Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:13:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Loss Trading  (Read 2360 times)
impulse709

Activity: 597
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:56:51 PM

With stop-loss, traders can easily cover their loss or profit. Most of traders success with stop-loss, but does it really a helpful tool? I dont think so, check the chart in these recently month and i found that the price always have a long candle with low volumn which enable stop-loss signal. This force traders to sell their coins and have to buy back with higher price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Theresachinyere

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:02:19 PM

it is very much important to use stop loss in trading. That is the only aspect of trading that a trader can control.
Maxpips

Activity: 200
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:33:13 PM

You really should not trade without a stop loss.

The amount of money at risk is the only thing you can control - as the guy above said - so to place it in control of the market, which is what you do when you trade without a stop, is highly risky, and could end very badly for you.

For investing, having a stop isn't as important, but it is still a good idea to have one placed well below the current price, just in case a sudden crash causes a big decline to take place.

Maxpips

Activity: 200
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:55:39 PM

Lossing is a part of the traders life. So then if we didn't wanted to loss maybe wee shoild find another job and stop on crypto. We can normally loss in crypto sometimes due to its unstable market which can lead as all to make some more panic decision. However everything depends on our own decision as well.

Excellent point. Loss aversion is why so many people fail at trading. It basically means a refusal to admit when you are wrong. I've seen myself do this many times. I've taken a trade and then looked back at it later and asked myself "what in the hell was I thinking?"

Part of it comes from being patient as well, on the other side of things. You may have a losing position, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are losing. Holding onto the position during tough times is also a critical attribute of a trader as there can be a valid reason to keep going. Having conviction at the right times is important.

This is another reason why a stop is so important; it forces you to commit to a position.

With no stop, there's nothing to 'stop' (mind the pun) you from holding onto a losing position, even when you know it's probably time to close and move on. I get what you're saying about having conviction though.
ShannonGarcia99

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:15:45 PM

Increasingly and on a larger scale, no one will be sure that stopping is justified. It is important that you have a plan for what to do next for the loss trading. It needs you to be really alert to analyze the market fluctuations to take the next logical step.
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:19:14 PM

What makes a trader, a professional trader, is his ability to cut his losses not making a perfect move everytime. A professional can't time all the trends on time and correctly. It is near to impossible. Technical analysis has its drawbacks and it can't stand everytime. But when to cut your losses help you in maximizing the profit. Stop loss plays an important role in that. When to put tight or lose stop loss depends upon the particular coin and whether there is a pump incoming or how parabolic is the growth trend. No one can generally talk about stop loss because every market situation needs different type of stop losses.
diger

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:19:55 PM

I have a friend who recently met.In the trade for more than 3 years (a trader in the stock market ) has Now come to the crypt, shows stable 20-30% per month .Stop Los it does not use ,from trades in short term .
diger

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:22:22 PM

What makes a trader, a professional trader, is his ability to cut his losses not making a perfect move everytime. A professional can't time all the trends on time and correctly. It is near to impossible. Technical analysis has its drawbacks and it can't stand everytime. But when to cut your losses help you in maximizing the profit. Stop loss plays an important role in that. When to put tight or lose stop loss depends upon the particular coin and whether there is a pump incoming or how parabolic is the growth trend. No one can generally talk about stop loss because every market situation needs different type of stop losses.
I agree,it is always with a cool head,and if something went wrong he could make the right decision.The problem is that whenever beginners cons they lose the head and put everything I can .
Gragal

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:38:59 AM

now we have to stop trading, because the price of bitcoin is not stable, I am waiting for the price of bitcoin to rise and also I will trade if the price of bitcoin improves, I am now waiting for the price of all coins to rise.

▰▰▰ MODUL ▰▰▰
▐  EKOSISTEM CRYPTOECONOMIC ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK [/ u] ▌
https://modltoken.io/
@baracitamon

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:54:19 PM

If you have a loss then you should choose the long term trading, do not rush to sell fast, the market is tending to decrease.
tothanhtuan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:15:10 PM

Always have a deep out of the money buy order. Remember the flash crashes last year, you could get some good coins for cheap. And you may be one of the people who benefit in a chart like that in the future
Hiluxury Bitcoin

Activity: 199

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:26:45 PM

Increasingly and on a larger scale, no one will be sure that stopping is justified. It is important that you have a plan for what to do next for the loss trading. It needs you to be really alert to analyze the market fluctuations to take the next logical step.
Now these are some basic rules and regulations that may be called golden rules. These are always implementable in any condition and their results are fantastic in that way too. Like one we are listening and reading more here, buy low and sell high. If this is implemented in any form of method to earn money, either it is trading or inviting or stock or anything, profit would be yours.

--------------------Trustdice.win - Fair gaming platform built on blockchain technology--------------------
raider150shifter

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:03:10 PM

If you're doing scalping/micro trading a 2-3% stop-loss
is recommended, if you're day trading I suggest not
to use the stop-loss.
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:54:32 PM

I know some very successful traders who dont use stop losses at all
katri

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:17:28 AM

I don't use this kind of strategy.. Stop loss or cutting losses is simply saying. Allowing your capital to loss in a certain %. This is market and the nature is volatile so i would allow my self to loss my money. Market will always pumps up and i wait wait it until even it took for 2 years. If the coin i chose will be zero value then be it. I invested the amount that i am willing to loss.. Let them loss it all. This kind of investment is a gamble that must convince our self that anytime we may loss in space.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:45:51 AM

You must use Stop loss for each trade.

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

Indeed, I put a stop loss of 10%-20% on every trade I encountered because when bitcoin pumps hard all the altcoins will surely dump and takes time to recover or or even not. Its better to put some stop loss than to wait forever to pump back the coin you bought.

This is the most used strategy on all crypto traders and as the time i speak still being putted by more than half of crypto traders uses this but the percentage has been adjusted because of the badness of market movements most of us lower the profit target to atleast 5% and this amount is the best option nowadays or else losses will be in your front..like yesterday when i bought  policypal token at .0051$ and gained 5% in the first hour after i withdrawn drops 8% if i waits for more than 5% i am another loser now so think first before you decide on what percentage to put
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:08:43 PM

You must use Stop loss for each trade.

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

Indeed, I put a stop loss of 10%-20% on every trade I encountered because when bitcoin pumps hard all the altcoins will surely dump and takes time to recover or or even not. Its better to put some stop loss than to wait forever to pump back the coin you bought.

This is the most used strategy on all crypto traders and as the time i speak still being putted by more than half of crypto traders uses this but the percentage has been adjusted because of the badness of market movements most of us lower the profit target to atleast 5% and this amount is the best option nowadays or else losses will be in your front..like yesterday when i bought  policypal token at .0051$ and gained 5% in the first hour after i withdrawn drops 8% if i waits for more than 5% i am another loser now so think first before you decide on what percentage to put
Sometimes short trades with specific stoploss do really need luck and intuition and I cant really deny to this thing since I do make shortings too which it isn't really too easy and not suitable on most traders.If you are emotional and doesn't have much idea on how to set things up then this wont really be for you. Stoploss of 5% and take profit is considerable.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:50:34 PM

ricseb
You can see that with a market that is fluctuating continuously and it is difficult to predict the current trading day is very difficult, bitcoin prices can continue to drop at any time, so I believe you must always have a stoploss in the trading plan. The market will be more volatile as bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting.

hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:58:11 PM

ricseb
You can see that with a market that is fluctuating continuously and it is difficult to predict the current trading day is very difficult, bitcoin prices can continue to drop at any time, so I believe you must always have a stoploss in the trading plan. The market will be more volatile as bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting.

What you are telling is true but i think if you trade with StopLoss, then most of the time you will see that your stoploss will get triggered and then it goes back up so using stoploss is not good always it should be used according to the coin which you are trading.

If you are trading in BTC then i think using stoploss is not benefit as you know that if today the price is down then some time later it will go up. BTC price swings both side so many times in a day that stop loss will almost trigger most of the time.

When you are trading in altcoin whose market strategy you dont know then using stop loss is good as it will save you if the coin goes dead and stoploss saves you with minimum loss.

beverly788113

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:55:49 PM

ricseb
Stop loss in trading is absolutely necessary at this time when you trade, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and very hard to guess, bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting and I believe will remain can continue to be strong at any time. Therefore, you must always have a stoploss in your trading plan to minimize risk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: