Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:30:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what wallet can you recommend?  (Read 18824 times)
supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:07:54 PM

Hi there,

i'm quite unsure about where to save my btc and eth. personally as i travel a lot i will have difficulties using a hardware-wallet, so i was thinking of a kind of mobile version. is there anything you could recommend?

I would like to recommend Coinbase wallet which is Mobile version and which also secure and easy to use.
unknown-user

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:08:26 PM

Hi there,

i'm quite unsure about where to save my btc and eth. personally as i travel a lot i will have difficulties using a hardware-wallet, so i was thinking of a kind of mobile version. is there anything you could recommend?
I am not sure about etherium since I am only storing Bitcoin. I am using an online application called coins from playstore. I am suggesting it since I find it useful. It allows me to cobvert my Bitcoin to fiat whenever I want to and to put it back. I can also monitor the market price of Bitcoin with this app and also allows me to cash out my bitcoin.

genology

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:08:41 PM

Im using coins.ph here since it is user friendly. Try researching online on what's available on your country. Try looking for an ewallet that gives realtime update on bitcoin and has many partner establishments so that you can easily cash in and out.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:13:26 PM

For mobile wallet, i suggest you to use Coinomi wallet, and a great point is you can sign in and verify message using this wallet.
For wallet with support ERC20, you can use MEW (Myetherwallet) for sure
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:19:13 PM

Hi there,

If you are using smart phone, i would recommend blockchain.info for your bitcoin storage purpose as this wallet is very secure and you need not to provide documents for verification like coinbase and others. For ethereum, you can use myetherwallet.com, this wallet works client-side thus not able to read your private keys and you can also use myetherwallet to receive all ERC20 tokens
Pompa

Activity: 297

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:21:20 PM

I would recommend wallet  and I'm using it is coins.pH and for sure this wallet is very friendly and easy to use it I think is very secured so I'm only one recommend this wallet coins.pH easy to cash out
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:21:43 PM

All wallet are nice, but it depends on you if what wallet will you want to chose, there are many wallets you can chose if you want.
In current situation is majority of the hackers are increasing in digital market. So we should safe our wallet account. Different types of wallets are available in the market. We should choose the best secured wallet because some online wallets are not safe. Paper wallets are best secured and easy to access in anywhere in anytime.
I don't really think that paper wallets are so easy to access or use... If your PC is connected to the internet, you can't be 100% sure (if you don't need 100% then paper wallet is OK) that you are the only one who see the private key when you enter it into your web/desktop wallets when you are about to spend some bitcoins from the paper wallet. Also, when you have spent some of your bitcoins from a paper wallet, it's safer to move the rest to another paper wallet, just to be on the safe side. This is valid for bitcoin and ethereum too. Paper wallets are really handy to store but when it's about spending, it becomes complicated if you care about security.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:23:40 PM

Absolutely do not use an online wallet because you can experience connection problems at any time. Also remember, no purses that do not own the private key belong to you. For this reason, the private key is your own key. Can be anything in the Crypto money world, but if you have a wallet of your own, you will be away from all kinds of danger.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ycoin123

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:25:16 PM

Hi there,

i'm a newbie,please let me know about the wallet descriptions,is something coming up in 2018
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:25:26 PM

Hi there,

Hey,

I recommend BTC use coinmotion. Its Finnish like F-secure. Grin

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:49:45 PM

Hi there,

I would personally recommend blockchain.info which will suit you fine if you do a lot of traveling. Just make sure you set up all the security features it offers you. Write your recovery seed down and keep it safe, have a 2-factor authentication log in set up, have a second password and require email verification on log in. If you have all these set up correctly then your wallet is very safe and is arguably safer than a lot of standard desktop wallets. You can also either log in via the site or phone app, and if you log in via the app you can also use fingerprint log in if your phone supports it. Both desktop site and the app are very simple to use and are basically like Paypal for bitcoin. It also supports eth as well. Alternatively, you could also just keep your money on an exchange but I would only recommend this for short periods of time and not long term unless you're actively trading.

Hi there,

yes they have a lether trezor and ledger wallet, its like a flash drive you dont need a private key to open your wallet in myetherwallet.com

Do you guys even read what you're responding to? He said they might have difficulties with a hardware wallet.
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:51:28 PM

If you are always traveling and accessing your bitcoin in your mobile mycelium will be a good choice its a very simple app but very trusted you can always import new private keys or connect to your hardware wallet, for storing ether using mew is also a good choice Im using it for months and no problems encountered.
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 02:56:08 PM

Hi there,

I too faced your situation. I  keep my eth on myetherwallet , thats a perfect wallet to keep eth. Private key is with us so its safe.

For bitcoin you can use coinbase. Its a vital one. Highly secured one

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:04:24 PM

Hi there,

If you don't want to store your Bitcoins in a hardware wallet Electrum (desktop) is the best since it support segwit (will not recommend mobile version because I experienced some bugs), but since you want a mobile Bitcoin wallet then I would recommend using Mycelium app for storing your Bitcoin it gives you a phrase to recover your Bitcoin and import it to other wallet that supports importing recovery phrase and will recommend MyEtherWallet for storing your Ethereum and erc-20 tokens, it is a web wallet but still one of the best if you don't want to use a hardware wallet because here you have the full control of your private key.
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:07:49 PM

in my opinion the best wallet is in myetherwallet because at myetherwallet.com almost already can accommodate all altcoin and support almost all coin.
ratiobitcoin (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:22:56 PM

Hi there,

could recommend? we mean web wallet ?

so you want web wallet support bitcoin and ether, software and have mobile version for newbie : blockchain.info is best for you.
thats somehow what i had in mind, thank you.

Hi there,

I would personally recommend blockchain.info which will suit you fine if you do a lot of traveling. Just make sure you set up all the security features it offers you. Write your recovery seed down and keep it safe, have a 2-factor authentication log in set up, have a second password and require email verification on log in. If you have all these set up correctly then your wallet is very safe and is arguably safer than a lot of standard desktop wallets. You can also either log in via the site or phone app, and if you log in via the app you can also use fingerprint log in if your phone supports it. Both desktop site and the app are very simple to use and are basically like Paypal for bitcoin. It also supports eth as well. Alternatively, you could also just keep your money on an exchange but I would only recommend this for short periods of time and not long term unless you're actively trading.

Hi there,

yes they have a lether trezor and ledger wallet, its like a flash drive you dont need a private key to open your wallet in myetherwallet.com

Do you guys even read what you're responding to? He said they might have difficulties with a hardware wallet.

best post so far, thank you.

Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:30:34 PM

so far also i only use bitcoin wallet and eth wallet, i do not know how strong security in this wallet so i do not recommend any wallet,
ian.arigo

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:51:26 PM

For me the wallet that I can recommend specially in my country which is the philippines is Coins.Ph.This wallet is secure and more convenient to use.You can pay you bills and also you can be able to get rebate everytime you pay.Also you can send money  without any fees and it is so amazing.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:58:27 PM

Jaxx is my first one and I like it but i am also aware that it can be hacked because the
pass phrase can be read from file and decoded but you can switch your MicroSD card
on an android device and run it from a spare card and swap back to another card
when not using it.

Sure is cheaper than a hardware wallet and it also come with shapesift built in
so you can covert say from BTC to BTG or ETH

I like it for day to day use and anything is better than Coinbase in my book

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2604
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:03:17 PM

if you want to save both in 1 wallet maybe coinbase is good to pick because now they support to save ETH too, with 2fa and other security setting. it is already good to use

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: