Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:15:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448416 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:08:29 PM

That's the problem. There are so few communications efforts that one should go to GitHub to understand what's going on.

That's a very poor way to treat your investors. And don't talk to me about the blog, I follow every 2.0 projects and Mastercoin is definitly the worst at speaking to its investors.

Yes, that's undeniably true, and a travesty considering the amount of money raised. I'm in no way surprised, however, as this has really been the rule when it comes to Bitcoin companies and projects. I have to assume that tech focused founders don't understand or appreciate the importance of timely, professional external communication.

There are some really good people working on this project, but also substantial competition.  We should be exploiting every advantage we have for mind share.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 11:43:20 PM

SORRY TO POST THIS HERE

However the mastercoin buyer/seller thread is locked,
so this is the only place i might get a seller
i am looking to buy MSC at market value, and lots of it
PM ME

https://masterxchange.com (traditional)
https://masterchain.info/index.html?currency=MSC&filter=sell (distributed, web)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484025.0 (distributed, offline wallet)

If you need help with one of the later two, I'd be happy to assist. If the market is still too thin then you may send a request to info at mastercoin dot org and dev at mastercoin dot org. There are plenty of users in both mailing lists combined.

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 12:55:54 AM

If you want to follow ‪‎Mastercoin‬ and Master Protocol dev efforts and read what JR has to say then "Watch" the MSC GitHub repo https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec
That's the problem. There are so few communications efforts that one should go to GitHub to understand what's going on.

That's a very poor way to treat your investors. And don't talk to me about the blog, I follow every 2.0 projects and Mastercoin is definitly the worst at speaking to its investors.

That is where the developers are because it is easier for them to use github.  Do you want to make it harder for the people who are actually developing the technology?

No professional investor would demand that developers spend hours on an out dated message board technology that is hard to access for new developers.

Developers use github, and we want to attract more, so that this software is top-notch.

Also, I invite you to our blog we have 54 published posts since October 2013, that's about 9 per month; and I publish a newsletter about every 2 weeks usually with summaries.
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:12:18 AM

Yes, that's undeniably true, and a travesty considering the amount of money raised. I'm in no way surprised, however, as this has really been the rule when it comes to Bitcoin companies and projects. I have to assume that tech focused founders don't understand or appreciate the importance of timely, professional external communication.

There are some really good people working on this project, but also substantial competition.  We should be exploiting every advantage we have for mind share.

here you go. i'm due for another email blast (was at conference in amsterdam last week so a little behind).

we have over 1100 subscribers now and generally a 50% open rate and pretty decent click rates, so I'm a bit confused why several hundred people can figure out how to subscribe to a newsletter and yet we get people on here complaining that there is no communication.

i'm always down to listen to rational, analytic thoughts, criticism and advice

we're working with someone on campaigns to up these figures and eventually other social media figures, but as always things don't happen overnight
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:13:04 AM

If you want to follow ‪‎Mastercoin‬ and Master Protocol dev efforts and read what JR has to say then "Watch" the MSC GitHub repo https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec

That is where the developers are because it is easier for them to use github.  Do you want to make it harder for the people who are actually developing the technology?

No professional investor would demand that developers spend hours on an out dated message board technology that is hard to access for new developers.

Developers use github, and we want to attract more, so that this software is top-notch.

Also, I invite you to our blog we have 54 published posts since October 2013, that's about 9 per month; and I publish a newsletter about every 2 weeks usually with summaries.
I have experience in professionnal investment (multi-billion companies which actually produce something - not just "let's make a whitepaper and see what happens" - do communicate a lot with investors). That's why I dare to call here the poor consideration you have toward your investors.

But OK, my bad, everything is fine with MSC. You just happen to use too advanced communication tools. You are so ahead of the curve that your investor are impressed by your genius and keep selling because their are afraid of be involved with such visionaries.

Tip : NXT, BTS and XCP developpers do develop, and have at the same time a strong forum presence (you know that archaic communication tool which we both using right know). So it seems possible. And theirs communities are happy. Or maybe should I just say that they actually have a community, unlike you.
littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:23:16 AM

That is where the developers are because it is easier for them to use github.  Do you want to make it harder for the people who are actually developing the technology?

I have experience in professionnal investment (multi-billion companies which actually produce something - not just "let's make a whitepaper and see what happens" - do communicate a lot with investors). That's why I dare to call here the poor consideration you have toward your investors.

But OK, my bad, everything is fine with MSC. You just happen to use too advanced communication tools. You are so ahead of the curve that your investor are impressed by your genius and keep selling because their are afraid of be involved with such visionaries.

Tip : NXT, BTS and XCP developpers do develop, and have at the same time a strong forum presence (you know that archaic communication tool which we both using right know). So it seems possible. And theirs communities are happy. Or maybe should I just say that they actually have a community, unlike you.

I agree

Chinese:我顶你!
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:53:10 AM

bts and xcp community happy?  

okay now i think we have gone off the deep end.  

by the way Mark Andreessen is right.  This community (I'm talking about the people on bitcointalk) will turn on itself; you can see it heading this way already.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 04:22:59 AM

If you think a project lacks a particular kind of presence, can't you go ahead and fix that yourself?

Maybe it simply lacks that particular presence because so far none of the enthusiasts of the project have happened to be into providing that particular aspect?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:12:51 AM

It's important to have a regularly updated presence here to promote the project. I know I'm not inclined to spend a lot of time going to a bunch of different forums and sites to follow each project, especially when the project specific forums use irritating, oddball forum software which is a lot different from SMF. Bitshares has a nice forum with Simple Machines, but I don't even check in there too often.

The newsletters are a good idea if not sent more than once a week. It makes it easier to keep up if the news is delivered via email.

Some projects try to deliver updates via Bitmessage, but it doesn't work at all well when the news disappears if you don't run the client within a couple of days of it being sent.
atengzt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:21:39 AM

It's important to have a regularly updated presence here to promote the project. I know I'm not inclined to spend a lot of time going to a bunch of different forums and sites to follow each project, especially when the project specific forums use irritating, oddball forum software which is a lot different from SMF. Bitshares has a nice forum with Simple Machines, but I don't even check in there too often.

The newsletters are a good idea if not sent more than once a week. It makes it easier to keep up if the news is delivered via email.

Some projects try to deliver updates via Bitmessage, but it doesn't work at all well when the news disappears if you don't run the client within a couple of days of it being sent.
agree, the foundation should maintain a mail list in order to deliver the updates.
Nagan

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Bitcoin is physical

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:25:05 AM

I too think that early migration off the bitcointalk was a mistake. Of course you took a long time to set up the new forums, but let's face it - they are rather empty.

Guys, come back to reality. That's for J.R. and Ron Smiley The price is climbing down, and it's simply because people are not getting your message these days.
The success for this project in the beginning was the community, that's how developers and new ideas came. Not through remote bounties, virtual offices and shiny tools.

So would you please over-communicate. With less channels.

Bitcoin is physical.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:51:41 AM

SORRY TO POST THIS HERE

However the mastercoin buyer/seller thread is locked,
so this is the only place i might get a seller
i am looking to buy MSC at market value, and lots of it
PM ME

I just made a specific board to buy Mastercoins.
http://mastercointalk.org/index.php?board=54.0

Could you please post this here and remove this one?
Thank you.

When will MSC learn that the majority of MSC holders don;t engage in  the MSC forum, but on BTC talk.  Their is no point posting there, as i know nobody will read it,
I am trying to ttarget the mass here, not a niche
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 12:41:34 PM

I too think that early migration off the bitcointalk was a mistake. Of course you took a long time to set up the new forums, but let's face it - they are rather empty.

Guys, come back to reality. That's for J.R. and Ron Smiley The price is climbing down, and it's simply because people are not getting your message these days.
The success for this project in the beginning was the community, that's how developers and new ideas came. Not through remote bounties, virtual offices and shiny tools.

So would you please over-communicate. With less channels.

Really?  My investment in XCP is down something like 80% since last months high, and according to the trolls on here XCP is doing a phenomenal job "engaging the community".

Yes so phenomenal I'm down 80%...

Hey guess what folks I was at a conference last week talking to people who manage 10s and 100s of millions in funds.   They don't waste their time on this forum.

Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:09:22 PM

Hey guess what folks I was at a conference last week talking to people who manage 10s and 100s of millions in funds.   They don't waste their time on this forum.

Were those guys 10s 100s hedge fund guys the ones who bought into MSC IPO? I think not. Were they the ones who helped take this off the ground? Are they the ones who need to get involved to get the word out? Are they the ones who need to do the bounties?

What resulted from those talks with those 10s, 100s hedge funds? Care to share?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:14:56 PM

Hey guess what folks I was at a conference last week talking to people who manage 10s and 100s of millions in funds.   They don't waste their time on this forum.

Were those guys 10s 100s hedge fund guys the ones who bought into MSC IPO? I think not. Were they the ones who helped take this off the ground? Are they the ones who need to get involved to get the word out? Are they the ones who need to do the bounties?

one offered me an unlimited budget... i'm in conversation about that...

Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:25:51 PM

This would certainly make for a very interesting blog entry.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

bitwhizz
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:44:21 PM

1. You are completely underestimating this forum and its impact
2. did you really buy XCP at 0.02?
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:08:00 PM

1. am i?  b/c doge does all of their "marketing" in other places.  xcp has dev's here wasting time answering questions for what? a 2X multiple of their burn.  basic logic shows that this forum does very little to impact non-core bitcoin projects in further growth stages.

2. lol, no... i'm simply countering the argument that "community engagement" on bitcointalk actually has any positive impact.  in fact looking at "community engagement" on bitcointalk seems to mean a lower multiple from exodus/burn whatever you want to call it.

you can all thank theymos for relegating mastercoin and others into the alt coin forum, if you want to send hate mail, he's your man
bitwhizz
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:11:19 PM

1. am i?  b/c doge does all of their "marketing" in other places.  xcp has dev's here wasting time answering questions for what? a 2X multiple of their burn.  basic logic shows that this forum does very little to impact non-core bitcoin projects in further growth stages.

2. lol, no... i'm simply countering the argument that "community engagement" on bitcointalk actually has any positive impact.  in fact looking at "community engagement" on bitcointalk seems to mean a lower multiple from exodus/burn whatever you want to call it.

you can all thank theymos for relegating mastercoin and others into the alt coin forum, if you want to send hate mail, he's your man

, we are on MSC  side, we're bringing this up becouse we think its important
no hate mail intended
 yes i am not happy with theymos, it was a bad move for MSC
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:12:39 PM

This is true.  It is a real shame that Theymos hates bitcoin 2.0 and purposefully destroyed a great communications channel for this community who just wanted to exchange ideas.  He could have made a subforum for Mastercoin, XCP, NXT and a few others.  But instead he stuffed it into the trash heap that is 'altcoins'.  Alt coins are a complete different thing altogether.  That one single hater intentionally did loads of damage to the ability of others to interact.  Lacking 'critical mass' bitwhizz is right, nobody goes to the other forums.  Instead they lose interest and go visit Satoshi Dice.  Shame. 

It is ironic how core bitcoiners try to discourage new ideas.

We need a new bitcointalk where the admin doesn't have an agenda to push with regard to management of the topics.  Are there any decent alt forums for bitcoin or is this the last and final word?
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: