Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Loss Trading  (Read 2360 times)
Shushale65

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:18:39 PM

What exactly are you interested in? If you are a day trader, then for you it is more correct to put Stop Loss no more than 0.5% of your deposit (meaning in points).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaci

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:59:59 PM

Stop lose trading is more useful when we use to take profit as well. I can recommend 35%-40% to stop lose and for taking profit, it is 50%-60%. If you are not able to look in your trading screen then only can use this. But I think it is useless when you have time to the look at your trading screen because we can sell our position or active trade at any time before the last time started.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:12:54 PM

Stop lose trading is more useful when we use to take profit as well. I can recommend 35%-40% to stop lose and for taking profit, it is 50%-60%. If you are not able to look in your trading screen then only can use this. But I think it is useless when you have time to the look at your trading screen because we can sell our position or active trade at any time before the last time started.

When you do actively trades then setting up stop losses and take profits wont really be needed yet you do able to see out the current situation or price movements but if you are away from your pc then setting out stop losses will be needed. Risk factor of 35-40% of your capital is too big but well setting out will be depending on how much you would willing to risk out and each person do have different risk management or handing with their own capitals.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:13:49 PM

Trading without a stop loss is like skydiving without a parachute... you should always protect yourself against extreme events. Granted, it doesn't have to be a tight stop loss (in fact, a lot of the successful trades I've had are ones that initially go against me for some time) but it should still be there to avoid total loss.

Imagine if you had a position worth $1,000 and you wake up tomorrow to find it at $24. Where if there had been a stop loss, that loss could have been limited to, say $200.

Where to put stop losses? It's part trial and error, part strategy. Fibonacci levels are good to watch as the market most often obeys them, or at least recognizes them.
supporterb

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:22:13 PM

I use stop loss on my mid term trading to be safe from big losses. All time I use stop loss with 10%.
coinscircle

Activity: 202

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:27:25 PM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb
You can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and bitcoin prices have been increasing steadily over the past few days, but it can be seen that the market is still bearish and therefore the bitcoin price may decrease at any time. . Therefore, when trading you always have to stoploss in the plan to be able to zone the risk, and limit the damage.
tatum506

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:28:59 PM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb
Stoploss in the transaction is indispensable, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and very hard to guess, bitcoin prices though are constantly rising but may decrease at any time. And according to my experience, the reduction of bitcoin is very fast, causing us to lose heavily if we do not cut losses.
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:25:25 PM

You must use Stop loss for each trade.

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

Indeed, I put a stop loss of 10%-20% on every trade I encountered because when bitcoin pumps hard all the altcoins will surely dump and takes time to recover or or even not. Its better to put some stop loss than to wait forever to pump back the coin you bought.

I never tried it but i think,  it is highly needed to make a limitations and cut the loss whatever happens during with our unguarded moments in trading.  Bitcoin price is unpredictable and it is more safe to put a stop loss.

destiny100%

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:32:58 PM

Trading losses is a normal investment. You just need to persevere and learn a lot about investing, one day you will get back what was lost. Try to persist in learning more about technical analysis.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:19:24 AM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

Indeed, I put a stop loss of 10%-20% on every trade I encountered because when bitcoin pumps hard all the altcoins will surely dump and takes time to recover or or even not. Its better to put some stop loss than to wait forever to pump back the coin you bought.

I never tried it but i think,  it is highly needed to make a limitations and cut the loss whatever happens during with our unguarded moments in trading.  Bitcoin price is unpredictable and it is more safe to put a stop loss.
Yes I agree on that, I believe that trading without lossing is quit impossible due to the amazing price of bitcoin that is really unpredictable. If we are going to trade we need to considered things that can possibly happen on the trading feild. Because. Sometimes in crypto we really have some losses first before we can earn a huge amount of profit.
kumala_abi

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:40:29 AM

ricseb

Yes I agree on that, I believe that trading without lossing is quit impossible due to the amazing price of bitcoin that is really unpredictable. If we are going to trade we need to considered things that can possibly happen on the trading feild. Because. Sometimes in crypto we really have some losses first before we can earn a huge amount of profit.
our loss could be best experience to get better result in future.no one can avoid their losses, even an expert ever felt this.if we can take this lesson and prepare our self with analize skill we wil get succes in our trading.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:50:23 AM

Stop loss are really very important in trades whether you are in for long term or short term. Stop losses help you from getting completely rekt which is a very common happening in such a volatile market. Try to decide your stop loss according to past volatility trends. If you tackling with a very high volatility coin, go for a loose stop loss else a tight one. This you have to judge according to your investment.
Many people think that stop loss is cutlose. whereas cutlose is not always good. I prefer to be patient rather than cutlose. I know there are many investors who stop losses by selling at a price of $6900 some time ago for fear of losing too much. but patience can be better
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:46:20 AM

Lossing is a part of the traders life. So then if we didn't wanted to loss maybe wee shoild find another job and stop on crypto. We can normally loss in crypto sometimes due to its unstable market which can lead as all to make some more panic decision. However everything depends on our own decision as well.

websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:09:23 AM

ricseb

You cannot stop your loss on trading but you can still get back the coins you have lost because you can still continue trading in order to multiply your coins.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
tung06081989

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:06:38 AM

I think many trader overuse stop loss in trading. When using stop loss that means your trading is invalid. It is not a tool to protect your asset, like many trader mistake. When you cut loss at 10-20%, it is quite fast and early, and the fact that the market has been to stop loss and rebound. With different trading, you have to use different cut loss point.  Based on market volatility, you should set your cut loss point near or far to your buy in price.
itscomplicated

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:24:16 AM

I started scalp trading strategy for quite some time now,
and I think setting a 2-3% stop loss is a great idea.
Daimon88

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:47:20 AM

to be able to stop losses in trading you seem to need expertise and can control your patience so you will not get the loss again because if you can not control your patience then I am sure you will only get a lot of losses.
That is not a tough job I would say because you have the resources available to research and explore about the crypto currencies whatever you want to. You have to read research papers coming out of leading universities like MIT and Stanford and have to have the market exposure and the calm mind. Your idea is the important fuel that will drive you forward and the more you spend time in solving the knots in your business, the more wise you gets as a trader.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:48:39 AM

from YouTube bloggers can advise Gerchik, from the literature I can recommend books by Edwin Lefevr " Memories of a stock speculator"
If you are not doing well in trading then there is no need to continue or there is no restriction on you to continue your trading. You can stop trading for some time to start earning about it first because the loss indicates that your knowledge is limited. The solution for your loss in trading is to learn to get knowledge about it after which you will be able to have a good with it.
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:35:37 PM

Lossing is a part of the traders life. So then if we didn't wanted to loss maybe wee shoild find another job and stop on crypto. We can normally loss in crypto sometimes due to its unstable market which can lead as all to make some more panic decision. However everything depends on our own decision as well.

Excellent point. Loss aversion is why so many people fail at trading. It basically means a refusal to admit when you are wrong. I've seen myself do this many times. I've taken a trade and then looked back at it later and asked myself "what in the hell was I thinking?"

Part of it comes from being patient as well, on the other side of things. You may have a losing position, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are losing. Holding onto the position during tough times is also a critical attribute of a trader as there can be a valid reason to keep going. Having conviction at the right times is important.
glorybtc

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:37:55 PM

I think stop loss is a bad choice in trading, with stop loss we will incur losses, I never use stop loss in trading crypto, because if I think loss, I will hodl it until getting profit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: