Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:28:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @Yifu/Bitsyncom please dont hold back the chip shipment because of b3 miners...  (Read 9897 times)
sasadjak

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:09:12 PM

Guys, first in first out is the basic rule. Especially for goods come from same company and will affect each other no matter which is shipped first.
In that logic BFL should stop shipping jalapeno from July before he deliver single from June and make more damage to all.
Avalon not alone in business anymore. If he not deliver chips soon we all lose money...
Maybe that is good for community, next time he must first make chips than sell him...
Tursk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:47:23 PM

I'm wondering where are those million Avalon chips now which were seen on pictures from Hong Kong some weeks ago.

Are they in some warehouse collecting dust?
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1836
Merit: 2830

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 03:52:04 PM

Ship the chips Yifu!!!!!   Please...  Grin

Noogsy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:56:27 PM

Honestly, I'm of a different opinion.
It's enough seeing BFL spit on "the queue" by sending Jalapenos out that were later ordered than other singles/rigs.
Please don't do that too, Avalon. Batch 3 boxes were just ordered first.
Thx 4 reading.

---
Cheers
badalien

Activity: 540
Merit: 250

BestRate.org

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 03:56:43 PM

@Yifu, dont hold back the chips , this have no sense.  Think forward and send the chips.
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:59:14 PM

@Yifu, dont hold back the chips , this have no sense.  Think forward and send the chips.
+1  Cheesy
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:24:40 PM

+2

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:14:56 PM

It's enough seeing BFL spit on "the queue" by sending Jalapenos out that were later ordered than other singles/rigs.
Thx 4 reading.

Well guess what, I don't see a written statement that no chips will be delivered before avalon shipments are complete... Neither do I see a clause in the chip shipment information that shipping might be delayed due to delays in other products.
koob

Activity: 204

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:34:33 PM

Neither do I see a clause in the chip shipment information that shipping might be delayed due to delays in other products.

Batch 3 customers didnt saw that statement too, however #3 is delayed.
eraziel

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:49:11 PM

I don't see chip buyers running around begging avalon b3 to be delayed, do you?
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:09:12 PM

I don't see chip buyers running around begging avalon b3 to be delayed, do you?

Well here we go.... PLEASE DELAY BATCH 3, Ship the chippies first so we can develp more boards then just avalon

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:15:02 PM

I love how you guys post here like they are going to respond.

Don't any of you know a lawyer who can send these guys a certified letter and start the process?

It's really very simple, they took your money and now you need to get their attention.

Just need someone to step up.

alchimista

ars longa, vita brevis

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:31:33 PM

Avalon batch 3 is a product of Bitsyncom,
Chips are a product of TCSM,
Jupiter and Saturns are a product of KnCminer.

So, i pretend that KnCminer now delays his hardware shipment, to protect us poor customers.

"Ab tam tenui initio tantae opes sunt profligatae"
Vendo Bitcoin a mano a Pisa \ Firenze .:. Compro e Vendo Bitcoin postepay|sepa
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 09:03:55 PM

iikun... if you call him you can see that he occassionally clicks away a call. He reads ticket headers but getting an answer is nearly impossible.

Wayne_Chang... i think that is your logic and i dont understand it. I asked for a miner refund because the long delay for batch 3 is so big that i dont believe anymore to get the buying price back. Thats not the case with the chips. I didnt ask for a refund for the chips. I ordered chips because not much can go wrong. Now having the chips delayed because of an independent product isnt ok. It doesnt help the b3- buyers anyway when you see the difficulty. So why should the next group of customers get problems?
Think about it just like we took train from same place to same destination. Your ticket was 1 hour earlier than mine. But the train delayed 1 hour. When the train arrived staition, the conductor let me go first just because you was already delayed but I didn't. Do you think this logic is right or wrong?

Its more like there are people that want to go by train and not have to drive on their own and other people that want to drive on their own by car. The time for the train comes and the road is blocked for the cars... everyone waits and after a long time its said that the train still is standing in the station. But the cars have to wait and wait only because the train should have go through before after schedule. Instead letting the cars through all have to suffer. And instead giving refund to those sitting at the train station so they could buy a taxi ticket the refund is missing. But even with refund... the taxi wouldnt go through... its blocked.
I mean yifu would not even have work with shipping the chips. A least not much. Solving some tickets, telling his shipment provider how many chips to ship to which address and thats it. Completely different to creating miners.

@SebastianJu, you should spam call Yifu until he finally answers. You seem to have had luck in the past. Tongue

I gave up on this. I tried it for days... i have a list with all the calls and how fast the call was ended... 90% of the time it rings out at 30 seconds, the remaining times he click me away. He will definitely not answer me anymore. I gave up on this. I know he reads the topics of tickets... thats the only thing i try occasionally to remind him.

And that is why so many of us B3 folk opted for a refund.  The reasons which made the deal sensible went out the window with the chip sales following right on their heels/ahead in shipping.

I would have kept it when it came in time... May 5th was the original shipping date  Shocked... its now nearly 3!!! months later... i mean the chips would have been shipped a good time after that... then assembly and so on... b3-miners would have gotten their chance. But at least yifu saw himself that there is a problem and offered refund. In bitcoin... thats something good... though i miss the refund till now.

It's not ethically fair to hold up chips for one group when the chips are ready for both the Avalon units and DIY boards.

This assumes the chips are ready and waiting to be shipped, of which there is no evidence of.  Just be patient and wait for your chips as we wait for our Avalons.  What will be will be.

I dont doubt that they are there. Yifu collected chip batches until 5 weeks after opening of the sales. Then he ordered all batches at the foundry at once. All future batches were ordered instantly at the foundry. Most probably because they didnt have started to produce and so the new batch still could switch into queue. And the foundry waited a bit so that they only have to change their machines one time and produce all in one rush. Now already many chips are shipped to those 2 big wholesale buyers and one small batch to zefir. Im sure those chips are produced with all the others. But those wholesalebuyers were smart enough to get a special contract with fast delivery. I doubt that so many chips were ordered in between. If they would have ordered those wholesale chips from the start then it would have been no problem to order all other batches right in the moment of ordering. But yifu didnt, he ordered after 5 weeks.
Of course thats no evidence but i think it contains some logic.

If you guys insist on your logic, how about this.
Bitsyncom comes out 2nd generation wafer, and sold out immediately. Because wafer do not need to do assembly and test, so they ship wafer before your guys' chips or at least paralleled.
How do you think in this way?

Wouldnt happen. Because new generation chips cant be produced faster than already proofed old ones. I ordered the old chips especially because i know that it can be done fast.

Guys, first in first out is the basic rule. Especially for goods come from same company and will affect each other no matter which is shipped first.

*lol* I hope you never become a manager at amazon. You probably would stop the whole shipment machinery when goods are sold out. Yes, youre right, these buyers ordered earlier but hold back other already available goods? I hope you get the point.

@AMD FTW... I remember too that Yifu calculated the price on future mining income. It was some kind of formula... *search* I guess i found it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203745.msg2629734#msg2629734

Thx 4 reading.

Thats unfair from BFL, i see this too. But the difference is that they work on those newer orders first while they should work on the olders first.
Its different with avalon. The chips ONLY need to be shipped. No miner to create. So thats not an excuse.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
joeventura

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:06:13 PM

I love how you guys post here like they are going to respond.

Don't any of you know a lawyer who can send these guys a certified letter and start the process?

It's really very simple, they took your money and now you need to get their attention.

Just need someone to step up.

He holds all the cards and I know that sending him something from a lawyer won't help speed him up, only slow him down.

You sir are a doormat.

He holds all the cards??  You paid, he did not deliver. Its not about "oh maybe someday he will send me what I paid for"  After a while you are just a chump.  Question is when is that? 12 weeks? 14 weeks?  4 months?

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:06:09 PM

iikun... if you call him you can see that he occassionally clicks away a call. He reads ticket headers but getting an answer is nearly impossible.

Wayne_Chang... i think that is your logic and i dont understand it. I asked for a miner refund because the long delay for batch 3 is so big that i dont believe anymore to get the buying price back. Thats not the case with the chips. I didnt ask for a refund for the chips. I ordered chips because not much can go wrong. Now having the chips delayed because of an independent product isnt ok. It doesnt help the b3- buyers anyway when you see the difficulty. So why should the next group of customers get problems?
Think about it just like we took train from same place to same destination. Your ticket was 1 hour earlier than mine. But the train delayed 1 hour. When the train arrived staition, the conductor let me go first just because you was already delayed but I didn't. Do you think this logic is right or wrong?

The comparison with the trains doesn't work because the comparison is wrong. A better comparison would be if one person arrives via train and the other arrives by plane. The airport misplaces the luggage the passenger had brought along the plane. Is it fair for the airport hub to hold the train arrivals until they find or unload the passengers luggage that was misplaced on the flight. Of course not, the person that traveled by train shouldn't be delayed or penalized.

If the Avalon chips came in for Avalon B3 order and also the Avalon chips for only chip orders, then those should go out ASAP. It's not ethically fair to hold up chips for one group when the chips are ready for both the Avalon units and DIY boards. Whether its a hold up on pcbs, other parts or assembly its not fair for the DIY avalon chip projects out there. This will also have a negative effect on them since the next generation chips will be coming out down the road which also cuts into them as well.

Maybe a good practice would be to return some of the premined Avalon asic income that was generated from testing the units and use those to partially credit B3 people's purchase.

By that metaphor, one assumes that the Batch #3 chips were in fact always intended by Bitsyncom to have been manufactured as part of the mass chip order for the cumulative ordering of all the bulk chips, or that subsequently Bitsyncom has decided it would be prudent to save money in waiting to place one huge chip order to cover all sales, as opposed to a required smaller run specifically for Batch #3. Which at Batch #3's significantly increased price point, priced to meet promised returns from proposed difficulty at a guaranteed delivery date, wayy ahead of the bulk chip delivery, would be a gross misappropriation of Batch #3 buyers' funds.

In essence it looks like Batch #3's chips were manufactured at the exact same time as all the bulk orders, so any proposed price point based on return on investment due to their assumed future difficulty, which at the time never included such massive quantities of bulk chips, was totally false...

Was there a promise that stated in writing that stated Avalon batch 3 units investment would be paid off and if so, in what time frame. That's part of the risk with investing in hardware and supporting the network. It might now always be in ones best interest and ones rate of return might not be as fast as one thought.

Wasn't their entire price point explained by Bitsyncom at the time of order to be based on future difficulty at the time of a guaranteed delivery so ROI could be met in a proposed timeframe preceding any profit from there on after...?

Not sure, but that would be pretty gutsy or irresponsible for a company to promise how long it'd take to pay off their hardware especially because of bitcoins price fluctuation and they had no idea how far BFL was behind and how many they could actually assemble and ship on a daily basis.

If you know of a statement, you should link it as I'd be interested in that.

Either way, I'm way more invested in Bitfury's design than my avalon investment.

Have to admit, I'm not 100% I've seen Biysyncom detail the reasoning behind their pricepoint, it may well have been forum users speculating their reasoning for such pricing, I'll have to dig around, so far from googling 'Avalon Batch 3 pricing', and going through some old emails from being a subscriber to their newsletter at the time, there's this from them w.r.t. B#3 price:

On to batch three, we at Avalon did not even wish to sell another batch. If you recall, our original plan was to produce only one batch, sell chips to thwart the centralization of mining, but due to the lackluster performance of our competitors we are here today as the exact centralization we tried to decouple.

Bwahahaha, this the exact reason why I don't respect some of my potential customers, I don't even want money from these people. In afterthought, raising the price it must stopped a lot people were purchasing because how brainless the profit was, now there is some math and faith involved.

The irony being a lacklustre performance in shipping a product they took money for...

Seb posted the link above where Bitsyncom determined B#3's price point;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203745.msg2629734#msg2629734

In any case it's from the FAQ on the official Avalon site;

http://launch.avalon-asics.com/#home

F.A.Qs
the need to know
What form of payment do your accept, and where in the world do you ship?

The only form of payment accepted is Bitcoin, we ship worldwide.

If I purchase Avalon Unit right now when can I expect to receive my unit?

At the time of writing Batch #3 is expect to start shipping early May.

How is each batch’s unit price determined?

The price of each unit is the current mining difficulty which at the time of writing, just got readjusted to about 6,695,826. We take that number and multiply it by two ( predicting the network speed will double. ) and calculate the return in a thirty day window, which is about 75 bitcoins. See this site for more details.

How can I find the latest firmware and documentation on the Avalon Unit?

The firmware, documentation and various other information is located on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon

Is there any plan to sell just the ASIC chips themselves and let others build their own units?

Yes, see http://store.avalon-asics.com/?page_id=9605 and https://github.com/BitSyncom/avalon-ref

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
joeventura

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:07:38 PM

After a while you are just a chump.  Question is when is that? 12 weeks? 14 weeks?  4 months?

Now that we are approaching 4 months from my chips order date I am starting to feel like a chump for sure. I trusted Avalon, and with every day that goes by I feel more snd more like my trust was misplaced.  I made the best mining investment I could in late April, and even that turned out to be a dud.

Truth is that the best investment from now on might be to buy and hold coins only. Too many people rushed into mining at once after our 3 month gold rush. Mining became over invested when the price peaked early 2013 and before mining power could come online fast enough to compensate.

Nobody knew the chips would be delayed back in April. It seemed like shipping could happen within 9 weeks at that time. They are just chips. Chips that they made before already.

--------------------------

None of this negates the fact that if you show up in china with a lawsuit over this you will get more laughs then results. What a waste of time and money. The fact that I realize this does not make me a doormat. It make me practical. I have no power to enforce Avalons shipping dates and the sooner I realize that and move on the better. I need to focus my energy on things I have control over now.

I believe your buddy Yifu is in NY
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:25:58 PM

None of this negates the fact that if you show up in china with a lawsuit over this you will get more laughs then results. What a waste of time and money. The fact that I realize this does not make me a doormat. It make me practical. I have no power to enforce Avalons shipping dates and the sooner I realize that and move on the better. I need to focus my energy on things I have control over now.

Hypothetically speaking, why would you go to China with a lawsuit?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157856.msg2594647#msg2594647

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 11:56:21 PM

Sue a Chinese company in China? Good luck with that. It would take years and cost a fortune.   And since their assets are in bitcoin, they can't really be seized either. Suing Yifu in NY would also be different, since you don't have a contract with him personally.

___
Technically speaking the fair thing to do would be to ship the batch 3 units that people ordered first, because people who ordered them expected them before the network was flooded with massive numbers of ASICs.

Also, for everyone else the longer they delay the more mining time at low difficulty everyone else gets.

Basically you're arguing that Bitsyncom should screw over the 'lil guy who can't afford 10k chips at a time but does have a batch3 miner on order, in order for you to get your product quicker.

I don't know what they'll do. They should really just focus on getting everyone's orders processed.

Batch 3 in total will  take between 144,000 chips and 192,000 chips.  If they're still waiting on chips from the fab, it would be unethical to delay production on batch 3 and send the chips to customers instead. If they have all the chips they need, they should probably send both. 

Of course, Yifu said that he wanted to get out of the individual miner business and get into the chip business instead. In that case it would be better to keep chip buyers happy then it would be to keep miner buyers happy - since they can't be repeat customers.

Interestingly, he said he got into the business because he wanted to strengthen the network, not make miners rich, and he's annoyed by people submitting tickets whining about their position in the queue order.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:51:06 AM

Sue a Chinese company in China?

BitSyncom LLC
187 Wolf Road, Suite 101
Albany, NY 12205
USA