Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:16:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes you think that ICO is good?  (Read 459 times)
ozm0823 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:44:07 PM

I always check their website  and team as well. How about you guys? Do you go by suggestion or do you do research on the ICO?

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Norcal2020

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:55:46 PM

I always check their website  and team as well. How about you guys? Do you go by suggestion or do you do research on the ICO?
I base it on a few factors....must have a whitepaper with detailed information about their mission, the website needs to be more professional looking, they aren't making growth claims (ie...buy for .05, will go to .75), and people have mentioned them in a social feed. This worked for me when getting into the Dragonchain (DRGN) ICO, for example.  Also, looking at Bob's Repair, which, from my perspective only, looks interesting on their upcoming ICO.  Good luck out there and never invest more than you are comfortable losing.
pooque

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:01:22 PM

Choose the ICO that has existing product in the market or any services in real life,a good development team,whitepaper and its short and long term goals roadmap,good community's feedback,good investors or partners,distribution of its supply must be fair to the investors, and many other things to consider.

secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:55:47 PM

If the development team is willing to put their name out there, along with pictures and possibly linking their LinkedIn profiles as well, it shows that they are taking their ICO seriously. Most ICOs throw around random names with no portraits, and honestly it makes me trust that ICO less.

SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:00:06 PM

I check how they are promoting, how well they are explaining and representing thr coin or token, in this case i will mentioned bit-degree, see how professionaly they are promoting and expressing. That is how I hunt the ICOs.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
mustafayigittt

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:43:34 PM

when I look ICOs, first I search their team and adivisor. I look linknd I google them. If they have good carier after I can trust them. After I read their white paper. Its most important to do it.
turneps

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

umachit.fund

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:47:56 PM

You should do some research before investing in some ICO's ,read the whitepaper, see if the developers are good (by searching them on linkedin for example), see if they site is good, understand if the coin have some good sponsor, see why this coin is different from others

vejdemann

Activity: 350
Merit: 75

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:48:12 PM

Any way, if I choose ICO for take part in its bounty or for investments, I always check it by myself. I check its site, read the white paper & roadmap, search in the internet its members of the team.  
rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 08:53:57 PM

Low market cap, good team, good project, everything must be very clear before ico. If a project has all of these, I might think of investing in it.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:04:01 PM

I always check their website  and team as well. How about you guys? Do you go by suggestion or do you do research on the ICO?

1. Intensive reading of the whitepaper
2. Intensive study on the team
3. Check Social feeds

diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:07:09 PM

I take some suggestions from a few friends and I use a few things to immediately judge an ICO such as the look and feel of site and the level of interest, after that if I'm interested I read the whitepaper and then look at how it will fit in and who they'll compete with.

Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:08:06 PM

Checking team is most important for me. Than whitepaper and website for detailed informations about ICO and roadmap. After that I read some comments on ANN to see what other people think about that ICO.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:08:47 PM

The most important thing is the value of the token after the ico. It's desirable that the number of tokens remains unchanged or even decreased later. Well if the holders of the tokens are promised a portion of the profits and discounts on the services of the project or at least tokens can be used as an internal currency for payments. Even better  if the company intends to redeem tokens with a premium to the placement price within the agreed timeframe. It's bad if the company continues to unrestrictedly issue tokens % so your investments will quickly depreciate.
Samplex

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:10:08 PM

1. check their website how well it is done, if they put an effort in it : Design as well as information how easy it can leave first impression on the first sight

2. Check who is behind the project

3. check their white paper if it makes sense to me

4. Think about the idea of project

5. Check what they have done to promote them selfs

6. Check who is behind the project

7. Check if they have started with development

8. Read whitepaper

9. Is it a scam?

Sometimes some people have money for ads and reputable staff but they fail to provide good product and serviece.
Mainly if I don't like the website and idea I don't want to waste my time to read that much, first reading of white paper is just to skim through but at end I sit down and read it in detail.

lkjhg

Activity: 744

Join On COMBO

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:16:40 PM

I judge the quality of ICO from its appeal, if they have a crowd I am sure ICO is most likely to succeed.
And the important thing is the project's vision and mission is good for the long term or it will only die in the short term

burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:21:15 PM

I always check their website  and team as well. How about you guys? Do you go by suggestion or do you do research on the ICO?
I like to see old members involved
When it is pumped by the old members of crypto I know they do not play around, they know what is good and what is not and they truly want crypto to succeed.

I see everyone commenting on this thread has a 2017 registration date - which means you were not around to see the hard work put in by old developer teams and you just happened to get in at the right time cause pretty much everything pumped this year - split wide open-

Definitely put some time into learning who the team is, how long have they been involved in crypto's and what is the ICO for, how active are they in informing their community about what is going on with developments.

Personally I like to see more than just a block chain and marketing in place, I like to see real results, I just read through the NXT IGNIS ICO and the way that team followed through with what they are doing and I think i would have been first in line to join if I would have been active in the forums to see the ANN, but that is cause I know what that team is capable of - its not a gamble - I know that they can produce results and continue to back up what they have built in the past.

Listen to people that have been involved in crypto for years - that is what I do.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:24:57 PM

One of the best indicators is popularity. At least it reduces the chance of it being useless. After that I dig a little deeper in to whitepaper and try understand what the project is about. Overall I don't take part in many ICOs as I feel more often than not they're cheaper after ICO than before.

D ltr

Activity: 1360
Merit: 258

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:27:09 PM

I always check their website and team as well. How about you guys? Do you go by suggestion or do you do research on the ICO?

same as you, i check their team and partners they have
if they have a partners from a big company i think they will have a good result in the end

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
NaissuR

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:39:57 PM

These days its hard to tell with so many ICO's...
only if i like the idea i start to dig more and watch the team and the community around it
i did invest in an ICO for a long time, didnt find interesting ones
its better to invest when the coin is on the market and you see whats going on

Cryptozond

Activity: 327

★BREATH-BASED illness diagnostic★

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 09:49:52 PM

First of all, the team has good experience in the past, the presence of at least the initial stage of product, a detailed witepaper and a clear roadmap

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: