Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 02:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @Yifu/Bitsyncom please dont hold back the chip shipment because of b3 miners...  (Read 9901 times)
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:27:07 PM

I think the most likely scenario is that large orders are being prioritized over small ones.

Yifu stated in newsletter that the chip orders will be shipped in order of ordering in the shop. But even when he ships in order of order size... there are no more happy customers yet. There are many days in between now already.
They also said the miners will be shipped per pre-order sequence.
Then what we got now? Were batch#2 and batch#3 miners shipped per pre-order sequence?
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:11:25 AM

somebody called and woke me up in the middle of the night for this, so I'll keep it short.

1a. see the conference video, I thought that's an update; for the lazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
1b. also got cornered after the panel and somebody took this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
2. an update incoming in < 1 week, pretty exciting.
3. we fully understand there is problems with orders ( no way?! )
- we can not address these issues IF WE DO NOT SOLVE OUR PRODUCTION ISSUE then we can not DELIVER at all.
- so until that happens, get all your information ready and bump the ticket if it makes you feel better, or just wish to complain and blow off some steam. ( please do not create new ones though, usually looking at the support system ticket insolvency merging at least 5-6 other ones first... ).
4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding, go outside, hug your mother, do something,

lastly, food for though:

who says we control that address in the first place?  Wink

Thanks for re-posting this Bitcoinorama, I actually hadn't seen it until now.  Technically, we didn't "corner" Yifu at the conference.  We all sort of huddled around him after his speech and since there were other speakers coming into the room, we all collectively moved outside.  Things are probably a bit different now, but at the time people were thankful that he was able to deliver miners when Josh couldn't.   Some guy even handed him an ice cream bar when he said he was hungry; another guy offered to take his trash before Yifu took it back and said he's going to throw away his own trash.  Now it's unknown what's going on, especially since this (chip design) is the direction he really wanted to take his company so to alienate his customers for a $10 million or so (this could be a helluva bigger enterprise if he delivers) would be short-sighted since he'd be josh'ing his reputation for the rest of his life at 23. 

I'm hopeful it will be resolved soon. 
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:29:01 AM

Hopefully. I don't think it's too much to ask to hold people to account to their own timelines. It is now beyond 10 weeks for many chip orders with the Avalon team being incommunicado.

Zefir's batch shipping seems anomalous given the volume of orders.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:46:46 AM

I don't have any chips or batch 3, but i definitely considered it at the time. The pricing for b3 put me off and the amount intermediaries put me off the bulk chips, although I love the community team effort so far and understand the frustration.

That said I'm confident it will work out fine. It appears Yifu has a habit of going silent just before activity and let's the activity speak for itself, which I think is still a positive thing. As much as you guys want reassurance, I can't help but imagine he is being hounded by all customers that have contact to him, his phone and enails are going bezerk, and he's probably buzzing around like a blue arsed fly trying to get it all sorted and sleeping as and when he can. No doubt there is some immature decisions being made due to lack of experience, schoolboy errors and probably pulling all nighters like all uni students do. I realise he is no longer at university, but he's of that age and disposition so I'd imagine I'd have been similar in that respect at that age, in fact I know for sure I was!

Likewise I appreciate the impatience experienced by you guys currently, some warranted, the rest just down to having an impatient trait, but in any case the B3 guys know there has been a spike of activity today in their mining pool indicating B3 is about to ship and some of the bulk chips have arrived in peeps hands so that's surely an imminent release.

In any case the best thing I think you can do for yourselves is stop staring at the screen and refreshing in the hope of news for the next 72 hours and hopefully something will transpire. Irrespective of what the ideal situation will be you know a bit about the charachter, you know he's a little flakey with comms, and you've got to appreciate he must be rushed of his feet, so don't get mad at him just yet as all signs indicate the wait will soon be over for you. Stay calm, stress does not help things, ever! Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:55:01 AM

Hopefully. I don't think it's too much to ask to hold people to account to their own timelines. It is now beyond 10 weeks for many chip orders with the Avalon team being incommunicado.

Zefir's batch shipping seems anomalous given the volume of orders.

+1 Correct.

The only measure we need go on is that. Delivery dates need to be met. Still waiting on our developer chips from a group buy as it is was stated 4 weeks for those. I find that telling from our June 24th order.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 04:54:44 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 05:25:09 AM by dexX7

25 before last 2C means week 25.

Very valuable information!

(Gridchip) fidelhi's chips are from week 24. Landed in HK on 2013-06-25 and he received them most possibly on 2013-07-09.

There is another chinese Avalon project, but I couldn't identify more.

So there are chips from week 24 (fidelhi) and week 25 (zefir, order date 2013-04-16) which were delievered on 2013-07-09 and 2013-07-23.

My best guess: they are indeed producing and shipping, but follow a) the queue and b) Avalon has as far as I recall hundrets of 10k chip orders... But on the other hand there would be people who received their chips. I would PM everyone who received chips (i.e. those chinese guys from above) and ask about details to create an overview. You also could do collect data on sample chips.

zefir's batch 1 and 2 were ordered on the same day, but have order number #9725 and #9921 and thus potentially more than 100 other orders inbetween.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

/dev/null

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:18:48 AM

so it seems, that our chinese friend was yesterday online here on our time wasting board. (after 2 weeks)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=68196

..but no new reaction to any avalon related threat. well, maybe he just hug his mother, or coding instead of explaining shipping delays to hundreds of guys here..
tiros

Activity: 126

Just another miner

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:30:46 AM

I agree with OP and want to add that bad handling (or unfortunate one) and planing shouldn't effect new customers knowing old ones with their delayed shipments should be handled already and long time ago. That would be stockpiling of problems and possible refunds and for sure is bad business model and practice. Having attitude to do it just because I can just make things worse.

I have no reason to guess why delays are happening, to talk about trains & stuff or I could come up with many Sci-Fi scenarios which would left me only speculating. Only thing I want to know in here is information provided by my supplier. Many if not most of us bought chips in various group buys, so questions to be asked should be asked by Zefir, SebastianJu' and others who organized their group buys. Seen that way, there should be not many support tickets regarding chips shipments delays and questions to answer. For sure I would respond to my customers out of respect if not anything else.

Sales is a contract with privileges, rights and obligations, and we all did our part, but now expected leading times for chips deliveries are not being honored. Of course , Yifu and his team are responsible for this ASIC revolution, which is great thing and we all are surely thankful for that, but they need to improve just few things to make it "good", knowing perfect is now impossible. So being said that I ask our good friend in common interest and our supplier;

Please Yifu let us know what are the plans, and when should we expect our chips Huh Thank you!

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:51:16 AM

My best guess: they are indeed producing and shipping, but follow a) the queue and b) Avalon has as far as I recall hundrets of 10k chip orders... But on the other hand there would be people who received their chips. I would PM everyone who received chips (i.e. those chinese guys from above) and ask about details to create an overview. You also could do collect data on sample chips.

zefir's batch 1 and 2 were ordered on the same day, but have order number #9725 and #9921 and thus potentially more than 100 other orders inbetween.

Exactly this, the difference between Zefir's batch 1&2 orders is quite large by order number. The anomaly being that the delivery date of batch 1 was approx one month after manufacture (as per the numbers on the chip). I'm not well enough connected to know if that is a reasonable lead time or not but it does seem a little slow to me
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 11:48:44 AM

The second 90 sample chip delivery i received were from week 21.

25 before last 2C means week 25.

Very valuable information!

(Gridchip) fidelhi's chips are from week 24. Landed in HK on 2013-06-25 and he received them most possibly on 2013-07-09.

There is another chinese Avalon project, but I couldn't identify more.

So there are chips from week 24 (fidelhi) and week 25 (zefir, order date 2013-04-16) which were delievered on 2013-07-09 and 2013-07-23.

Looks like some batch 3 miners are shipped again:

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 12:14:36 PM

I think its at least a good sign that yifu took a look in the forum. He most probably was informed about the ruckus and wanted to see what its about. I hope it will change something.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:23:59 PM

Believe it or not with the order numbers between batches mentioned above, and the B3's clearly shipping, I think it's genuinely following a logical path, and the almost 200 orders between batches mentioned are more than likely not active forum members, or at least wish to be overtly known to the rest of the forum, therefore aren't reporting receipt of any bulk chip shipments.

Hang in there, sure within the next month you guys will be in receipt of chips and worrying about assembly! Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:27:34 PM

That does make sense.

What do you guys think is the most logical explanation on the hold up on refunds?
Cold wallet access in a secured location with difficult to access security measures?
(I am envisioning the mission impossible scene with the suspension from the celining!)  Cool
trigeek

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 09:27:08 PM

What do you guys think is the most logical explanation on the hold up on refunds?

Poor management, lack of direction, lack of resources to handle all of the work they committed to performing. Same as with everything else they do. 

"But... but.. we're a small team..." Well, you should have been a bigger team to be able to do the things you promised. It's not like they couldn't have hired more help, they have enough money.

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 11:14:40 PM

Poor management, lack of direction, lack of resources to handle all of the work they committed to performing. Same as with everything else they do. 

"But... but.. we're a small team..." Well, you should have been a bigger team to be able to do the things you promised. It's not like they couldn't have hired more help, they have enough money.

Well, whoever was going to handle the refunds would have had to have access to their main wallet file. Not something you'd want to fob off to some random person on the street. They may have a setup that requires multiple people to authorize a release.

Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:30:05 AM

Well, whoever was going to handle the refunds would have had to have access to their main wallet file. Not something you'd want to fob off to some random person on the street. They may have a setup that requires multiple people to authorize a release.
Refund is easiest action to do compare with building&shipping machines&chips.
They should do this as soon as possible because they do not pay any interest to their customs.
One day delay means one day lost to their customers.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:33:43 AM

That is why don't get suck into these group buy, the middlemen will blame them on the supplier. Don't listen to their sweet talk. Don't buy pre order!!
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

/dev/null

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:37:25 AM

Don't buy pre order!!

yes, but buy ASIC HW in preorder is way, how to get miner with possibility of ROI.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:46:51 AM

Don't buy pre order!!

yes, but buy ASIC HW in preorder is way, how to get miner with possibility of ROI.

Because you do group buy and pre orders that is why you accept this unethical practice. money is your ulterior motive.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 11:40:38 AM

@Bitcoinorama... you see how silent it became in here? Yifu only had to ship a couple of miners and all the ruckus is gone again. Even though nothing really is better now. You can calm the masses this way. And thats why i think he did one b3-refund and one chip-batch-shipment.

Don't buy pre order!!

Because you do group buy and pre orders that is why you accept this unethical practice. money is your ulterior motive.

Its true that one has to take a risk at this point. But i really was of the impression that there will be no risk with avalon chips. I mean they are proven to work, avalon has nothing to build with them, they only have to order, pay, receive and ship. Thats it. And thats different from a miner assembler who will get problems in most cases.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: