Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:08:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did I lose on trade ??  (Read 2397 times)
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:01:55 PM

The most important thing here, I did it myself as well, is that we look the general price of a coin not the price that occurs in an exchange. For example ether in binance was lower when I sold it but I looked to a general price and I experienced loss just like you.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:05:45 PM

Everyone experienced this for sure, because we are just human and can’t predict the right thing at the exact time. Trading is very risky so expect to incur losses. For me its normal but of course maintain yourself to be more profitable when you trade. Study more and profit will come for sure.
Haesslon

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:14:45 PM

Jesus, did any author of the last 25 posts even read this thread?

All this wrong timing, panic, learn more about ether...

The OP bought for a price X at Cex and sold for Y (which was greater than X), but he lost money and was asking why. As shown in his trade log, Cex seems to take horrendous fees and therefore he lost money.

BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:42:03 PM

As a trader you only have like 10% of winning trades and the 90% is lost trade. so you really need to be educated about trading to give you a better understanding on trading which means you can actually give the percentage higher in trading.
aslamnur28

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:56:21 PM

Your technique in trading may not be effective for now what you did is trading without making any calculations and at the same time wrong timing. You should make some sort of research to learn how the market for ethereum work, also if you only monitor the price you could have seen that the is not good for you to sell and the most important thing is have a trust on your investment it may drop but always believe it can recover soon
Yeah, timing and techique are everything we need in trading. Without those skills your trade could be a big fail. I think the OP could use other timing and calcutions but find the good one to follow.
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:23:53 PM

Your technique in trading may not be effective for now what you did is trading without making any calculations and at the same time wrong timing. You should make some sort of research to learn how the market for ethereum work, also if you only monitor the price you could have seen that the is not good for you to sell and the most important thing is have a trust on your investment it may drop but always believe it can recover soon
Yeah, timing and techique are everything we need in trading. Without those skills your trade could be a big fail. I think the OP could use other timing and calcutions but find the good one to follow.

We need also to know about the coin, because if we do not know about the coin we have we didn't notice what really next happen on that coin if its going down or increase.
biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:33:44 PM

We need also to know about the coin, because if we do not know about the coin we have we didn't notice what really next happen on that coin if its going down or increase.
Yes we have to set our own goals and strategies for us to succeed in trading, we all know that the important in trading is to know the coins that we are trading, if we are not sure about the coins just settle in investing bitcoin so that you can have a sure profit with less hassle and don't need to focus all the day.
franss

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:21:59 PM

You should first see if there is a lot of trading volume in cex.io for ETH and you should also look from other market as reference.
hoanghoatham04

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:31:42 PM

I think this is a bug from the cex.io system, but I think you should join bittrex, poloniex, binana as these are the most well-known trading platforms in the world today and are less likely to an error occurred.

pedromonteverde

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:36:12 PM

As a trader you only have like 10% of winning trades and the 90% is lost trade. so you really need to be educated about trading to give you a better understanding on trading which means you can actually give the percentage higher in trading.
I don't think so man, I won 70% trades in my history, only lose 30% and the percents of winning or losing is depend on how good is your decision . It's not gambling.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:04:45 PM

Hello I don’t understand I bought for 4000 Eur one hour ago of Ethereum when it was going up, it stayed around the 10-20%, it started to decrease 5 minutes ago so I sold it and now cex.io just gave me 3500eur for it... wtf... Huh
The %came from me watching livecoinwatch.. Cex.io doesn’t have the accurate price ??

The idea of your selling instantly of your ethereum, is that what  can make you loss and you panic already,you have no patience to wait or to hold your capital in a few weeks or month  before you sail it again.you loss of some % because you didn't  count the  deduction of processing fee of every time you make a transaction to the trading site's, everytime you must trade it into fiat to ethereum and same back to ethereum to fiat currency in only a few minutes ago,they get a processing fee of your capital automatically.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:32:28 PM

You become one example, when you just know how to buy something cheap, and sell it expensively. However, you never know when is the time.Learn about trading in a small scale first, so you will not be lost but you can also enjoy profit if you know how the way

thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:37:50 PM

I think, you did it because you already panic and have some fear of loosing all you have in your investment.

Just know the basic and have some  patience with you.

RockHenki

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:03:35 AM

I think this is a bug from the cex.io system, but I think you should join bittrex, poloniex, binana as these are the most well-known trading platforms in the world today and are less likely to an error occurred.
Often, I think psychology has a great influence on the decision of the investor. Another reason is that you have not researched enough about good projects so when deciding you often measure and make the opportunity to overcome.
iged_war

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:13:24 AM

I don't think so man, I won 70% trades in my history, only lose 30% and the percents of winning or losing is depend on how good is your decision . It's not gambling.
he just suggest to get more technique or methode in his trading.so by learning this technique can make win possibility bigger than lose possibility.all of us now that trading is not gambling as long as we now how to trade

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:25:41 AM

Hello I don’t understand I bought for 4000 Eur one hour ago of Ethereum when it was going up, it stayed around the 10-20%, it started to decrease 5 minutes ago so I sold it and now cex.io just gave me 3500eur for it... wtf... Huh
The %came from me watching livecoinwatch.. Cex.io doesn’t have the accurate price ??

This is the common and funny newbie problems. People that don't have experience on trade always assume that prices always go up so if it goes down, they are all discouraged. The are many rules on trading and I will give you one which is you will only lose if you sell it.
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:34:54 AM

I think you do not do research in advance and hunted to buy. at least all you have to do is look at the coin that you will buy that it is at the pump or be prepared to go up.

mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:06:47 AM

This is the common and funny newbie problems. People that don't have experience on trade always assume that prices always go up so if it goes down, they are all discouraged. The are many rules on trading and I will give you one which is you will only lose if you sell it.
I think she/he needs some advise, yeah it is commonly problems of newbie. But all of them are experiencing by anyone so don't looked that this is fun. Because it was serious cases from other.

Hey buddy, I suggest to hold for the meantime your balance in ethereum, yeah it was fall down. Because in trading fluctuation were always up and down, so be patience waiting to increase it up until you recover your 4000 euro.
star19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:50:33 AM

Trade with the trend. Here is even a better one. STAY AWAY FROM THE SMALL CHARTS. In fact, the GREATEST, BEST KEPT SECRET about trading is to trade in large time frames. Once you can get your head around the fact that you will NOT MAKE MILLIONS...
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:01:49 AM

I think, you did it because you already panic and have some fear of loosing all you have in your investment.

Just know the basic and have some  patience with you.

OP just charge it to your experience and hope you learned from it.
If you see that it's falling don't dare it to sell because you'll just end up broke and it's not the right thing to do just to cut your losses.
Be aware that crypto is full of fluctuations and with just a blink of your eye it'll suddenly in the ground.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: