Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:40:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: j-Coin information thread  (Read 30803 times)
seqa

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:51:35 AM

watching
oroqen

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:53:34 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2013, 11:34:41 AM by oroqen

YAC isn't GPU resistant, so how is your clone going to change that and for how long before someone modifys one as in the case with YAC.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:57:21 AM

Huh
bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:22:42 PM

How can you be sure if your jcoins are (and will be) GPU resistant? (math proof, computational evidences...what?)
Litecoin also meant to be a gpu-resistant, but it didn't remain so. You should try to explain how yours won't be so.
Fablio2

Activity: 464
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:38:46 PM

I think that the "only processor" currency is not good, because botnet owners will receive a lot of coins (and they will dump). At the same time, there is no botnet with a lot of graphics cards.
Best option: only the processors first time, but in month maximum -  appearance of GPU-mining.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 12:45:45 PM

First mass-produce ASICs for your new coin, dirt cheap USB miners $5 each or something.

Only once those are ready to ship is vast quantities release the coin they are to mine.

Or, separate distribution of the coins from securing the ledger/transactions, such as by using Ripple (once it becomes open source) method to secure it and the kind of "CPU mining" described at http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=cpu_mining to distribute the initial full number of coins ever to be minted.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
HabbyGab

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

I do not support TIX Tickets.

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:20:49 PM

Hyped
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:40:18 PM

Finally a decent altcoin.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
DogtownHero (OP)

Activity: 70

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:17:42 PM

I think that the "only processor" currency is not good, because botnet owners will receive a lot of coins (and they will dump). At the same time, there is no botnet with a lot of graphics cards.
Best option: only the processors first time, but in month maximum -  appearance of GPU-mining.

That is a good point Fablio. essentially the main reason i decided to work with YAC over the more recent QRK. plus i really like the stake features of YAC, but i can't tell if they are just remnants of PPCOIN code(looks like it to me) or what the deal is with that. Everyone else, i will be answering your questions in due time. I must be on my way. Got a yard to mow and some data to review later. if every thing goes to plan i should switch from testnet over to mainnet this evening and release the coin. I plan on doing what kimoto did and making only the binary available initially... worked out good for MEC, don't see what it could hurt really. For simplicity sake, i will be providing 3 downloads:

- windows installer package( created with click team installer)
- example conf file
- zipped binaries for those who don't trust the installer package.

qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:41:27 PM

That is a good point Fablio. essentially the main reason i decided to work with YAC over the more recent QRK. plus i really like the stake features of YAC, but i can't tell if they are just remnants of PPCOIN code(looks like it to me) or what the deal is with that. Everyone else, i will be answering your questions in due time. I must be on my way. Got a yard to mow and some data to review later. if every thing goes to plan i should switch from testnet over to mainnet this evening and release the coin. I plan on doing what kimoto did and making only the binary available initially... worked out good for MEC, don't see what it could hurt really. For simplicity sake, i will be providing 3 downloads:

- example conf file
and the approximate release date of the coin, because I have a midnight yard
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:55:52 PM

Pfff.... Botnets want to make money just like anyone else.  Therefore, they won't be fools and just dump it.  They will hold for profit like anyone else.

Thus, your argument doesn't seem to hold water.

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:58:35 PM

- example conf file

This is starting to suck really hard.

Two big errors.

1) Releasing binary only - Booo.... MAN we need to review the source!
2) No linux binary?  - Booo.... If so, then that would essentially be a windows premine.

I hope you reconsider and do the right thing.

tytanick
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:00:56 PM

Two big errors.

2) No linux binary?  - Booo.... If so, then that would essentially be a windows premine.

xibeijan is right !
if for some reason you dont want to release sources, at least build linux sources - i can help with that

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:48:24 PM

Two big errors.

2) No linux binary?  - Booo.... If so, then that would essentially be a windows premine.

xibeijan is right !
if for some reason you dont want to release sources, at least build linux sources - i can help with that

yes, i am looking for someone trustworthy to compile for linux.

if no one is found,  i want to wait a week before releasing the sources, or atleast long enough for the network to be secured. i'm really worried about the source falling into the wrong hands. it's ok if i have to delay the release a few days while you figure out how to compile it. you have a high activity count, but i can't base my trust of you solely on that. if you could perhaps get a mod or highly respected/trusted member to vouch for you, i would feel alot better about sending you the sources.

also, while we are on the subject, could you possibly crosscompile for mac, and if not, is their anyone else here who can/would be willing?

hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:51:40 PM

yes, i am looking for someone trustworthy to compile for linux. i want to wait a week before releasing the sources, or atleast long enough for the network to be secured. i'm really worried about the source falling into the wrong hands.

FoldingTime

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:54:56 PM

Two big errors.

2) No linux binary?  - Booo.... If so, then that would essentially be a windows premine.

xibeijan is right !

if no one is found,  i want to wait a week before releasing the sources, or atleast long enough for the network to be secured. i'm really worried about the source falling into the wrong hands. it's ok if i have to delay the release a few days while you figure out how to compile it. you have a high activity count, but i can't base my trust of you solely on that. if you could perhaps get a mod or highly respected/trusted member to vouch for you, i would feel alot better about sending you the sources.

also, while we are on the subject, could you possibly crosscompile for mac, and if not, is their anyone else here who can/would be willing?

How is anyone to trust your software without releasing the source code?

Have you something to hide?
DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:55:34 PM

updating main post to reflect changes, disclose premine information, announce bounties.

DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:57:36 PM

Two big errors.

xibeijan is right !

I hear what your saying, but there is nothing malicious in the code.  Kimoto didn't release the MEC sources, which is a smart move. prevents network from being vulnerable early on. if no one has the sources they can't alter the code and destroy it, and i like that.

hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:59:45 PM

I hear what your saying, but there is nothing malicious in the code.  Kimoto didn't release the MEC sources, which is a smart move. prevents network from being vulnerable early on. if no one has the sources they can't alter the code and destroy it, and i like that.

elements

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:04:17 PM

- example conf file

Two big errors.

3) NO MAC Wallet

Why do you think it is a fair start for EVERYONE if new coins either only has a Win wallet or a Linux wallet or both of them.
Take SPT for example they start with all three majors OS.

If I was able to create a coin you could be sure that I'd never start before being fully prepared.

(no whitepaper, no source analysis, no builds for all three OS, no website, list goes on and on)

Why do you even release. This will be another one of those coins which will shoot up for 72 hrs and then die.

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: