Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:19:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448419 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:53:34 AM

Summary on Mastercoin wallets

Grazcoin - hybrid web based wallet.
Zathras -  masterchest wallet
Omni wallet - saw it in the dev emails.
Me - mymastercoins wallet.
Android wallet to follow soon as windows wallet is stable.

Tachikoma is working on the go implementation of mastercoid. Which will be the basis of all future wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:56:51 AM

Tachikoma is working on the go implementation of mastercoid. Which will be the basis of all future wallets.

Thanks for the update. I believe that the MSC team are working hard to materialize wallets and other applications. A thoroughly-tested and safe wallet would be the key for the long-term success of MSC project.

littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:19:49 AM

郑重的严肃的告知msc董事会、开发组:
      钱包再搞不出来,我们全体中国人就撤了!
      我们撤了,中国大妈就不会接盘了,你们就自己不死不活的玩吧。
      钦此
中国msc交流群:298824496

littleblue

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:22:39 AM

郑重的严肃的告知msc董事会、开发组:
      钱包再搞不出来,我们全体中国人就撤了!
      钦此

please use  translate.google!
editor499

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:58:59 AM

郑重的严肃的告知msc董事会、开发组:
      钱包再搞不出来,我们全体中国人就撤了!
      钦此

asshole
littleblue

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:46:02 AM

郑重的严肃的告知msc董事会、开发组:
      钱包再搞不出来,我们全体中国人就撤了!
      钦此

asshole
八嘎!
atengzt

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:11:07 AM

Thanks for the update. I believe that the MSC team are working hard to materialize wallets and other applications. A thoroughly-tested and safe wallet would be the key for the long-term success of MSC project.

agree.
atengzt

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:33:28 AM

郑重的严肃的告知msc董事会、开发组:
      钱包再搞不出来,我们全体中国人就撤了!
      钦此

asshole
八嘎!
Dont' treat others the way you don't want to be treated.
MisterCrypto

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:20:49 AM

No wonder Mastercoin doesn't use this forum it would take someones whole day up trying to constantly do damage control and cater for the retarded trolls that look for any excuse to bash a coin and a community.

To all those who underestimate MSC.... I will screenshot the gains I am going to make over the next couple of months on my mastercoin holdings. Meanwhile you can sit there and play around with your over valued pandacoins.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:56:47 AM

No wonder Mastercoin doesn't use this forum it would take someones whole day up trying to constantly do damage control and cater for the retarded trolls that look for any excuse to bash a coin and a community.

To all those who underestimate MSC.... I will screenshot the gains I am going to make over the next couple of months on my mastercoin holdings. Meanwhile you can sit there and play around with your over valued pandacoins.

Just have a little look at the reflection on your monitor again. Remind you of anyone?
littleblue

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:02:32 AM

郑重的严肃的告知msc董事会、开发组:
      钱包再搞不出来,我们全体中国人就撤了!
      钦此

asshole
八嘎!
Dont' treat others the way you don't want to be treated.
fuck treat asshole ,is not right? fuck!
littleblue

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:44:37 PM

GOOD JOB! MSC  COME ON!

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:13:49 PM

Plenty has been happening with MSC. Whereas from the surface of our need everything right now instant society, it appears we are in the HURRY UP AND WAIT phase. I see MSC as a snowball that is just now gaining momentum as it rolls downhill.

MSC vs Competitors.

Team MSC has spent the time building a robust foundation of brilliant competent people.
The competitors have spent their time trying to get their product out fast and first.

Team MSC is known to the public
The competitors are hiding behind new accounts and sock puppets

Team MSC is going through the motions of testing BEFORE it goes public
The competitors don't have this luxury as their only selling gimmick is FIRST to market (even if it means releasing a buggy product).

Team MSC has written papers about and put much thought into the economics and implementation of new features.
The competitors have largely copied these ideas but haven't added anything to the conversation.

Team MSC is in the position of watching and using and improving ANY ideas the competitors implement first. (letting them fumble the ball so as to slam dunk it with MSC)
The competitors with their must release it first gimmick will inevitable make some mistakes. (they are the testnet for MSC)

Satoshi hid behind a sock puppet account, but his project was widely successful.

Your post comparing it to competitors makes you seem so ignorant.

It's not about trashing competitors, my intention of my post was that the community feels so scattered, and there isn't a good way to see whats going on with Mastercoin.

I still want to know if Tachikoma and his partner are still going to be full time developers.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. Your insights are extremely valuable to me. You know, I wasn't trying to throw mud on anyone...   
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:40:34 PM

I'd also like to take this time to mention that one of the things that really made this project standout from the beginning was JR's attitude.

JR has some real class, something alot of us are lacking.

As far as I can tell he never went over to the dark side (you know, name calling and negativity). I think one of the best examples of this was Peter Todd's passion about the project at the beginning of this tread. I think it says alot to have won over someone as brilliant as he to work on the project.

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:45:16 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 06:58:47 PM by Patel

Whats new with Mastercoin?

• Mastercoin-explorer has been down for weeks, is Tachikoma still working on this project? Amir Taaki said something about MSC devs leaving to work on Ethereum. Any truth behind this?

By the way, this is what I was referring to

http://youtu.be/nppllG0gzWY?t=16m45s

That's why I asked if our devs are still working on the project. But now I have the answer.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:11:34 PM

• Mastercoin-explorer has been down for weeks, is Tachikoma still working on this project? Amir Taaki said something about MSC devs leaving to work on Ethereum. Any truth behind this?

That's why I asked if our devs are still working on the project. But now I have the answer.

Maran (Tachikoma) has a fantastic talent for breaking new ground and doing things which have never been done before, and although he hasn't confided in me on the topic, from public records I think it is safe to say that he has done quite well financially due to his involvement with our project, so he has more flexibility to do whatever he pleases now. I believe he's got a post prepared about what he plans to do next with Etherium, which you should see shortly.

Hopefully he'll get their scripting language all ironed out so we can steal it once it is working  Tongue

I'd also like to take this time to mention that one of the things that really made this project standout from the beginning was JR's attitude.

As far as I can tell he never went over to the dark side (you know, name calling and negativity). I think one of the best examples of this was Peter Todd's passion about the project at the beginning of this tread. I think it says alot to have won over someone as brilliant as he to work on the project.

Thanks! I try to not write anything I wouldn't want my family to see Smiley

Peter is awesome. Just a couple days ago we had a very productive discussion about the spec, and he raised some great points about some of our planned future features which I'm working on getting into a pull request.

junsha

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:51:24 PM

Maran (Tachikoma) has a fantastic talent for breaking new ground and doing things which have never been done before, and although he hasn't confided in me on the topic, from public records I think it is safe to say that he has done quite well financially due to his involvement with our project, so he has more flexibility to do whatever he pleases now. I believe he's got a post prepared about what he plans to do next with Etherium, which you should see shortly.

Hopefully he'll get their scripting language all ironed out so we can steal it once it is working  Tongue

Peter is awesome. Just a couple days ago we had a very productive discussion about the spec, and he raised some great points about some of our planned future features which I'm working on getting into a pull request.

J.R., The 3/15 release date still not changed?
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 12:10:49 AM

J.R., The 3/15 release date still not changed?

Yup it is still the Ides of March
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 12:16:38 AM

We use other collaboration tools which whilst not as visible to the community, are more effective

would be nice if it's at least visible to community, as this is open source project, isn't it.

So that is a good question. It is indeed open source and generally everything that is done by folks working with the foundation is supposed to be Unlicense. 

However that doesn't mean that folks all want to use bitcointalk.org for having chats, etc.

This link has pretty much most of the main channels

http://wiki.mastercoin.org/index.php/How_To_Get_Involved

We also have a skype group, if you want to join send an email to info@mastercoin.org and ask someone to add your ID
Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 10:13:06 AM

Hey guys,

I got side-lined for two weeks because of holidays plus a nasty flu but I'm getting better so I wanted to share some things with you today.

First off after a lot of internal discussion we decided to depcrecate my ruby based Mastercoin implementation. We have a lot of talent in the Mastercoin foundation but in order to consolidate our efforts we had to get rid of an implementation. I volunteered to deprecate mine for the follwing reasons.

I started the ruby implementation when I read the Mastercoin whitepaper a few days into the Exodus fundraiser. I was intrigued and since there appeared to be nothing created yet I decided to build a website where you could enter your address and it would calculate the amount of Mastercoins during the fundraiser. This got a lot of attention and I kept adding more things on top based on the feedback I received. Fast forward a few weeks and I basically had the first Mastercoin implementation.

The problem however was that I had never intended for this website to be a Mastercoin implementation and not everything I build was done so in an optimal fashion looking back at it. The main logic was tied up in the Web-application, logic that should belong in a core library instead. When I got the job-offer from the Mastercoin foundation it seemed like the perfect time to rewrite my implementation and do it properly this time. By that time however it was clear we needed a reference client, one that could bring us into the future sadly ruby was not the ideal tool for this purpose. It is harder to create bundled applications with ruby and speed wise it is severely lacking. I decided to spend my remaining time working on the reference client instead and use all the knowledge I gained from creating the ruby version towards this client.

This means that starting today Mastercoin-ruby, Mastercoin-wallet and Mastercoin-explorer are deprecated. Luckily this won't have too large of an effect since the other developers are still working hard on their implementations, beautiful things are just around the corner.

The other thing I want to announce is that me and Jeffrey are going to start winding down our development on the Master Protocol to begin working on Ethereum in the beginning of March. We consider Ethereum to be the next evolution in cryptocurrency and believe it provides substantial innovations that make it much easier to enable social contracts in a decentralized manner. Ethereum does not compete with Mastercoin; it further enables Mastercoin as a new cryptocurrency platform, thus we plan on keeping close ties with the Mastercoin Foundation during its development.

I like to think my contributions kickstarted the Mastercoin Protocol project, it's up to the other developers now to take it to the next level. I'm still a big believer in (and holder of) Mastercoin, I have full faith in the current team and I can't wait to see what is going to be next for the project.

Thanks Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: