Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:15:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Loss Trading  (Read 2360 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:14:25 PM

Learning to use stop-loss is very important, because stop-loss minimize our loss. 2-5% for day trade is great
It is strictly important and what people do not understand is that while using the stop loss, you stand a chance to enter at a better position lower than just holding through. However, the challenge I have seen with some newbie traders is that they do not even have an idea on how to trade, let alone, know where they want to be placing their stop loss when stop losses is part of trading as much as buying and selling.

Stop loss however is dependent on each trader's strategy which makes each trader to have the best position for their own stop loss, but like I said, it comes with knowledge.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:54:12 PM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

Whenever I think the market may be down Then I gave stop loss.When the Bitcoin is pumping, the altcoins are likely to be dumping.Altcoins are pump when bitcoin stable.Stop loss will generally use 10%-15%.
Placing of stop loss is the ability to identify support and resistances. It is normal for coins or tokens to bounce from a support and show some reversal sign or price action to buy at that support, but below that support is where anyone wants to be stopping loss as that gives it more room to go try the next one just in case it breaks the previous one. Nothing is certain in the market and that is where the stop loss comes in handy most of the time.
Stop loss is normally been placed on below supports but the nature of crypto when it comes to volatility it can anytime break out supports and pass through or pierce your stoploss where it would really be already considered as loss unlike on not setting any stop losses it sounds too risky but this is an advantage on my side.You can still have chances to recover but well it depends on a certain trader if he would put stop loss on all of his trades or not.As long you do know how to point out support and resistances then its good.

TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 08:38:28 PM

If you dont want to loose to much is better to use such features cryto-trading is half way risky so you can just bee gaining one minute and the next you loose everything

AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 09:23:35 PM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

Even though you had brought a bitcoin at high price.It doesn't mean,you are going to lose your money.You had one option for the escape.You have to hold till the price of holding bitcoin is lesser than the price of brought bitcoin.This is only option to evaluate from the loss.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:03:07 PM

I think learning how to properly set a stop loss, and stop limit are absolutely fundamental to being a good trader, and not being left holding bags that nobody wants. If you're thinking about trading, and have never heard of these terms, then start researching now as it will save you from losing a lot of money if you accidentally buy into a pumped coin or the market completely dips.
Furious 7

Activity: 2856
Merit: 644

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:14:01 PM

Stop loss is a good strategy right now, all traders must have the analysis to do it.
But if I go deeper I think should do buy back and wait a while to sell.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
collins3

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:37:30 PM

ricseb
I believe that stoploss is a must in any trading plan as long as the market is bearish and bitcoin prices can drop sharply at any time. Stoploss will help you to delineate the risk and minimize losses when the transaction fails, so this is indispensable. According to my analysis, bitcoin prices will probably continue to fall sharply and will probably hit $ 5300 mark in the coming days.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:01:02 AM

ricseb

If you want to stop loss on trading then just hold your coins for today and wait for the price in the market to pump up again, in this way you will avoid losing more of your coins since the market prices are still dumping.
That is not stop loss, which is just simply HODL. Stop loss is a different ball game entirely for traders. As an investor, you are simply looking at the long term prospect and care less about the current fluctuation but as a trader, you are taking advantage of the fluctuation which makes such a person totally in need of stop loss most of the time.

Believing analysis 100% of the time for a trader is not the right thing to do, which is why it is necessary to always use a break in support most of the time as a stop loss as market can still reverse downward even when there is a change in trend signal to the upper side.
Camorra Dev

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:47:33 AM

ricseb

Stop loss can be really helpful in some cases, but, as far as I know not every exchanges are allowing traders to use stop loss function. And not all of them are providing this service after all...
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:00:24 AM

ricseb

A wise trader puts his stop at a level where he has to assume that the trend is going to be broken ,it is also important not to set the stop loss too tight, as the current volatility could execute it without reason,a price has to have the opportunity  to move around the entry within a certain range,  this will often be right but sometimes not,when having been stopped out  ,you always have an opportunity to go back in,
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:38:54 AM

ricseb

Whenever I think the market may be down Then I gave stop loss.When the Bitcoin is pumping, the altcoins are likely to be dumping.Altcoins are pump when bitcoin stable.Stop loss will generally use 10%-15%.
Placing of stop loss is the ability to identify support and resistances. It is normal for coins or tokens to bounce from a support and show some reversal sign or price action to buy at that support, but below that support is where anyone wants to be stopping loss as that gives it more room to go try the next one just in case it breaks the previous one. Nothing is certain in the market and that is where the stop loss comes in handy most of the time.
Stop loss is normally been placed on below supports but the nature of crypto when it comes to volatility it can anytime break out supports and pass through or pierce your stoploss where it would really be already considered as loss unlike on not setting any stop losses it sounds too risky but this is an advantage on my side.You can still have chances to recover but well it depends on a certain trader if he would put stop loss on all of his trades or not.As long you do know how to point out support and resistances then its good.

That's why stop-losses in their strict meaning (as automatic triggers) are mostly useless in the cryptomarket. Please note that it doesn't mean that they are useless as such since in established markets like commodities (oil, gold, etc) they come in quite handy. But with crypto, they should be used sparingly and definitely not in the way they are used elsewhere, i.e. as automatic triggers for closing a position if price falls down to a certain level (or climbs up if you are shorting). If used in this manner, here, in crypto, their mindless, thoughtless use will likely only add to your losses. Then again, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't close your losing positions if things get out of hand as I already explained in my post above.
mey466

Activity: 368

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:54:16 AM

very easy to stay away from losses you must be smart to read the market movement when it's time to buy and sell and not to sell below the price you buy
arida_ds

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:01:46 PM

Look at the lessons of trading in traditional financial markets and there you will be told in detail what options for using stop-loss exist. In the crypto-currency topic, not so much information is useful.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
Amajaa

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 12:35:22 PM

Monitor the market for me my personal strat i just buy low sell set on high then roll over and over again i dont do scalping often for in this method i always end up losing than gaining.. Or you can do arbitrage too selling/buying
token from one market to another for the're some intances the price of coin have big difference on different markets.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:07:45 PM

Stop loss is a good strategy right now, all traders must have the analysis to do it.
In fact, any trader that does not inculcate stop loss into his or her strategy still does not know what they are doing yet. As long as you have a strategy and there is something you look forward to before entering a market, it makes it easy for you to use that to set your stop loss below where your strategy comes to play as that shows the possibility of further drops.

Most of the time stop loss is as good as buying and selling in a market and you do not want to be caught in the middle of the point where you just have to wait for a very long time to see the market recover before eventually getting out when you could have used the fund to gain much better.
untugede

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:42:57 PM

In fact, any trader that does not inculcate stop loss into his or her strategy still does not know what they are doing yet. As long as you have a strategy and there is something you look forward to before entering a market, it makes it easy for you to use that to set your stop loss below where your strategy comes to play as that shows the possibility of further drops.

Most of the time stop loss is as good as buying and selling in a market and you do not want to be caught in the middle of the point where you just have to wait for a very long time to see the market recover before eventually getting out when you could have used the fund to gain much better.
that should be what people have to do, stop their losses and keep some of the coins they currently hold, and for example still have more money, no harm too eg they will buy them back for them to save in a period that may be a little bit long time, if the more we sell when the price drops, it will affect the price of coins will be lower again, because there will be many people who panic and sell some coins they hold.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
dangershadow

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:42:20 AM

When we are in a bear market I use a very tight stoploss. 3%
in bull - 8%.
It depends how much you can afford yo lose.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:20:05 AM

to be able to do stop loss trading like him you should always see the condition of the place of exchange and in my opinion it will make you lose because it sells bitcoin you have at cheap price so you better hold the coin you have only.
Camorra Dev

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:47:59 AM

I found stop loss very helpful for me, while I was trading HYDRO tokens, as far as I know the price is lower 5 x than it was when I have sold them, it is great!
Rexxxem

Activity: 368

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:17:27 AM

A lot of very profitable traders I know don't use stop losses at all. There are different strategies and different risk management. You can check this article it's very good https://medium.com/@cryptocreddy/5-stop-loss-mistakes-to-avoid-bea274857371
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: