Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:06:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Gascoin-- Public Apology To iGotspots, Gascoin, and the Altcoin Community  (Read 2693 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 01:43:52 PM

WOW, quote a single post of mine where I support a scamcoin

You either:
 - are trolling
 - are stupid

Probably both
Stop repeating yourself.
R3wt is a good guy, he did make a mistake tho  Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DogtownHero

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:21:28 PM

Shame on you.

I don't care about apologies! They do not repair anything!
You must be punish for the bad things you made!

Lets crucify r3wt name, cut the head off and put it on a stick so it may be seen as an example!

If you premine it for your self etc etc...then there's no fix for this...kill the coin and restart it.

Im going to sharpen the ax and i will be back in 5 for the blood bath feast.

Kill all the Romans!!!! uuuuggggggg
G

i don't care if you meant it or not this was the funniest shit i've ever read.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:48:39 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 05:06:19 PM by SistaFista

R-E-S-T-E-C-P

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:45:11 PM

You either:
 - are trolling
 - are stupid

Probably both
Stop repeating yourself.
Yup, he made a mistake, one that would have landed him in jail in the real world.  'He's a good guy though.'
Yeah, I know lots of good guys that are in jail.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:05:07 PM

You either:
 - are trolling
 - are stupid

Probably both
Stop repeating yourself.

I don't give a damn about him, you said shit and can't even back it

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
coinerd

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:54:42 PM

R-E-S-T-E-C-P

lolwut?

This is a proper step forward.

Apologizing and moving forward is a better move than ditching the r3wt name because if anyone found out that your "new" username was you that name would be instantly ruined as well.

If you want to continue re-building bridges you probably need to focus on NAN.  That coin received a tremendous amount of community support and was left to rot while this other stuff was going on. Leaving supporters of your prior work to feel doubly bashed on with the discovery that instead of working to support our mutual efforts you were busy with ... well these other things.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 07:06:44 PM

Prior to his post in the Gas Coin thread apologizing and explaining why he did what he did, r3wt had sent me a PM saying basically the same thing. I had the chance to (most likely) get him the scammer tag, but I believe in second chances, that's why I stopped posting in that thread and stopped trying to get him the tag. I do believe, and hope, this is a sincere apology not only to us, but to the community as a whole.

He has probably screwed himself more than he knows so far, but at this time I see no point in continuing the witch hunt. I have too much planned and in motion with Spots to stay involved with this current situation and risk losing the trust of those of you currently following Spots.

I will, however, be watching r3wt's work very carefully from now on and if he does screw anyone else over, please let me know. I won't hesitate to push the issue if he doesn't follow through with being honest and fair from now on. If he stays true to his word, then it's a simple lesson learned. Fair enough?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 10:55:25 AM

The amount of rage by people, and it's not even a huge scam  Cheesy Cheesy
Just drop the username and start fresh  Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:17:01 AM

Roll Eyes

Attention whore

Just fix it and tell it to the guys involved. We just don't give a single fuck.

'Cute' you speak for everyone. Kudos.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:37:02 PM

Roll Eyes

Attention whore

Just fix it and tell it to the guys involved. We just don't give a single fuck.

'Cute' you speak for everyone. Kudos.

Everyone?
This guy said this before me:
You moronic demented idiot, you wasted a lot of my time!  Delete the account and create a new one.  No one willl give a shit about you or trust you again!

So we were at least 2
And guess what, two is enough to say "we"

Hurray! You learnt something! Congrats!

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
nhminer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:36:06 PM

R-E-S-T-E-C-P

lolwut?

This is a proper step forward.

Apologizing and moving forward is a better move than ditching the r3wt name because if anyone found out that your "new" username was you that name would be instantly ruined as well.

If you want to continue re-building bridges you probably need to focus on NAN.  That coin received a tremendous amount of community support and was left to rot while this other stuff was going on. Leaving supporters of your prior work to feel doubly bashed on with the discovery that instead of working to support our mutual efforts you were busy with ... well these other things.

Agree -- focus on NAN at this time and support those who supported you.

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:53:17 PM

You either:
 - are trolling
 - are stupid

Probably both
Stop repeating yourself.
Yup, he made a mistake, one that would have landed him in jail in the real world.  'He's a good guy though.'
Yeah, I know lots of good guys that are in jail.
In the real world, he would have been properly compensated for his efforts. It's only in the Crypto world, that everyone except the developer is allowed to profit from a coin.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 02:04:46 PM

In the real world you get properly compensated for your copy-and-paste efforts only if someone actually wants the copying and pasting done so much that they are willing to pay you to do it.

in the crypto world endless launchspam is launched at us by spammers who not only think they have a god-given right to spam us with more and worse garbage daily but apparently also imagine they should be paid for doing so...

Proper compensation might more properly be bastinado than monetary or counted in coins...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 02:45:01 PM

You guys do realize he's the one that set the asking price and didn't get low balled by the buyer right...?

philipkdick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:54:43 PM

A very humble and heartfelt apology - something rare in the community!

+1   at least he apologized -

markm - of course why wouldn't he have he been paid up front ?

if i were copying and pasting i'd like to be paid up front , or go to the community and ask the community what they agree he should pre-mine i.e "get for the work."
coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:48:42 PM

... and ask the community what they agree he should pre-mine i.e "get for the work."

You do NOT want to do that.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 04:49:24 PM

A very humble and heartfelt apology - something rare in the community!

+1   at least he apologized -

markm - of course why wouldn't he have he been paid up front ?

if i were copying and pasting i'd like to be paid up front , or go to the community and ask the community what they agree he should pre-mine i.e "get for the work."

I can just tell you now that if you even ask that, you will be labeled Vlad2.0

Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:33:17 PM

In the real world you get properly compensated for your copy-and-paste efforts only if someone actually wants the copying and pasting done so much that they are willing to pay you to do it.

in the crypto world endless launchspam is launched at us by spammers who not only think they have a god-given right to spam us with more and worse garbage daily but apparently also imagine they should be paid for doing so...

Proper compensation might more properly be bastinado than monetary or counted in coins...

-MarkM-

You keep going on about shit like this. It doesn't matter what is in the fucking code, or what shit you invent, or inovate. The coding, and creating, only really makes up 10% of a coin. The other 90%, is promoting, building infrastructure, making it useable. Giving the coin a purpose. It doesn't matter, if you take BTC's code, and call it BTC-2, if you put the work into, to make it use able, and worth something, and people like it, then that is what matters.
50 million burger chains in the world, all offering the same fucking product, its the marketing, that sets them apart, which is why marketing, is a multi-billion dollar a year industry. You strike me as smart, yet stupid, at the exact same time.

And, by the way, the very concept of "Open source" does give people the right, to do just that.

You could make the best piece of software, the world has ever seen. Someone could make an exact copy of it, and do a better job marketing it. They win. think outside your fucking box, your snob piece of goo.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 06:04:23 PM

-MarkM-

You keep going on about shit like this. It doesn't matter what is in the fucking code, or what shit you invent, or inovate. The coding, and creating, only really makes up 10% of a coin. The other 90%, is promoting, building infrastructure, making it useable. Giving the coin a purpose. It doesn't matter, if you take BTC's code, and call it BTC-2, if you put the work into, to make it use able, and worth something, and people like it, then that is what matters.
50 million burger chains in the world, all offering the same fucking product, its the marketing, that sets them apart, which is why marketing, is a multi-billion dollar a year industry. You strike me as smart, yet stupid, at the exact same time.

And, by the way, the very concept of "Open source" does give people the right, to do just that.

You could make the best piece of software, the world has ever seen. Someone could make an exact copy of it, and do a better job marketing it. They win. think outside your fucking box, your snob piece of goo.

I rarely agree with you, but there's a first for everything I suppose. Today happens to be that day

pr9me

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 07:23:31 PM

In the real world, he would have been properly compensated for his efforts. It's only in the Crypto world, that everyone except the developer is allowed to profit from a coin.

A-freaking-men to that!

But anyway...

r3wt has truthfully apologized for his actions. If you're half the men you guys say you are, you will accept it so we can move on. The community doesn't need this kind of PR at the moment.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: