Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:03:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LABCOIN Speculation Thread  (Read 10086 times)
VinceSamios (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:33:24 PM

Price and Developments speculation here.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
Franktank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:33:44 PM

Reserved.
wiak2

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:42:44 PM

Not with this clusterfuck of an IPO...

I can't see these guys having any staying power.

What have the actual issuers of the stock done wrong?  The excitement caused by and response to the IPO was not expected by anyone, and they are rationally trying to make a fair solution for everyone instead of hastefully dumping the shares on the market.  So far it has been much more orderly than Activemining's IPO.
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:44:05 PM

Mass hysteria about this IPO. Beware.
VinceSamios (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:45:19 PM

What have the actual issuers of the stock done wrong?  The excitement caused by the IPO was not expected by anyone, and they are rationally trying to make a fair solution for everyone instead of hastefully dumping the shares on the market.  So far it has been much more orderly than Activemining's IPO.

IPO's should be simple... x shares available, x bids to eat up those shares - top bids get eaten first

wheres the discussion to be had? it's absurd.

wiak2

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:50:32 PM

What have the actual issuers of the stock done wrong?  The excitement caused by the IPO was not expected by anyone, and they are rationally trying to make a fair solution for everyone instead of hastefully dumping the shares on the market.  So far it has been much more orderly than Activemining's IPO.

IPO's should be simple... x shares available, x bids to eat up those shares - top bids get eaten first

The problem is that the issuer has no idea when the asset will be approved, and once it is approved bidding can begin.  The voting can take days or weeks, but LABCOIN was approved in less than a day.  They had no chance to put the stocks up before bids were in place, but still want to honor the IPO price of .001.  I commend them for standing by the original price and not just profiting of the speculators.  Ken of AMC fucked up his IPO so bad (repeatedly dumping more shares at one price before undercutting himself later on, dumping 500,000 additional shares for "extra expenses" after the original NRE sold out), and yet you stand by him.  Makes me wonder who you're invested in  right now Smiley
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:56:37 PM

The problem is that the issuer has no idea when the asset will be approved, and once it is approved bidding can begin.  The voting can take days or weeks, but LABCOIN was approved in less than a day.  They had no chance to put the stocks up before bids were in place, but still want to honor the IPO price of .001.  I commend them for standing by the original price and not just profiting of the speculators.  Ken of AMC fucked up his IPO so bad (repeatedly dumping more shares at one price before undercutting himself later on, dumping 500,000 additional shares for "extra expenses" after the original NRE sold out), and yet you stand by him.  Makes me wonder who you're invested in  right now Smiley

+1 life is not fair, oh well.
jackcc

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:29:46 PM

You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:07:23 PM

"The first run will yeild 1000-1500 chips @ 130nm, 300Mhz, Power 0.8W, 6.5x6.5mm design. With specs of 5 GH at 2.7W/GHash."

So, which one is it? 0.8W or 13.5W?
With that second value this chip will vaporize. Thermal resistances will not allow to operate so small die at so high temperatures...

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
VinceSamios (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 07:48:34 PM

0.8w per chip I think.... 300mhz chip....

ChronoX5

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:52:18 PM

I'm predicting that all the leftover money from the IPO will get poured into BTCGarden without anyone checking the thread.

Please keep in mind that I am currently trading/holding shares of ASIC Miner, ActiveMining, Rentalstarter, Labcoin and may be posting in my own interest. Always do your own research.
blackswan

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:55:09 PM

I'm predicting that all the leftover money from the IPO will get poured into BTCGarden without anyone checking the thread.
+1

That and some of the leftover money will be reinvested in all the stocks everyone dumped to buy in Labcoin.

Live trade feeds and tools Kryptotrader.
Creative Director at Pixelmess.  Personal work:  Behance
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:34:02 PM

I predict it's going to crash.

Here is why:

1) Mass hysteria over the IPO. This is rarely a good sign for an IPO. The IPO was overbooked by almost 3 times.

2) Everyone who wasn't able to buy in the IPO wasn't able to because of glitches with the BTCT.CO website. These people are pissed off and not likely to invest now.

3) The mining space is increasing competitive. KNCMiner and Bitfury are about to release their chips and miners and are going to completely overwhelm anyone sill using first generation mining ASICs. Labcoin is behind and won't be able to keep up.
Bonam

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:37:36 PM

I predict in the short term it will go up. It was clearly illustrated that there is a lot of demand for these shares at prices well above the IPO value of 0.001. As soon as there is open trading of Labcoin shares, price will go up until demand matches supply. Seems pretty basic. Market fundamentals like the number of competitors in the BTC mining market and the relative technical/economic merits of Labcoin will assert themselves over a longer timeframe, and shares could rise or fall depending on how Labcoin and various competitors do. But everyone who bought at the IPO value will likely be able to sell tomorrow for a tidy profit.
ChronoX5

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:38:55 PM

Here is why:

1) Mass hysteria over the IPO. This is rarely a good sign for an IPO. The IPO was overbooked by almost 3 times.

2) Everyone who wasn't able to buy in the IPO wasn't able to because of glitches with the BTCT.CO website. These people are pissed off and not likely to invest now.

3) The mining space is increasing competitive. KNCMiner and Bitfury are about to release their chips and miners and are going to completely overwhelm anyone sill using first generation mining ASICs. Labcoin is behind and won't be able to keep up.

And that's exactly what their IPO price reflects. It's incredibly cheap so they don't have to get as much hashing power online.

Please keep in mind that I am currently trading/holding shares of ASIC Miner, ActiveMining, Rentalstarter, Labcoin and may be posting in my own interest. Always do your own research.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:40:38 PM

Here is why:

No way in hell. I'm not saying that it's going 'to the moon' like all those ActM fanboys, but there are many, many people who just missed the IPO lock because of BTCT issues, etc posting in the Labcoin thread. Most of those who missed out aren't going to be pissed and not invest, they're just going to buy up more shares.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:14:10 PM

The price on this will run higher than what people are expecting... it's just so cheap to begin with.  Even if people sell at .002 it's cheap.  This is even more of a speculators dream than active mining.
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 09:15:41 PM

0.002 is the minimum Cool

ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:16:27 PM

The price on this will run higher than what people are expecting... it's just so cheap to begin with.  Even if people sell at .002 it's cheap.  This is even more of a speculators dream than active mining.

The problem is that they dont really have anything to back it up. 130nm chips in Q4 2013? 65 nm in Q2 2014?
Competitors have 28nm coming in early Q4 2013.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:17:42 PM

Yeah, sure. The question is whether it'll be at .002 or at 2.00

Assuming it's not a scam the IPO price is a rather safe bet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: