Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:27:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a Christmas gift  (Read 892 times)
MairaObergh

Activity: 270
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:17:00 PM

I assume most would be giving a fraction of a fraction of a Bitcoin, due to how high it is. That would be awkward to give somebody who's only heard the term. They might think it's a weird gift, literally pay it no attention, even if you told them it was worth something. Just to buy something they would need to spend a long time studying it.

It's technically one of those gifts that you give a person because it's something that you like so much, but that the other person just doesn't care about.

I'm trying to think of an example. It's like you love collecting plastic forks, and decided to gift that as if the person is going to care about such a thing. Of course I would love to get Bitcoins, it might be an annoyance to the person.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Potatohead

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:08:06 PM

Bitcoin breaking it’s high-price again and again, multiple purposes rather than payment system and future investment.
All this make bitcoin a perfect gift for your love, wife, and family.

1.  your gift for Christmas will be a bitcoin?.
2. your ways to gift bitcoins "Hardware wallet, bitcoin gifts, paper wallet, Physical Coins, Donate"?.

Well as a Christmas gift I would rather give other gifts than giving bitcoin as a gift. It is better beceaise they can keep the gift as a remembrance. People are keeping their bitcoin, so I bet most people would not give away their bitcoin.
tats14

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:32:03 AM

Bitcoin breaking it’s high-price again and again, multiple purposes rather than payment system and future investment.

2. your ways to gift bitcoins "Hardware wallet, bitcoin gifts, paper wallet, Physical Coins, Donate"?.

Yes bitcoin is a perfect gift for your love ones, even if its money, bitcoin as gift is so the best gift ever! Happy new year!

vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:47:53 AM

Id rather receive it as a gift than give it hahahahaha!! But sure it makes a really cool gift especially for someone that is actually somewhat interested in it.

That's cool, Bitcoin is very interesting when it comes to investment. It doesn't require minimum amount just to get involved in investing. Bitcoin can be a Christmas gift but each one should interested with it. Cause it is a virtual currency and it can be done thru internet.
Freyya08

Activity: 172

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:18:16 AM

Why not? I would be very glad if i will be able to receive bitcoin as a christmas gift. But i dont think someone will be willing to give such.

Bradoets

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:31:20 PM

before Christmas start bitcoin have correction which make it bad gift next year will give 0.1 bitcoin for my wife. Grin Grin

will buy Hardware wallet for it.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:50:36 AM

Well as a Christmas gift I would rather give other gifts than giving bitcoin as a gift. It is better beceaise they can keep the gift as a remembrance. People are keeping their bitcoin, so I bet most people would not give away their bitcoin.
With the current price rate of Bitcoin, I don’t think anyone would be able to do that, except for Santa, lol. But as you said, it’s always good to give people a gift they can remember always, than to give them something they won’t remember much easily. Though if money is given at a time of serious need, it will always be remembered.
lol1yatme

Activity: 200

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:09:53 AM

I will happily accept bitcoin as a Christmas gift but unfortunately I will never receive this gift because I am not Christian and I don’t celebrate Christmas. But I am sure that every Christian will welcome this gift if someone will give him bitcoin in gift. It will be a precious gift he will receive and he will celebrate his Christmas party with double enjoyment. A Christmas and a bitcoin gift. Those who know the value of bitcoin will never give it as a gift to anyone.
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

I think it is a unique thing to do. In my country there is an exchange that features voucher, with voucher we can give gift easily. even the service can make us directly convert to local currency. Maybe in some countries it also exists, but I think I am lucky because Bitcoin can be freely used in my place.
I don’t think that there will be any person who doesn’t want bitcoin as a gift. If he doesn’t have a wallet he will open an account for this gift but will never refuse to accept such a valuable gift.

If someone tells me that he wants to give me a gift in bitcoin but you must have a wallet to hold it, I will arrange a wallet in seconds to receive this gift, because I know what the value of bitcoin is. In my country one bitcoin means 1500000 of my local currency.
Minnie1928

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:40:41 AM

I have some satoshis that I have earned with the free faucets. I am newly introduced to the crypto world so I don't have the right to have the desire for the entire Bitcoin without the proper knowledge that I must still absorb. I am hoping for the future profits that will be achieved with the proper knowledge I will get. Then when I will have the proper knowledge and maybe also get some Bitcoins through the trades and investment I will also desire the gift from my husband - hardware wallet.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:10:05 AM

Definitely a unique gift and one I would love to receive. Would give some as gifts to my family members but unfortunately most of them have a negative outlook on Bitcoin.

apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:46:04 AM

If there would be the very best and the most unique gift that somebody could get.But honestly,the price of bitcoin transaction is too high so rather buy some personalized gifts to give rather than give bitcoins.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JohnnyCashers

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:51:05 AM

In my country it will not be a very good gift, it will be very hard to exchange it for the right things. If only as a souvenir can  Smiley
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:36:24 AM

Even if someone is giving bitcoin as Christmas gift, such a person must really understand what bitcoin is all about first and not just be someone who would end up not even appreciating the value of what you have given to them and why they may need to hold it.

For someone who would appreciate it though, I do not see any reason why I would not do that. After all, even though in my wallet and my wife knows what bitcoin is as I have hinted her already, I gave her few bitcoins as a Christmas gift and man, it was like I gave her the whole world.
developeX

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:50:31 AM

I rather give hard wallet than to give bitcoin with uncertainty that he will possible lost access to it,
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 08:04:05 AM

Bitcoin as a Christmas gift would be a unique way of gifting since people are used to receive fiat or material things. It would be a good way of introducing to others what bitcoin is for those who don't have an idea about it and for those who already knew, I am pretty sure they would be more than happy to receive it knowing how much it is worth. There are parents and god-parents who are considering gifting bitcoin or other coin perhaps to their loved ones because they knew that it would be have much more worth in the future. I would be glad too to receive bitcoin as a gift.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:17:04 AM

It sounds interesting actually, it was like a high-tech angpao today.

Unlike traditional way of giving money as a gift were we probably used angpao to serve as a pocket today we can send Bitcoin to our love ones instantly through different apps such as Coins.ph and many more. It makes our life more convenient!
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:42:57 PM

Not a bad idea, I will love to have 1 Bitcoin as a Christmas gift that will be my best Christmas ever. And to give someone Bitcoin as a Christmas gift I think the would never forget such.
No one is going to refuse such an amazing gift on Christmas and I am pretty much sure only your partner can gift you such precious thing otherwise no one from your family is going to dare gift you such expensive thing. You should never ever lose that person in your life who can gift you one bitcoin because he or she is really sincere with you. I hope so I may also get such an amazing gift tomorrow.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:54:26 PM

I did not made such gifts during Christmas but i think that i would brethren buy a book to that person regarding the crypto technology.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:14:10 AM

Yes bitcoin is a perfect gift for your love ones, even if its money, bitcoin as gift is so the best gift ever! Happy new year!
I can imagine anyone giving me bitcoin now, no matter how small actually knows that it is something that may apparently be worth something pretty huge later in the future. Although, it is something that I believe that it would take someone who really know some few things about bitcoin to realize the worth but at least, it is a way to even tell some people a lot about bitcoin and maybe in the long run, they will get to keep understanding and be happy you really did.

But honestly some people would appreciate fiat more than bitcoin because they have no understanding of what you are giving to them and no matter how much you try to explain to them, they would really not still get it anyway.

Nevertheless, for someone like me, I would not really mind bitcoin as a gift, no matter the occasion as it does not have to be Christmas. Christmas have passed anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: