Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:06:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: black hat crypto currency DDOScoin and white hat VPNcoin  (Read 555 times)
vintagetrex (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:43:49 PM

wow someone else knows the algorithm. I thought I was unique... although I first conceived of this algorithm years ago I see now that someone else knows about it.  

https://thehackernews.com/2016/08/ddoscoin-cryptocurrency.html

maybe Eric and Benjamin hit financial markets instead of showing up in p2p??
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 08:54:59 PM

its illegal to run a 3rd party currency in every country in the world!!

Okay, wiseacre.  I cede to your superior knowledge of the world.  But then, I have a question for you:  Praytell, how do the Bitcoin developers get away with it?  Satoshi “always used Tor”, as do I; but most current Bitcoin developers have their legal names, photos, and physical locations easily discoverable by the police.  Please explain to me their elite capture-avoidance techniques which they use to stay out of prison whilst developing illegal currency.  They have nowhere to run, if it’s “illegal in every country in the world!!”

Somebody should also tip off the Winkevoss brothers so they can stay one step ahead of the heat.

OK Im not going to develop this now I see the community has decided this is a bad idea and I agree.

Glad to hear it.

Im glad to see some of the people here are still demanding trustless technology as opposed to "crypto currency 3.0" which is all going towards trust based (while patting themselves on the back as geniuses). 

If it’s not decentralized, trustless, and permissionless, then it’s Paypal 2.0 (but so much slower and more expensive than the real Paypal).

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:58:58 PM

it wouldn't be illegal to make this, its only illegal to participate in a ddos or run the software.  

but then technically it could be considered export of munitions under cryptographic controls and running a 3rd party currency.  Satoshi is probably dead!!  some people make sacrifices for a tech enabled future they believe in. 
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:03:43 PM

according to this research...  ddos coin would be both trustless and p2p.  that's all I'm going to say
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:06:45 AM

according to this research...  ddos coin would be both trustless and p2p.  that's all I'm going to say

Yeah, just like any other coin out there. trustless and p2p...
aleksej996

Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:06:14 PM

I agree windows has more back doors than anything and is CIA spyware but i am very good with both inbound and outbound firewall rules on
the router and also keep an eye on process running and i am in a much better position than you to put a finger in the air and say where this virus
came from not that i can ever be 100% certain it was not something running inside Srvhost , Conhost , Taskhost and ten other windows programs
that are designed to make our machine to operate more like a remote terminal than a "Personal PC"

Infection was nothing to do with DDOS and I run a program to read sys-logs from the router and it's programmed
to kick back when i care to run it but it get boring in the end

Tor i tell you, don't make excuses for them, i loved it as much as you do today before this happened

"But updating your Windows would have helped in this particular scenario."

You mean download more MS back doors as the previous doors that have become public knowledge becomes locked

Windows is shit but it's too late for me to jump ship to Linux Mint or something

In order not to stray away from the topic I will just make a quick response.
I have no idea about your firewall, I can just tell you what I read about WannaCry and how it works.
It could very well be some other ransomware however, who knows.
If your firewall didn't block the SMB port (445 I think) then that is almost certainly where it came from.
If it did, then it might be from inside the network (maybe WannaCry stays dormant on some computers).

As for the updates, do as you wish. I can just tell you that you are defenseless without updates.
Not saying that they don't also add new vulnerabilities, they do, but at least they patch old well known ones.
You just can't win using Windows...
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:40:11 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 04:04:19 AM by vintagetrex

this whitepaper is probably stolen from me during an enhanced interrogation in my car circa july 2016... Vitalik wasn't such a good partner.  Him and Neal Koblitz put me in enhanced interrogation every night for a week and then it all went down.  now you know.  

still a good paper but nearly the exact design for the ddos coin I had in mind at the time.  

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/woot16/woot16-paper-wustrow.pdf

inb4 paranoid about stolen work
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:44:45 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 03:52:07 AM by vintagetrex

I'll do a quick write up of how it works here:

SSL or https automatically signs all requests.  By requesting and https website the web server has to sign a document known as a certificate.  This allows the following proof, which is a chain of 2 signatures:

Algorithmic Notation:

1.  sign by the website
2.  sign by the miner
3.  verifier verifies both miner and website signatures

Mathematical Notation:

Verify Victim's Sig ( Verify Miner's Sig ( Sign Miner ( Sign Victim ( message certificate ) ) ) )

The DDOScoin paper uses a slightly different algorithm where instead of signing a second time the prover hashes the certificate with his public key, so in pseudocode:

hash ( "public address" + "victim signed certificate" )
// where (+) means concatenate //
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:58:16 PM

a bunch of leftist Euro devs think V was an innocent victim but we know the truth now. 
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:33:56 AM

this is a hack of proof of retrieval I posted on this forum around September 2014
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:39:49 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 04:07:09 AM by vintagetrex

the proof is per connection not for multiple connections to a single server that why you need block tree architecture with side chains (similar to the form of Bitcoin / Mastercoin) to create a verification that is 1 to N rather than 1 to 1.  

In their slideshow they don't even understand its not about bandwidth.  A proof of bandwidth is about bandwidth. This is POW
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:44:03 AM

Not every crypto currency is trustless... ethereum is totally trust based on the community regulating which types of algorithms are run so their mining doesn't get exploited.  I can't hate on Ethereum anymore tho without sounding butthurt.  I just don't like the way crypto currency went where trust based assets and trust based mining is being touted as the next form of currency.  
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:57:17 AM

bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GLGZQ4Y8SM

"Im crack-fantastic"  -ytcracker
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:56:13 PM

Not every crypto currency is trustless... ethereum is totally trust based on the community regulating which types of algorithms are run so their mining doesn't get exploited.  I can't hate on Ethereum anymore tho without sounding butthurt.  I just don't like the way crypto currency went where trust based assets and trust based mining is being touted as the next form of currency.  

Perhaps not totally, but yeah, until casper will be fully deployed ETH probably less trustless of the top cryptos.
Sats.Obol

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 02:42:36 PM

ya a coin that would pay per DDOS of a website.  

this my new project.  its a radical crypto currency.  use tor or a proxy when developing as always.  I dont go down btw.  

the same argument could be made about bitcoin and ethereum, they're totally illegal but it happened and its worth money.

#technoactivism

DDoS is not “activism”.  It is vigilante censorship via Internet arson.  Its ultimate result is to increase the centralization of the Internet under the power of huge “anti-DDoS” corporations who are part of the mass-surveillance infrastructure—thus destroying both privacy and freedom of speech in one blow.

Cloudflare loves scum like you; you are the enforcers who shove sites under their control.  Sites such as bitcointalk.org.

I hope you die of cancer.

It's harsh, but I agree 100% Nullius.
well stated

[Edited to add & clarify: Lol, I just noticed the "I hope you die of cancer." part. that I DON'T agree with or cosign, lmao that's savage.]
Sats.Obol

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 02:48:49 PM

...shouldn't the antisec cartelize under a crypto currency to combat the cartel formation of the security/surveillance state?  

Good Morning man,

First off, I'd like to say that your idea is dope and unique to me (I realize you say you've discovered a blockchain already moving in that direction).
with the compliment though comes a caveat, I couldn't and wouldn't support this blockchain at all.
User nullius bought up a great point about individuals such as yourself (who are causing network security and stability concerns) causing more issues than good.

But your logic on shouldn't the antisec cartelize under a crypto currency is somewhat frightening. Imagine the influx of script kiddies who buy some hardcore arse CIA tool off the dark web then strike websites?
also, logically, how do you protect your blockchain against 51% attacks?
Logically, wouldn't you encourage attack of your own blockchain?
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:18:27 PM

I recommend a dual blockchain mining algorithm.  The main chain should be POS so that no resources going into securing the main chain dominate the subchains.  The subchain mining algorithm is a proof-of-DDOS computationally secured by SSL's signing key.  This is technically a proof of work, not a proof of bandwidth!  Casper, slasher, and regular POS are quality enough.  However, I wouldn't recommend delegated POS, because it seems unfair and anticompetitive to me. 

I don't have a nihilistic position based hatred of script kiddies... let em play. Yes, anybody could mine or even pay for DDOS of a signing certificate.  That's the idea --> monetize the algorithm and payload of DOS in a secure, trustless, p2p manner.  

To me, a better argument is the fact that a dominating financial class could use their bankrolls to manipulate the https domain names on the internet.  Skids aren't going to suddenly run the world.  

I see the coin gaining value via insider trading.  For example, purchase a short position on https://www.google.com then place a bounty on that website.  The price should decrease.  Maybe a better target is something like https://merchandisesellingcompany.com
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

bitcoin is the dominating financial class now
Sats.Obol

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 05:35:12 PM

I recommend a dual blockchain mining algorithm.  The main chain should be POS so that no resources going into securing the main chain dominate the subchains.  The subchain mining algorithm is a proof-of-DDOS computationally secured by SSL's signing key.  This is technically a proof of work, not a proof of bandwidth! 

Interesting,
so if I'm understanding this correctly, you'd launch your blockchain with 2 genesis blocks, in essence forking the chain from the very beginning or am I missing something?

.... regular POS are quality enough.  However, I wouldn't recommend delegated POS, because it seems unfair and anticompetitive to me.

I agree. I like PoS over PoW but it does allow for those with more capital or the means of procuring more capital an unfair advantage in a PoS delegated consensus system.

I don't have a nihilistic position based hatred of script kiddies... let em play. Yes, anybody could mine or even pay for DDOS of a signing certificate.  That's the idea --> monetize the algorithm and payload of DOS in a secure, trustless, p2p manner.  

To me, a better argument is the fact that a dominating financial class could use their bankrolls to manipulate the https domain names on the internet.  Skids aren't going to suddenly run the world.  

I see the coin gaining value via insider trading.  For example, purchase a short position on https://www.google.com then place a bounty on that website.  The price should decrease.  Maybe a better target is something like https://merchandisesellingcompany.com

Again, I believe your blockchain would bring more harm than good but I must admit to liking the way your mind is working and I'd still research and follow your blockchain. when you publish the whitepaper can you please tag me in the post?
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:44:23 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 05:58:39 PM by vintagetrex

You know your dual mining algorithms, but I am recommending a multi chain tree similar to the shape of the Bitcoin/Mastercoin system,  where Mastercoin is attached perpendicularly to the Bitcoin blockchain.  

POS does give an advantage to investors over hardware owners, but a POW similar to bitcoin uses the same resources as the proof of DDOS (computational work) so that would be a waste of the total CPU going to the blockchain based attack.  Anyways, the investors are often bitcoin holders so that gives the advantage to the bitcoin community rather than a centralized group of miners.  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: