  Plus sites which have been censored off the Internet by DDoS.  And here, you want to (further) commercialize DDoS—so that anybody with deep pockets (or Deep State connections) can more easily buy censorship on demand.  Sounds like fun!

Do you really think that a big bank has a problem shielding its network behind another huge corporation’s anti-DDoS network?  This isn’t 2011 anymore.  They’re wise to this stuff.  Yet the more you monetize DDoS, the more likely a big bank will secretly buy some extra DDoS against its most hated competitor, bitcointalk.org.

your logic: somehow all antisec is secretly in bed with some omnipotent security apparatus

No.  My read is that either you’re an undercover agent, or you’re a patsy sleeping on the floor next to the foot of the bed of the “omnipotent security apparatus” while you delude yourself that you’re fighting it.

I’m not bothering with your video right now.  It’s too cumbersome with my high-security Tor setup.

P.S., I forgot:

the same argument could be made about bitcoin and ethereum, they're totally illegal but it happened and its worth money.

#technoactivism

What the hell are you talking about?  Bitcoin isn’t illegal.  Unfortunately, neither is the absurdist centralized exploding clown car known as Ethereum—the coin which can’t keep its promises that code is law.

With regret, I am (for now) admitting defeat on the DDoS front, and we will soon be using using Cloudflare to protect against DDoS attacks. [...]

I really don't believe in willingly putting a man-in-the-middle in your HTTPS like this [...]

I especially dislike Cloudflare, which I'm almost certain is basically owned by US intelligence agencies. [...]

The Internet is seriously flawed if everyone needs to huddle behind these huge centralized anti-DDoS companies in order to survive...

The security implications are that Cloudflare can read everything you send to or receive from the server, including your cleartext password and any PMs you send or look at.

Witrebel

Activity: 116
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:30:06 PM

What the hell are you talking about?  Bitcoin isn’t illegal.  Unfortunately, neither is the absurdist centralized exploding clown car known as Ethereum

I figure this is a pretty junk thread so I don't mind derailing slightly. Just wondering if you could briefly expound on the "centralized" issue.  I am much weaker in my deep knowledge of the Ethereum ecosystem than I am of Bitcoin.  My understanding is that they can not forcefully push code revisions to nodes.  But that Vitalik does have significant sway over the public opinion as a figure head, and therefore there is a socially centralized element.  Is there a formal "proof" of the underlying centralization/censorship, above and beyond social tendencies?

(For the record, I do have an issue with the DAO hard fork, I just don't know enough about the technical layout of their protocol to argue against them in an educated manner, which I would like to)
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:47:33 AM

How are you going to be able to prove that you are DDoS'ing a website in order to get paid in "DDOS coins"? Is that something you can prove at all, or is proof not a necessity here?
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:33:14 AM

What stops anyone to pay with BTC/LTC/ETH/USD/anything for DDOS attack?

(Also you may want to know that DDOS attakcs can be illegal)
aleksej996

Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:06:23 PM

How are you going to be able to prove that you are DDoS'ing a website in order to get paid in "DDOS coins"? Is that something you can prove at all, or is proof not a necessity here?

It is a necessity of course. Here is more info about it: https://thehackernews.com/2016/08/ddoscoin-cryptocurrency.html
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:15:32 PM

This will add no value to the Internet, honestly.
You should create DDoS prevention coin instead.

Seems you don't like crypto by the way.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:48:44 PM

Well i wanted to build contracts for ETH and charge people gas for using the contract much like I could
write using .Net web-services that could be deployed on ETH nodes that would fit the bill just fine but i was thinking
more like a service that could make calls out to HTTP web servers to validate credit card details or something

I am not sure but i don't think this is possible and ETH contracts are more about just storing strings or numbers
in a distributed system and charging "Gas" for doing so which makes it more like a global abacus in my book even if it used locks and ledgers
that is designed to make more profit for the miners/nodes

Please someone step in if you believe that i am wrong and put me right

What i would like to see is a type of contract/program that can be deployed and then used as a type of VPN or proxy-server
that uses credits or gas to ensure people using the service can only get free resources on the network if they are also
providing services to the network which could be anything from hosting a database to allowing others to share their
internet connection of even earned by helping other networks with mining coins.

if someone has not built this type of thing already then they soon will me thinks but it might well need a number
of centralized coordinators much like Bit-Torrent to work because trying to store even a small amount of data for
7.5bn people on 50,000 distributed machines all replicating each others is something that has already been tried out
and it does not scale, wastes resources but web-sites held on such a system like I have outlined here would be almost
impossible to DDOS. Throw in a few fall-over servers that charge extra gas in an emergency and you start to get a stable system.

This is the reason BTC can only process 7 transactions a second and VISA-Card can do 25,000 a second but the
penny is not dropping yet with the Bitcoin community 

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:01:44 PM

I read the little advert in the footer of your post and was using Tor for years, loved it and even ran exit nodes at times
and even added code to a proxy server that would speed Tor up by sending some requests direct and some via Tor
because as you know it's dead slow.

That was until the day that a dedicated machine I was using to screen scrape a web-site via Tor picked up
a WannaCry virus that then encrypted all my files just about and left ransom notes all over the place asking
for payment via Bitcoin.

I used a remote terminal to monitor the machine from time to time and was not browsing or automating
a browser on the machine so can you guess where i think I picked the virus up from ?

My firewall blocks the DDOS but this attack got past me and now you know as much as i know but it's
very rare that i use Tor these days

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
aleksej996

Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:14:38 PM

I read the little advert in the footer of your post and was using Tor for years, loved it and even ran exit nodes at times
and even added code to a proxy server that would speed Tor up by sending some requests direct and some via Tor
because as you know it's dead slow.

That was until the day that a dedicated machine I was using to screen scrape a web-site via Tor picked up
a WannaCry virus that then encrypted all my files just about and left ransom notes all over the place asking
for payment via Bitcoin.

I used a remote terminal to monitor the machine from time to time and was not browsing or automating
a browser on the machine so can you guess where i think I picked the virus up from ?

My firewall blocks the DDOS but this attack got past me and now you know as much as i know but it's
very rare that i use Tor these days

I am no expert on WannaCry worm, but I can tell you some things about it as far as I know.

First of all, infections by viruses and worms almost always have nothing to do with DoS attacks (even more so with DDoS attacks).

WanaCry's main (I can't even find info on any other) propagation technique was over the network (this is why it is a worm, not a virus) using a SMB port.
It exploited a vulnerability in Windows initially discovered by NSA and kept secret for years until someone hacked and published it with many other fully developed exploits and hacking tools on the Internet. They called themselves The Shadow Brokers, as they tried selling some of them.

So your main issue here was using Windows, of course, instead of a well developed open source operating system like many Linux distributions.
But updating your Windows would have helped in this particular scenario.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:57:04 PM

So your main issue here was using Windows, of course, instead of a well developed open source operating system like many Linux distributions.

I agree windows has more back doors than anything and is CIA spyware but i am very good with both inbound and outbound firewall rules on
the router and also keep an eye on process running and i am in a much better position than you to put a finger in the air and say where this virus
came from not that i can ever be 100% certain it was not something running inside Srvhost , Conhost , Taskhost and ten other windows programs
that are designed to make our machine to operate more like a remote terminal than a "Personal PC"

Infection was nothing to do with DDOS and I run a program to read sys-logs from the router and it's programmed
to kick back when i care to run it but it get boring in the end

Tor i tell you, don't make excuses for them, i loved it as much as you do today before this happened

"But updating your Windows would have helped in this particular scenario."

You mean download more MS back doors as the previous doors that have become public knowledge becomes locked

Windows is shit but it's too late for me to jump ship to Linux Mint or something

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:39:29 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 04:01:23 AM by vintagetrex

its illegal to run a 3rd party currency in every country in the world!!

The algorithm is 100% cryptographically secure and verifiable because of the use of a signing key in SSL.  Meaning its a form of POW not proof of bandwidth. 

Im glad to see some of the people here are still demanding trustless technology as opposed to "crypto currency 3.0" which is all going towards trust based (while patting themselves on the back as geniuses).  
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:40:08 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 04:09:49 AM by vintagetrex

ya the idea for a ddos coin has been kicked around on here since 2014 but nobody ever made one.  I'm obviously not Fed or NSA.  Don't lie you can't beat DDOS if the DOSers assign a random IP for each new ping.  

please refrain from quoting as the topic is sensitive and I often edit my posts in case I post inappropriately. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: