Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:39:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it stupid to buy alts with bitcoin now ??  (Read 928 times)
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:12:28 PM

Right now it is not best idea to buy altcoin because already the values of altcoin went up very high so it is really very bad idea in the present condition. Keep your bitcoin safe in hardware wallets.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:21:18 PM

With bitcoin low, some alts are dancing like crazy when you compare them vs btc and not vs usd. So my question is .... is it really that smart to buy alts with bitcoin now, if or not if when bitcoin starts to move upwards again wont alts go down like crazy ?? Or is it worth taking a chance on something and hope for the best? PS! I'm trying to accumulate BTC not dollars  Tongue

It's certainly risky based on what you said and if bitcoin starts making some movement I would be quick to close any positions you have. I've seen it already when bitcoin went up 10% or so the other day, many alts crashed by about 20% in that time as people rush to get money in to bitcoin. It sounds like you understand how the markets move so you should be okay.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:44:32 PM

Not the perfect time to buy alts for a long time except the top of the list (e.g ETH, XRP) but in fact the best time to trade on daily basis.
Alts always involves a big risk because bitcoin volatility is too much high now as compared to the past, when the price is going to rise high no one knows, so better to be on the safe side and choose the top ranked coin with good reputation and don't depend on other coins.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:51:44 PM

The issue with the market now is that it is difficult to predict the top of the market, I was saying BTC is going to stopped at 10K during its rally but went as far as 20K, I think Altcoins is likely going to push crypto market cap to $1 trillion before the correction will begin
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:55:29 PM

Not the perfect time to buy alts for a long time except the top of the list (e.g ETH, XRP) but in fact the best time to trade on daily basis.
Alts always involves a big risk because bitcoin volatility is too much high now as compared to the past, when the price is going to rise high no one knows, so better to be on the safe side and choose the top ranked coin with good reputation and don't depend on other coins.

This is not the buy and hold. Now we can actually able to make the profit with the altcoins in trading side. If you money invest in trading and make the short term earning now. We see many people investing on the altcoins such as ripple, waves, IOTA and etc but all these coins are not reliable coins in the market to be stable for long time.
Like every time bitcoin and ethereum only will grows more than anything in the market for sure so investing on the altcoins will be very risky move for the long term holders.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
beebee187

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:16:02 PM

I think it's smart to have some of both. I wouldn't ever get rid of all my bitcoin for alts, but doing some trades with altcoins can definitely be a nice way to maximize your porfolio returns. I often will trade some bitcoin out for an altcoin, and wait until it hits a good price and transfer back to bitcoin.

simsamsum

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:18:56 PM

With bitcoin low, some alts are dancing like crazy when you compare them vs btc and not vs usd. So my question is .... is it really that smart to buy alts with bitcoin now, if or not if when bitcoin starts to move upwards again wont alts go down like crazy ?? Or is it worth taking a chance on something and hope for the best? PS! I'm trying to accumulate BTC not dollars  Tongue

as others has said, it depends on what altcoin you buy. However, if its good or bad to buy altcoins for your bitcoins - nobody knows..
Gaius Cryptus Tradius

Activity: 196

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:21:20 PM

I think the altcoin season has just begun, a lot of new people signing in to exchanges. I heard that yesterday Binance had 250k registrations

real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:32:32 PM

I think it is not wise that buying other altcoins with bitcoin now, because, in my opinion it is a good time to investing in bitcoin. The price of it is giving a good buying opportunity for now.
kriptoman171

Activity: 307

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:39:27 PM

Today is the best time to buy, tomorrow it will still be more expensive, and you will regret not having bought it yesterday.
Alexarik

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:59:00 PM

To buy crypto coins any time is good, just the beginning of the crypto revolution. And especially bitcoin, this is the best crypto coin.
Riten

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:11:48 PM

Bitcoin will go first up in next period, but after the rise it would be good to change some into alts.
Do the research and get your picks
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:14:57 PM

You know buddy bitcoin goes up and alts will follow. because bitcoin is the core of cryptocurrency and if it goes sideways then we must see a pump season for altcoins, what if btc reverse downwards? then bitcoin will go down followed by alts. so learn from it.
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:29:18 PM

It's definitely a risk, especially given as you said you are hoping to grow bitcoin instead of usd. I think right now the whole market is down and so alts will also increase alongside bitcoin, in fact I think there will initially be a larger increase in alts. I do feel though that after an initial increase bitcoin will have a run and that's what you don't want to miss. The run towards and beyond a new ATH.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Serg22

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:54:56 PM

Again the situation is repeated a week ago, when the whole crypto currency is in the red zone, a market capitalization falls, no one can give a clear answer what to do. My opinion is that to buy now is impractical.
kkofor

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:41:31 PM

the market is falling down because the fear feeling. It does not mean the altcoins is not good. You should research and you will know there are many cheap coins which are released from successful projects with potential services. They are TIO, CTR, H2O and PKT
Alstad

Activity: 238
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:56:41 PM

I trade alts to bitcoin Roll Eyes
From my point of view, it's better to have 100 bitcoins at $ 1000 each than one for $ 100,000
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:36:38 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 05:42:52 AM by CopMom

As the cryptos market is falling in rate as fast as it is now, it is the best time to invest in cryptos. You should buy cryptos such as BTC, LTC, ETH, USDT and hold until the cryptos market rate increases again to spend in altcoins rather than invest altcoins at present, the risk will be very high.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:42:59 PM

It is ironic, because since January the 4th (when this guy posted this) i made more than x3 of my entire portfolio until the last four days when everything go down by more than 30%..

But yes, maybe this is true, but altcoins are being extremely profitable right now.

Just look at the charts of all the altcoins, they all have been super bullish
Don't buy altcoins now. All of them are pumped and will come down once bitcoin makes its next run.
ETFs, Futures and upgrades are in store for BTC in 2018.. so far that's what we know of. BTC will pump guaranteed and altcoiners will dump to take profits and get into BTC for the rise.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
CryptiDiiiva

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 11:57:32 PM

when the bitcoin goes up the Alt follows it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: