Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:33:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Loss Trading  (Read 2360 times)
Howard1102

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:59:27 PM

You must use Stop loss for each trade.

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb
I do not use the stop loss when trading. Sure the coins will rebound as prices rise so we should hold without having to use stop loss
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Premooooo

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:50:12 AM

The bitcoin price has fallen far too much, so it's also a big loss of money I think I've been knocking down the price last week but now it goes down big and big that I've got a lot of money so it's normal to lose trading in my perspective.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:59:45 AM

You must use Stop loss for each trade.

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb
I do not use the stop loss when trading. Sure the coins will rebound as prices rise so we should hold without having to use stop loss
Yeah restraining is the right thing to stop the losses, but not infrequently holding back just to multiply losses?
if you want to hold back, make sure that you buy and hold a coin that still has the potential to recover like bitcoin
Wong owah

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:42:28 AM

now we have to choose stop for trading, because the market price again decreases, if we continue to trade we would lose much, and also if you want to trade should wait for market prices to improve
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:44:55 AM

stop loss is done if making a purchase at a price that is too high. important to do to reduce losses, because if you do not stop loss then the more losses will be
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:56:30 AM

ricseb
You need to have a foresight to put stop losses in the trade. Beside that, you have to make sure your profit target is one day or one month, do not be too greedy. Most traders because of greed suffered huge losses. Make plans and goals, you will work more effectively.
Huy Mai

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:07:25 AM

Stoploss is a must for trading! Newbies tend to forget this command, but you have to remember putting stoploss on every orders you have.
Trust me, I have lose quite a lot because I did not use stoploss for my trading orders. We can lose 3-5% for stoploss, but without stoploss we can lose around 10-20%.
For example, you bought bitcoin at 18k, but you did not put stoploss at 17k5. Now bitcoin is 6k.... Think about this case guy Smiley
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:22:26 AM

You won't always gain. So stop lose is very useful. Usually is 10% to 20% but I use 15%.

Yes i agree, always determine your stop loss placement before determining your position size, your stop loss placement  should be determined  by logic not by greed means that you should not purposely  put a small stop loss on a trade just because you want to trade a big position size, many traders do this and and it basically like setting yourself up for a Loss before the trade even starts.
megumineth

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:06:00 AM

In my opinion, always put stop loss in trading, no one know the future, even your analysis might follow trend, chart, ... If not, you could lose everything
BariaczRoni

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:13:19 AM

It is important that the loss lies in your ability. You can stop loss 10 - 20%. Do not rush and let your emotions interfere with trading. After the stop you will gain experience for the next trading
entebah

Activity: 1548
Merit: 153

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:01:37 AM

I also started to doubt with HOLD, this is too long and very boring.
I started thinking for stop loss this is another way to save our assets.
unless you are confident to keep HOLD. Cool

Wall_Streeet

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:55:30 AM

for cryptocurrency, you can use stop loss of about 10 to 20%. this is optimal for medium-term trading and 5-10% for day trading
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:15:32 AM

Yes you should use stop loss whenever you bought coin, even you have to use it when you want to hold the coin for long term because crypto has high fluctuacion and we dont know where is the bottom. I have seen some token is going down to more than 1/10 , so its very big risk trade without use any stop loss.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
quynhtrang666

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:49:20 AM

ricseb

To minimize losses you must first know the stop loss order for your transaction. And then you should look into the market and learn patience
DonHodler

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:51:44 AM

Nice thread, loads of useful trading info!

Thanks frens!
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:10:52 AM

ricseb
Yes, it is really the best to use stop loss, because stop loss doesn't mean it is over, you are setting stop loss to recover your loss, or not to loss any bigger. Once the stop loss hit, you should do quick trade to get the loss back, just don't be greedy.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:28:19 AM

Losing money in trading is normal. They don't have any strategy or anything to stop losing. Even the old traders even they have a lot of enough knowledge is losing money if the coin that they hold our dump like me not always I earn sometimes I lost but not always because I careful of what Im doing.
Sakash

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:30:05 AM

In the midst of trade you are both Los and Profit. Still, the strategy to stop losses on the trade is to apply. In my opinion, the coins which are less profitable are not lost. Make more trade of these coins.Selling coins at lower prices and selling them as soon as possible. If there is hope for higher profits then there is possibility of loss after the price decreases.
m_f_o_c

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:14:50 PM

And for what purpose are you interested? Do you want to be taught how to set the stop loss correctly? I can consult you if you have any questions about this topic.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:08:39 PM

ricseb

The only way for you to avoid losing more coins when the market prices are dumping is to hold your coins or you can invest even more in order to earn more profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: