Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:38:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you contact Tradehill?  (Read 9275 times)
GabrielZ (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:08:49 AM

This is the point at which you file a police report for fraud.

It's someone in the US, and you have names and addresses.  They can be found and arrested.

In theory, that is correct. But they live in the US, I live in Germany.

In addition, I don't know if the new Tradehill company is liable for the old Tradehill company.
Do you know?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zipmaster

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:16:27 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 10:35:58 PM by zipmaster

I see this thread died off in November but figured I would drop notie of my experience with TH.

I was one of the many customers whose bitcoins vanished without notice when Tradehill shut down two years ago. After an email sent to the support@tradehill address, Jared Kenna answered me quite promptly verifying the amount owed to me and asking me for a wallet address he could deposit them to. I immediately responded with my wallet address and thanked him for his business.

Weeks and months went by without any news about my coins. I started emailing TH support 3-5 times a week asking for the status of my coins without receiving a response. Eventually, after 5 months, I sent an email threatening legal action. Surprisingly, my coins were returned that same day and Jared Kenna contacted me again to verify that the transaction had gone through properly.

It was a long hassle but ultimately everything got straightened out.

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 07:16:02 PM

I see this thread died off in November but figured I would drop notie of my experience with TH.

I was one of the many customers whose bitcoins vanished without notice when Tradehill shut down two years ago. After an email sent to the support@tradehill address, Jared Kenna answered me quite promptly verifying the amount owed to me and asking me for a wallet address he could deposit them to. I immediately responded with my wallet address and thanked him for his business.

Weeks and months went by without any news about my coins. I started emailing TH support 3-5 times a week asking for the status of my coins without receiving a response. Eventually, after 5 months, I sent an email threatening legal action. Surprisingly, my coins were returned and Jared Kenna contacted me again to verify that the transaction had gone through properly.

It was a long hassle but ultimately everything got straightened out.
Yes, litigation works in these situations. Even threats of litigation sometimes work.

There's a whole system out there designed to deal with people who take the money and run. There are business called "skip tracers" who specialize in finding people who ran. Lawsuits where they just refuse to pay up are usually not very complex or expensive.
GabrielZ (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:22:29 PM

Eventually, after 5 months, I sent an email threatening legal action. Surprisingly, my coins were returned and Jared Kenna contacted me again to verify that the transaction had gone through properly.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with Tradehill.

I have sent a similar email to TH, about 2 weeks ago. No response until now.

How long did it take until you got your bitcoins back?

zipmaster

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:35:24 PM

I received the coins the SAME day I emailed my threat.
GabrielZ (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:44:27 PM

That was quick.

Could you send me the wording that you used for threatening legal action?

You can PM me, or post it here, whichever suits you better.
bittencoin

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:23:17 AM

I received the coins the SAME day I emailed my threat.

Can you share the legal info please?  Tradehill still owe me a fair amount of btc that could be in the 6 figures at the current rates.  I have tried to contact them but they have never answered the email after their initial response asking for account info.

What kind of legal action can I take and how, I don't live in CA, but I can drive there to file legal action if I know where to start.  Thanks.
a.denis1

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:58:40 PM

Huh How many times tradehill can scam people ?
Please guy stay away from tradehill  Wink
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 10:16:24 PM

What kind of legal action can I take and how, I don't live in CA, but I can drive there to file legal action if I know where to start.  Thanks.
Under $10,000, California small claims court should work. Over that, you need a lawyer.
ziggamon

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:04:59 PM

I'm also one of those still owed money. Emailed them tons of times for over a year, and nothing until now. Last thing is their website seems to be completely down.

Anyways, I've spoken to lawyers that confirm that the claim can be litigated (assuming there's a total amount large enough to finance the fees).

I'm now in the process of gathering people interested in sharing these costs. If you're owed money, please PM me with a contact email and details about what kinds of proof you have, what you've tried to do to reclaim, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: