Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:54:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP Surges on Coinbase Rumors  (Read 210 times)
scanpay (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:50:12 AM

The value of Ripple surpassed a key milestone Thursday, solidifying an incredible year for the world’s fourth largest cryptocurrency.

XRP/USD Price Levels
Ripple’s XRP token rose above $1 on Thursday for the first time, adding more than 41% to $1.004. Short-term gains are still possible, based on the technical indicators, which show major targets at $1.10, $1.25 and $1.50.

Trade volumes over the past 24 hours reached reached $3.9 billion, with South Korea’s Bithumb processing a quarter of all transactions. Bitfinex, another popular cryptocurrency exchange, processed 10.5% of total transactions on Thursday.

Ripple peaked at $1.10 Thursday morning for a market cap of $42 billion, according to CoinMarketCap. The token has risen 160 times in value this year from an initial price point of less than 1 cent.

https://imgur.com/zWXbWDb

Coinbase Rumors
The latest rally is being fueled in part by rumors that Ripple may soon appear on Coinbase, where it would join the elite company of bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and, more recently, bitcoin cash. Coinbase, which has more than 13 million live accounts, is one of the world’s most popular crypto exchanges. Extending support to Ripple would likely generate greater buying interest in the token.

Coinbase is reportedly considering adding several cryptocurrencies to its basket next year. If that’s the case, XRP is likely on the short-list, given the coin’s growing profile in corporate circles. The company recently announced a partnership with American Express to solve liquidity issues in remittances. Under this partnership, Ripple will help AMEX achieve instant blockchain-based payments.

TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington is also launching the creation of a $100 million crypto ledger called Arrington XRP Capital. As the name implies, the hedge fund will use XRP to pay distributions, salaries and other fees.

At the same time, financial institutions such as Standard Chartered are building a cross-border payment system on top of technology developed by Ripple. The platform will connect corporations across vast geographical distances.

It’s not just positive news that’s driving Ripple’s price gains. As we showed earlier, South Korean trading desks are on fire for XRP. As Kenneth Rapoza of Forbes reports, Asian traders are “going mad” for Ripple. This euphoria extends far beyond traders to include financial institutions as well. Ripple recently reported that a coalition of 61 Japanese banks and two of South Korea’s largest banks will launch a new digital payment platform on its blockchain, thereby bringing more institutional players to the mix.

“This initiative will be the first time money moves from Japan to Korea over RippleNet,” Team Ripple announced last week.
sydneyhero

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:57:52 AM

Time to buy more Ripple  Smiley
scanpay (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:57:44 AM

Yes, I think that's a great opportunity for us Smiley
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:03:55 AM

It's the Ripple owners spreading the rumors. It's all time high and the large investors will do anything to cashout some profit from the new investors.
Not a good time to buy as a investor.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:06:54 AM

Time to shine ripple. It's been a long wait. Now is the moment to invest after you've solidify and shown your inner strength. Go ripple.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
Kyecerulian

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:07:56 AM

Holiday optimism? I'll love to see how this plays out over the next few weeks.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:16:19 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 06:16:57 AM by sotoshihero

Time to buy more Ripple  Smiley

Hmm I think lets just observed first as it might also fallback after its highs. I know this is a good coin and  I would say, just buy always on its dips. Also in addition, this is a good for long term hold.

This coinbase rumors that xrp will be added is already pickup on mainstream, it really helps the xrp price.
abeke

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:10:55 AM

Looks like I sold all my XRP to early  Smiley Good time to buy some XRP again. Will there be correction to buy cheaper? They say buy on rumors sell on the news.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:27:04 AM

xrp = scam

nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:35:33 AM

Coinbase should add Ripple XRP long time ago, it's not no-name project that is running on hype or pump and dump coin, it's a solid digital currency with the good development team and recently hired new communication manager Tom Channick (ex. Facebook com. manager). As long as I remember XRP was always high on CMC.
I personally don't have XRP, don't like their total supply (billions) and centralized structure but must say is not bad project and is here a long time.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:42:02 AM

I think the Ripple story is only just beginning, it has languished in the sub $0.30 range for quite some time, but the fact that alot of the banks will utilise Ripple is what makes it an exciting propsect going forward.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:15:45 AM

XRP is a very good token. It has cooperated with Banks and has a high reputation in the world. Although it is large, I am still optimistic about its future.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 08:24:48 AM

Its just a rumor but it surges its price and got the 1$ mark. Its a good news for the XRP holders since it increase by nearly 100-200% I think. Ripple has a good future as we can see because it is connected with the banks and its at the top 10 in coinmarketcap. This is just only the beginning of the ripple and if this trend continues, we can see that ripple will surpass bitcoin cash's market cap.

SIGNATURE FOR RENT
cryptotitan

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:46:11 AM

If this is soon to be news,this would make its price multiplied exponentially,its time to hodlers to claim their long term holdings.

myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:47:26 AM

I will wait for more price correction. at least %50 price drop is fine for me to jump in.
Patience is what i do best. this maybe cause of age.

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
Fire26

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:03:46 AM

Hey I'm new here - does anyone know approximately when in 2018 Coinbase is planning on adding new currencies to their platform? And atm are there are any other clear frontrunners to be added besides Ripple (XRP)?
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 11:40:32 AM

I don't have ripple but if I had, I would probably sold all of them since I think there will be correction to $0.5, $0.6 I would buy more at these price.
cryptonero

Merit: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:50:05 AM

Though it still rumored to be listed in the coinbase,many of the people are buying this coin thats why the price still surging up until now.

mangkanor

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:49:13 PM

This is very good news for all the holders since it was around $0.2 but if you want to invest on it today its very risky no one knows how far it will go.

bmv143

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:43:01 PM

I think the Ripple story is only just beginning, it has languished in the sub $0.30 range for quite some time, but the fact that alot of the banks will utilise Ripple is what makes it an exciting propsect going forward.

Before the banks announced the ripple, the coin had a low price at the moment, it went up well. Now you can wait for the coin to be added to Coinbas for a sharp flight to the moon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: