Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:38:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome slowing my Phoenix miner!  (Read 1516 times)
carbonc (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 60

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:31:40 AM

Just opening up Google Chrome slows my AOCLBF Phoenix 1.5 miner down from 430 MH/s to 383 MH/s ...

Does this happen for anybody else?

It does not do this with IE 9...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
XIU

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 01:36:58 AM

Running the dev build? In about:flags there are some options related to GPU accelerated stuff.
pinjas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:09:22 AM

Just opening up Google Chrome slows my AOCLBF Phoenix 1.5 miner down from 430 MH/s to 383 MH/s ...

Only if that card is used for the display.  If the card is what is connected to your monitor, than that is to be expected, doing anything on the machine takes some processing, generally of both the cpu and gpu, some things more than others.
Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 09:16:39 PM

If you have onboard graphics enable and use for primary display.  Run GPUs in background and you should see minimal drop (if any).

If not, and you have older vid card laying around, install and use as primary.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 11:00:31 PM

Chrome uses your GPU for rendering the website(not only for displaying it). Therefore, Phoenix gets less MH/s
By the way, so do the current versions of FireFox and the latest internet explorer.

If you want to stay CPU only, stick with firefox 3.6 or use FireFox 4/5 and disable GPU accelleration(google it, I dunno how to because I use FF3.6)

AFAIR Google Chrome has an option to disable GPU accelleration too, as I'm on windows xp that option is invisible to me, as XP does only provide limited support for GPU acceleration so it's hardly used by chrome, therefore cannot be disabled.
flyswatta

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 07:29:01 PM

Maybe the page you are opening has one of the hidden javascript miners in it  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: