Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:34:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And the Bloodbath continues....  (Read 423 times)
1satyros1 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:41:01 PM

Reminds me of the giant stock selloff during the fall of 2008...Do you think that most of the selloff is done by small/inexperienced investors or from whales?
How long can it go>
SupermansCryptonite

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:46:10 PM

Reminds me of the giant stock selloff during the fall of 2008...Do you think that most of the selloff is done by small/inexperienced investors or from whales?
How long can it go>

I've been wondering this too.. Is this sell off panic from the all the new people who have gotten into the market after recently reading about Bitcoin, or is there something more? A correction was bound to happen, but who knows how big or small it will be.
Omegagen

Activity: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:50:44 PM

People see sell off. I see opportunity! I need more liquidity though. 
Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:51:43 PM

This could very well be a temporary drop like it happened few weeks ago, but who knows, I recommend hodl your coins and dont panic sell.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:54:56 PM

i am treating this as the pre-christmas SALE before we enter the new year.
the sale maybe caused by both whales and newbies or rather started possibly by whales and followed by panic selling by others.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
samy_voc

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:55:09 PM

Is there is any special reason for the bloodbath or mere profit taking?

For e.g. :
Charlie Lee of Lite coin sold all his holdings before the crash. Looks like the folks have an idea when there is going to be a dump. I meant the big guys.

Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:58:46 PM

welcome to the down trend, my best guess is that market will decline until the end of the year, or maybe longer, while people regain confidence in coins
pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:00:46 PM

Definitely gonna treat this as a sale. Great opportunity to buy more. If you are scared, then have a look at the dips this summer and see how high we have reached since.

1satyros1 (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:03:01 PM

This could very well be a temporary drop like it happened few weeks ago, but who knows, I recommend hodl your coins and dont panic sell.

Totally agree. I see it as a giant garage sale...but need some luck to figure out the bottom..
1satyros1 (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:05:11 PM

For e.g. :
Charlie Lee of Lite coin sold all his holdings before the crash. Looks like the folks have an idea when there is going to be a dump. I meant the big guys.

Charlie Lee belongs in jail!
Partizanai

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:08:48 PM

For e.g. :

Charlie Lee belongs in jail!
He could sell his LTC and be silent about it, but he wasn't i'm sure that this is just bad timing and has nothing to do with it.
raffff

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:08:57 PM

Guys, this is the long awaited crash. Most coins grew 10x this year based on only hype!! Millions of people buying small amounts resulted in a gigantic upward trend with values based on only air. Now the downward trend started, lots of people will realise they wont get rich anytime soon and in fact lost money. Buying extra is only a way to spread the loss over more holdings.

So expect values to dwindle down to May, June 2017 prices which where much more realistic, so don't put your live saving in alt coins. Remember the DOT.COM bubble burst and then grew until it became as big as it is today.
Also currently most governments are preparing laws to tax BTC holdings and restrict ICO, on top of that the Bitcoin netwerk is not performing anymore and using to much energy to be future proof.

If you wanna play, do daytrading. Find a nice trend, ride it a few percent and sell.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:12:24 PM

According to bitcoin price analyses, there is a support at $10.000 and I feel like it will decrease to $10.000 probably see @9999 as well
Sheckley

Activity: 279
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:14:47 PM

How long can it go>

I've been wondering this too.. Is this sell off panic from the all the new people who have gotten into the market after recently reading about Bitcoin, or is there something more? A correction was bound to happen, but who knows how big or small it will be.

I guess some whale has decided to cash out some FIAT and panic sellers are now gifting them with better rebuying opportunities.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
raffff

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:15:36 PM

According to bitcoin price analyses, there is a support at $10.000 and I feel like it will decrease to $10.000 probably see @9999 as well

The support is not real. Its huge orders of whales and market makers. When the price goes down to 10K they will cancel their buy order and put them in at 6K etc....
redcrystal

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:17:31 PM

I think there is a few things going on, but I do think that some is a general sell off, nervous noobs and the fact that we need a correction. Everything has shot up over a matter of days or weeks, more than it should have. There should have been a correction weeks ago, but there was so much new blood in the market you couldn't see it. Now there is nerves and we're seeing the correction.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:18:37 PM

How long can it go>

Bitcoin went from 1 to 100 back to 1 to 50 to 200 back to 50 etc. This doesn't remind me of stocks at all, it's just what bitcoin has always been doing.
IPCHAINDATABASE

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 03:33:36 PM

The thing is, we've seen this happen many times before, and we'll certainly see it happen again.
JumboCactuar

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:34:44 PM

Is this up/down trend gonna happen till end of year?

Like ripple, back up to 0.9

Is it wide to sell short term and buy back when it drops again?
Knowing my luck i will sell then it will moon
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:46:49 PM

Current huge support levels are on 11 and 10k if they get eaten no one can tell you how deep the rabbit hole is.Some of this crash is cause but buy margin trading and long positions being closed because of small stop loss that caused a chain of trades being closed(1 level triggers the next 1 and the circle continues)Another part are the weak hands that bought btc at 18-19 thousands and are selling of now as they dont really have experience with crypto market
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: