Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448420 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
marcelus

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:26:07 PM

Amazing!
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:33:30 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 02:27:33 PM by FTWbitcoinFTW

5 days news ?

Why it's hit me only now ?

MSC need a better communication

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:41:24 PM

in B4: it was on the mastercoin forum  Roll Eyes
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:47:38 PM

5 days news ?

Why it's it me only now ?

MSC need a better communication

http://mastercointalk.org/

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
MisterCrypto

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:04:48 PM

Hey,

Do we have any news on the wallet yet guys?
jeroenn13

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:05:52 PM

Hey,

Do we have any news on the wallet yet guys?

Read the latest blog post.
http://blog.mastercoin.org/

▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
               ████▄             ▄████
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:14:46 PM

Starting from the Exodus address or Ponzi address.  Roll Eyes

jeroenn13

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:19:08 PM

Starting from the Exodus address or Ponzi address.  Roll Eyes

Atleast you call everything a Ponzi
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=84689;sa=showPosts

▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
               ████▄             ▄████
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:09:16 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 04:22:01 PM by Patel

Whats new with Mastercoin?

• Mastercoin-explorer has been down for weeks, is Tachikoma still working on this project? Amir Taaki said something about MSC devs leaving to work on Ethereum. Any truth behind this?
  • Havn't heard a peep from JR or Ron, What has JR done since going full time?
  • talk.mastercoin.org was deserted, noone talks on mastercointalk.org besides that 1 business person making her daily to-do list
  • This thread has been ditched, buyer/seller thread has been ditched
  • No news on Reddit

Huh

It was going strong when everyone used this thread. Where is the community at now?
zyfreetip

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:23:57 PM

Agree. They abandon bitcointalk and changed their own forum too frequently, people could not keep up with them. The weekly or daily  update are not in time.And they could not even offer a most simply wallet.

Whats going on with Mastercoin?

• Mastercoin-explorer has been down for weeks, is Tachikoma still working on this project?
  • Havn't heard a peep from JR or Ron, What has JR done since going full time?
  • talk.mastercoin.org was deserted, noone talks on mastercointalk.org besides that 1 business person making her daily to-do list
  • This thread has been ditched, buyer/seller thread has been ditched
  • No news on Reddit

Huh

It feels like there is 0 community behind this project anymore. It was going strong when everyone used this thread, now there is no place to find where the community is discussing things at.
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:43:18 PM

Nothing happend since JR cashout 1500 BTC to calm down his wife...

Maybe he's busy to sold them.

I just hope he doesnt put them on Gox Cheesy

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:07:13 PM

Plenty has been happening with MSC. Whereas from the surface of our need everything right now instant society, it appears we are in the HURRY UP AND WAIT phase. I see MSC as a snowball that is just now gaining momentum as it rolls downhill.

MSC vs Competitors.

Team MSC has spent the time building a robust foundation of brilliant competent people.
The competitors have spent their time trying to get their product out fast and first.

Team MSC is known to the public
The competitors are hiding behind new accounts and sock puppets

Team MSC is going through the motions of testing BEFORE it goes public
The competitors don't have this luxury as their only selling gimmick is FIRST to market (even if it means releasing a buggy product).

Team MSC has written papers about and put much thought into the economics and implementation of new features.
The competitors have largely copied these ideas but haven't added anything to the conversation.

Team MSC is in the position of watching and using and improving ANY ideas the competitors implement first. (letting them fumble the ball so as to slam dunk it with MSC)
The competitors with their must release it first gimmick will inevitable make some mistakes. (they are the testnet for MSC)

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 07:54:21 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 08:21:41 PM by Patel

Plenty has been happening with MSC. Whereas from the surface of our need everything right now instant society, it appears we are in the HURRY UP AND WAIT phase. I see MSC as a snowball that is just now gaining momentum as it rolls downhill.

MSC vs Competitors.

Team MSC has spent the time building a robust foundation of brilliant competent people.
The competitors have spent their time trying to get their product out fast and first.

The competitors don't have this luxury as their only selling gimmick is FIRST to market (even if it means releasing a buggy product).

Team MSC has written papers about and put much thought into the economics and implementation of new features.
The competitors have largely copied these ideas but haven't added anything to the conversation.

Team MSC is in the position of watching and using and improving ANY ideas the competitors implement first. (letting them fumble the ball so as to slam dunk it with MSC)
The competitors with their must release it first gimmick will inevitable make some mistakes. (they are the testnet for MSC)

Satoshi hid behind a sock puppet account, but his project was widely successful.

Your post comparing it to competitors makes you seem so ignorant.

It's not about trashing competitors, my intention of my post was that the community feels so scattered, and there isn't a good way to see whats going on with Mastercoin.

I still want to know if Tachikoma and his partner are still going to be full time developers.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:07:57 PM

Correct.....and we know who the resident ignoramus is, right?
MisterCrypto

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:03:27 PM

MSC vs Competitors.

Satoshi hid behind a sock puppet account, but his project was widely successful.

It's not about trashing competitors, my intention of my post was that the community feels so scattered, and there isn't a good way to see whats going on with Mastercoin.

I still want to know if Tachikoma and his partner are still going to be full time developers.

Haha but I think Satoshi hid for different reasons than these new boys on the block Wink ... Pardon the pun.

I wouldn't say the community is scattered, there is no need for these guys to build loads of hype. Actions speak louder than words and these guys have allot of positive things going on. Patience is all thats needed.
zathras

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:23:02 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 07:19:27 AM by zathras

Hey guys,

Apologies I haven't been around the forums much recently...

I was reading some of the negative sentiments expressed recently and thought I should at least post to clear up a few misconceptions.  I'll also ping our Head of Communications and let him know you guys are feeling a little neglected Smiley

1) Mastercoin is bad because there is no wallet available yet.
There is no wallet publicly available yet.  That is not the same as no wallet at all.  Even that's not accurate as Graz has wallet functionality in masterchain.info.  For example the recent dev MSC sends were all done by J.R. using a certain Mastercoin wallet (hint, there was a video demo recently).  Internal testing prior to beta should be considered a good thing Smiley  Additionally, please understand that Mastercoin wallets are not just a case of forking an existing QT wallet and changing a few parameters like most wallet releases - these are ground up builds starting from nothing.  For my own wallet - that's over 4000 lines of code that had to be written from scratch.  I hope you will understand this takes time.

2) There is very little happening on Master Protocol development.
This couldn't be further from the truth (you guys know we are launching DEx in less than a month right?).  It's simply that a forum is not an appropriate place to collaborate once you scale past 10 or 20 people (and we're well past this in terms of head count on the project).  We use other collaboration tools which whilst not as visible to the community, are more effective.  I can only speak to my own experience, but I have almost daily contact with a bunch of different parties on various topics, and attend at least two teleconferences a week (a project management sync & a development sync).  Craig can attest to the fun of getting 20+ people across a bunch of different timezones (I'm committed - 6AM for me Tongue) onto these calls for a couple hours each time!!!  But we make it work.  To really make sure this point sticks I'm going to take the rather unusual move of posting a screenie of my dev inbox (names & content removed to protect project IP) - this should give you an idea of the frequency of internal communication happening on the project.  Trust me when I say it's never quiet!  Sometimes I even struggle to keep up!

3) The recent dev initiative will add 150,000 MSC to the total amount of Mastercoins in existence.
This is simply inaccurate.  Mastercoin has a fixed cap and the foundation has committed since day one that there is about as much chance of Mastercoin's cap being increased as there is in Bitcoin's 21 million.  This is large scale re-investment into further development.   Also Dev MSC are already factored into the fixed cap (619,478 MSC), it's just that not all of them are spendable yet.  Dev MSC are vested over time (ie they become spendable) but they are not created/generated.

I hope that helps to provide a little context around some of the concerns that have been raised, now I need to get back to coding - I have a large buglist to clear before beta Smiley

Thanks Smiley
Zathras

Smart Property & Distributed Exchange: Master Protocol for Bitcoin
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:51:04 AM

We use other collaboration tools which whilst not as visible to the community, are more effective

would be nice if it's at least visible to community, as this is open source project, isn't it.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:26:14 PM

We use other collaboration tools which whilst not as visible to the community, are more effective

would be nice if it's at least visible to community, as this is open source project, isn't it.

I agree that open sourcing the task listwould be interesting, though not necessary if they do what they say they will do. For now I think its also fair to simply let them work as they have a clear deadline in march for the decentralized exchange. 

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
niner

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

I agree that open sourcing the task listwould be interesting, though not necessary if they do what they say they will do. For now I think its also fair to simply let them work as they have a clear deadline in march for the decentralized exchange. 

http://blog.mastercoin.org/ has regular development updates
and links to further resources at the bottom of the page:

Dev eMail Group
DevChat (##Mastercoin)
Exchanges
Forums
GitHub
KPIs
Mastercoin Foundation
Project Boards
Wiki

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:31:05 PM

P2P exchange is being made by someone i know

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: