Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:07:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCT.CO] [IPO-cancelled] BTCGARDEN MINER---Eyes to the horizon  (Read 197989 times)
skitchen

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:56:46 PM

I received my refund, very prompt - I appreciate it.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:59:57 PM

Not really, they are still going to do the project on their own, they are VERY well funded already. Their IPO's main purpose was really marketing for their upcoming hardware sale.

Thanks for that info, I didn't know anything about this hardware - didn't know they had any for retail. Does this make you part of the marketing campaign as well then?
stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:47:18 PM

thank you for resolving this so quickly

I was very skeptical
wss999

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 01:47:55 AM

Anyone else find this incredibly ironic?

https://i.imgur.com/wtUnCkf.png

It goes to show that even though BTC Garden lost a bunch of funds on this project, they were willing to put investors first above their own interests.

+1.. This action definitely makes me trust them more if they were ever coming back for some other ipo (probably never going to happen of course).
aiwill (OP)

Activity: 104

btcman.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 03:33:18 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 04:02:25 AM by aiwill

hello everyone ,we sent 32080 btc to burnside last night and now it has already been finished,thank you all.

our project is running well and most likely we will show our chips in the mid of Sep,nothing has been changed so far.Due to the shortage of fund, we might sell our 1st gen chips in future,anyone would like to be our reseller(experienced) please message me with your info.(suggestions are also very welcome)
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:35:18 AM

It goes to show that even though BTC Garden lost a bunch of funds on this project, they were willing to put investors first above their own interests.

+1.. This action definitely makes me trust them more if they were ever coming back for some other ipo (probably never going to happen of course).

Horizon too far
We will never arrive there
Our dream comes to end
aiwill (OP)

btcman.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 04:04:54 AM

Horizon too far
We will never arrive there
Our dream comes to end

it does not come to end
we just need time to come back to this mode.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:55:22 AM

hello everyone ,we sent 32080 btc to burnside last night and now it has already been finished,thank you all.

our project is running well and most likely we will show our chips in the mid of Sep,nothing has been changed so far.Due to the shortage of fund, we might sell our 1st gen chips in future,anyone would like to be our reseller(experienced) please message me with your info.(suggestions are also very welcome)

I'm very confused. Your project is "running well" yet you just cancelled an IPO (which cost everyone a lot of time) because of being extorted.

I don't see how anyone will have confidence in you short term. I invested in the IPO when I could have gotten AM shares 15% cheaper than they are now.

I certainly won't be investing again. Once bitten, twice shy, sorry.
aiwill (OP)

btcman.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 06:53:57 AM

I'm very confused. Your project is "running well" yet you just cancelled an IPO (which cost everyone a lot of time) because of being extorted.

I don't see how anyone will have confidence in you short term. I invested in the IPO when I could have gotten AM shares 15% cheaper than they are now.

Again,sry for wasting your time and trust.

But in an environment that even google&youtube are illegal,to ensure the safety of our staffs( i.e.your coins)is indeed a priority.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:05:21 AM

But in an environment that even google&youtube are illegal,to ensure the safety of our staffs( i.e.your coins)is indeed a priority.

Oh don't listen to him. You would find plenty of support if you find a safer place to setup shop and still wish to include the community.
solreader

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:13:56 AM

It's so regretful to see BTCGardon cancels the IPO, I wish this problem won't stop your plans.
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 11:48:00 AM

Aiwii, would like to know about if GARDEN is planning on setting up "business" or whatever in another jurisdiction just to prevent some jerk like E_ANDY trolling around and ending up having the IPO or other things screwed up. Also, are you planning on re-IPO after your setting up in a new location, if successful

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
aiwill (OP)

btcman.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 02:12:49 PM

Aiwii, would like to know about if GARDEN is planning on setting up "business" or whatever in another jurisdiction just to prevent some jerk like E_ANDY trolling around and ending up having the IPO or other things screwed up. Also, are you planning on re-IPO after your setting up in a new location, if successful

hello

yes. just as I said before, It has always been my wish to involve the community to our biz. I will try to build it up oversea and then re-do what we should, but we still need time.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:01:25 PM

So are we going to let this bite the dust? Yes, we probably are all happy to even see all of our BTCs returned but what happened stinks. That story seems to be like they didnt even try to make a good excuse. And what, you didnt think that was an option before you raised 36k Bitcoins ? And how were these bitcoins just sitting somewhere in wallet just like that doing nothing for 2 weeks when there was all the fuzz about how fast you need to raise this IPO to begin with all your plans?
As I see it (from the talk about how you are continuing with your plans just without IPO money) there could easily be some big private investor and you just cut people from IPO as it would be easier and probably benefits you more. And that probably is some sort of breach contract therefore OP should be wearing SCAMMER TAG.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:22:07 PM

So are we going to let this bite the dust? Yes, we probably are all happy to even see all of our BTCs returned but what happened stinks. That story seems to be like they didnt even try to make a good excuse. And what, you didnt think that was an option before you raised 36k Bitcoins ? And how were these bitcoins just sitting somewhere in wallet just like that doing nothing for 2 weeks when there was all the fuzz about how fast you need to raise this IPO to begin with all your plans?
As I see it (from the talk about how you are continuing with your plans just without IPO money) there could easily be some big private investor and you just cut people from IPO as it would be easier and probably benefits you more. And that probably is some sort of breach contract therefore OP should be wearing SCAMMER TAG.

If you have concrete proof of what you claim actually happened, then he should. Otherwise no.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:34:23 PM

If you have concrete proof of what you claim actually happened, then he should. Otherwise no.

They had a contingency plan but chose not to use it. He doesn't deserve a scammer tag.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 09:05:08 PM

lol bitcoiners...

give back 35,000 BTC = people call you a scammer.

I love you guys.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:28:30 PM

lol bitcoiners...

I love you guys.

So in real world, if you lend me 3,5  million dollars for some business that I later cancel due to some random made up story and return your money after doing whoever knows what for that time, Iam not a scammer?
Also Iam pretty sure they tossed word "guaranteed" on their contract with some 2x of your investment if I remember correctly
boyohi

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:06:52 PM

lol bitcoiners...

I love you guys.

So in real world, if you lend me 3,5  million dollars for some business that I later cancel due to some random made up story and return your money after doing whoever knows what for that time, Iam not a scammer?
Also Iam pretty sure they tossed word "guaranteed" on their contract with some 2x of your investment if I remember correctly

Scammer only if keep money. For your example it would be an ideal outcome if you were able to get your money back. Most of the time that can't happen because the money would be spent and you'll have to take back what he owes through selling assets and it will always be a lost.

For garden we put in IPO and we get back IPO. Only person that benefit is the person that runs the exchange (fees). Everyone that hurt are spectaculars that wanted to turn a quick buck.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 10:40:01 PM

lol bitcoiners...

I love you guys.

So in real world, if you lend me 3,5  million dollars for some business that I later cancel due to some random made up story and return your money after doing whoever knows what for that time, Iam not a scammer?

It depends on the situation - but this was only a short period of time, a couple weeks. If it had been for a year or two and involved real equity there would certainly be a lot of questions raised.

But stock transaction reversals, glitches, and other things to happen on the "real" stock market as well, it's not just bitcoin.

___

Now, that doesn't mean I don't think it's quite fishy.  I do.  But even if this were a "real world" situation, I don't think anyone would be charged with any kind of crime... and it would actually probably take a lot longer to get your money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: