Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:47:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448416 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rbdrbd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Robby,

Give them some time please.

Somebody can reach the board?

Also, does anyone else find it strange that the Mastercoin Executive Director is spending his time working on things like migrating to another forum software? One would usually expect a lower level employee to work on such things, and the fact that Ron has chosen to do this *to the exclusion of* reading the main Mastercoin thread, shows that he (a) lacks time management skills and (b) has trouble prioritizing tasks.

I would also go so far as to say that Ron, like JR, allows himself to get sidetracked by things that are simply not of immediate and essential importance. It's indeed probable that new forum software will be good for the project, but the question is whether it will help more *today* than engaging with the community. Unfortunately we currently lack the security to think about things otherwise.

Learning how to effectively delegate is one of the most challenging aspects of running an organization (as least it has been for me). It one of the main reasons why you see all of those companies that have been around for years but still just have one (or barely two) people. Ron may want to consider that as the board chair in an organization like this, he is akin to being the President/CEO of a company. Normally, CEOs really focus on the following things only:

• Relationship with the investors (i.e. community). Reading bitcointalk should be one of the most important things on the plate here. Your community is your funding source, and, if communicated with properly, can be your biggest asset. Don't forget that the value of this coin is (especially at this early point) 95% based on how the community sees this project. The community will make or break this project. Right now, us peasants are a bit restless here.
  • Forming the high level, strategic vision: I can't comment on this one much, because to be honest, I am not sure what the high level strategic vision is for this project, beyond the obvious "grow big and get PR". The blog offers me some details, but with the rest of it, but many decisions seem to be made without the community (i.e. investors) being consulted much. Contrast this with Peercoin (which I have done numerous times), where the strategic vision is very much communicated with regular interviews with Sunny, as well as an active forum where community members can pick up tasks and run with them, as well as regular newsletters. Mastercoin is a young project and I think is moving in that direction (blog, talk of forum software, etc), but the community needs to be seen as what can make or break this thing, especially if you want to recruit developers out of it (and *pay* them in your coin) to work on the project.
  • Hiring the best team, and delegating to them: A CEO often hires his executive team, and delegates to them for all day-to-day activities. He does not deal with the nitty gritty of configuring software, etc. because he can have an IT person do that. When you become CEO, you need to leave the past life of an IT guy behind and put on a different mask. If your IT person isn't cutting it, fire him and get a new one.
  • Serving as the primary spokesman for the company: Again, working with both your investors (i.e. community) and the outside/general public. PR people can handle the nitty gritty, the CEO should be mostly concerned with the general message being delivered, and how it communicates the strategic vision.
  • Exploring strategic partnerships/"deals" and serving as an ambassador: This is why I wanted Ron to contact me directly. What I was proposing was about as core a strategic partnership as you could get, and as core to the future health (or failure) of Mastercoin as you could get, at least on the development front (which is what this is, right? a software implementation of an idea). Definitely more important than forum software, and this is something that it would make sense for the CEO not to delegate, because it's exactly about "hiring the best team" above.
  • Structuring the budget in line with the strategic vision, and deciding how funds will be spent

Now this doesn't happen overnight. At my company, I had to learn (and am still learning) how to effectively do this....and as we ourselves are bootstrapped, I am growing into this role as our budget allows (i.e. hiring people to replace me, and training them how to do my job(s)...I'm 70% there). But, don't underestimate how important this is. This is the reason why many VC-backed tech startups boards fire their founders (I have oodles of examples here). It's also why many, many companies fail. And it's a contributing reason why one of my first big attempts at business failed, so I know it well. Smiley

Definitely not trying to be condescending with the above. This project just needs its perceptions shifted a bit in my 3rd party view.

-Robby

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rbdrbd

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:08:54 PM

I've been distracted fighting FUD all day on the Bitcoin Sub Reddit.

You guys spent $18,000 on a PR firm. Shouldn't they be handling fighting FUD. I would think that for $18,000 they should be willing to do this...

2. Folks are asking for a road map and plan. My understanding is that the Spec is our development road map. Starting with the Decentralized Exchange the idea is to offer a bounty for each of the features one by one (obviously some can be done in parallel) until all the features are built. I know the developers have estimated its going to take another 3 or 4 weeks to knock out the kinks in the current implementation.

Presumably it will take less time if we hire full-time developers!?!?!?!

3. Centralization. I'm highly in favor of DECENTRALIZATION. This is an open source project. The Mastercoin Foundation doesn't control this project and you are free to suggest anything you want to the developers and seek to develop consensus. You are free to build your own implementations, websites, suggest bounties on the Trello, in fact I encourage you too! Bitcoin is strong because it is decentralized, I'm seeking to build the same thing here. The less that requires the Foundation to do the better. If you have ways to hand off tasks your input is very welcome.

But ultimately the board has control over the funds,and since the board is disquietingly inactive on the MSC threads, where the community discusses what it wants to spend money on, this is not a trivial "detail".

We have all come a long way in a short amount of time. Lets keep pushing forward with development and take things to the next level.

I don't know how useful it is to point out that we've come a long way; it seems much more important that we have a long way to go with the most fundamental levels of management.

My thoughts exactly. Without a responsive face for the board working with the community and listening to the community, the community will not take this project seriously. And if the Mastercoin community itself doesn't take its own project seriously, why would the Bitcoin community or the general public take it seriously? As the community on this project, we *are* the investors. A CEO serves his investors/shareholders, and is graded on his performance in doing so.
bitexch

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:09:35 PM

My belief is that greatest solutions come from late night hacking, not externally hired people with 9-5 jobs, even if it's slower/less professional that way. The least thing I would like to see in Mastercoin is it being tied with some company that has it's momentum on architecture.

Whether "the greatest solutions come from late night hacking" shouldn't be what determines our decision whether or not to hire full-time developers (which again need not replace bounties, but supplement them). In a long-term project a sustained time commitment is absolutely essential, and while "some company that has it's moment on architecture" does indeed sound a lot less romantic than late night hacking, it may nevertheless be the better option.

Also, some (if not all) of our main developers and board members (ripper being the exception) have full-time jobs; for almost all of our major developer and employers Mastercoin is a side-job. So I don't know what you mean by "externally hired people" if you mean to contrast that with "internally hired people". If we got some full-time developers then, even if they have not been associated with Mastercoin up to this point, they would certainly be less "external" than most of the current people in power.

In my opinion, if $18,000 doesn't buy us someone with technical knowledge, this just means the board made a bad decision about which PR firm it hired. I would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

I think it's a good decision, it's not a huge sum for PR. And saying that I'm in no way connected to the BitAngels.

I believe there are 3 questions: (1) whether we need PR right now; (2) whether we got the right PR firm for our money; (3) whether we paid too much money for our PR firm. I was addressing (2) whereas you seem to be answering (1) and (3) affirmatively. Thus, regarding (2): Do you think it would have been better to have gotten a PR firm with technical competency, that way what time our board can devote to Mastercoin doesn't have to be devoted to "PR fights", or are you satisfied?
bitexch

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:22:16 PM

There should be at least one board member on the threads at all times - if only to speak on behalf of the board. As rbdrbd has said, a CEO serves his investors. It's unacceptable that we should have to wait several hours at a time in order to discuss questions of great importance to the project.

When we next have votes for board members, I think that we should require that they each be online and interactive for some minimum amount of time a day or week.
rbdrbd

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:24:13 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 03:01:57 PM by rbdrbd

A proposal like mastercoin daemon is a great idea, just if we can't it get running without some overcommitment from the Foundation, maybe it's not time for it yet. Call me naïf, but if someone would show up with some excellent implementation ready, wouldn't he be rewarded even without an upfront bounty? I would vote for him for sure. Heck I would even reward him with my own funds.

My belief is that greatest solutions come from late night hacking, not externally hired people with 9-5 jobs, even if it's slower/less professional that way. The least thing I would like to see in Mastercoin is it being tied with some company that has it's momentum on architecture.

Um, I was working on masterdaemon in my own time, without a dime of funding from the project. It wasn't "over-comitment" from the foundation, it was "no commitment".

Jesus guys, software development does not require an act of God. You just need to attract and motivate developers that believe in what you're doing (or who you pay to believe in what you're doing). Part of this is keeping great relationships with your community (i.e. investors), and at least giving the notion to listen and to care. And I am not talking about this "holiday weekend" -- I understand folks are busy with family now, but this has been a recurring theme among this project almost from the start.

I have about 5 solid days of work left in masterdaemon and I was doing it without the promise of the board awarding me with anything (or giving me any bounty) in return. I started it because as an investor, I saw the need and I felt that this project has the potential. So here you have a developer taking it upon himself to create one of the biggest needs mastercoin has at this time (based on the overwhelming approval for it from the community, see the poll at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344229), and *not once* was I contacted by any one from the board (although to his credit, Ron did leave a one or two liner in the forum post I made for it -- which helped out).

Here's my point guys, if you properly focus on and enable the freaking community, you will be amazed what happens. Look at colored coins...those guys are making commits all over the place (https://github.com/bitcoinx/ngcccbase/commits/master) without a budget. The money this foundation has is only the start. This is not about us thinking the board needs to work 24/7, it's about the time that they do spend on this project being put towards the right priorities, with having a responsive voice to the community being one of the biggest priorities (if not the biggest). If you get your community behind you with high morale, they will be happy to do a lot of the work you are doing yourself now, for you. The delegation will become natural. Again, look at Peercoin: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?board=36.0
bitexch

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:01:03 PM

On top of the - at best - opaque hiring process for the current board, I think that the delegation of tasks is quite ambiguous, and I would like to hear from the board what each member's duties are.

Ripper has gone so far as to say that JR should decide what "his 100%"is  when determining whether to work full-time (and by extension, presumably, all employees - I hope JR doesn't get special treatment in this respect); i.e. that employees should choose their own hours. But certain tasks require definite amounts of time, and so even if the each member of the board really was supposed to have specific duties (that is, he was hired as a board member *in order to serve a particular function*) this has most probably failed, as, most of them are otherwise committed full-time. The consequence is that the project has become less transparent than it ought to be, and also quite disorganized.

I think it is unnecessarily risky to assume that board members "will go that extra mile" in every case where it is necessary. Again, this is not a project in which one trades "play money" back and forth; our market capitalization is $100 million USD (and growing!). I think we need clear expectations of our board, and I think they should be discussed with and by the community.

Also, there are some silent members of the board. I would like to know why they were hired and how exactly they are contributing to the project.

djohnston has said the the current board is provisionary, and has called for another vote regarding board members. I am fully in favor of such a proposal and think that we should begin ASAP. What does everyone else think?
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 04:07:45 PM

While we are on the subject here is the Mastercoin Legal Repo is any wants to help improve it. We just started with a fork of the Bitcoin Foundation by laws. https://github.com/DavidJohnstonCEO/Mastercoin-Foundation-Legal-Repo

Will take a look when I wake up tomorrow Sunday morning.
The membership fees might be a tad too high at first glance.

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 04:41:17 PM

Where has JR been? Has he made any statements recently?
bitexch

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:55:55 PM

JR's last post was November 27, again to state his support of selling 5000 BTC for MSC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.msg3744409#msg3744409

While it is of course extraordinarily irresponsible for a member of the board to be unavailable for 5 days, JR nevertheless was explicit about his unavailability during the holidays:

For the record, according to this post, JR is "completely off the internet evenings, weekends, and vacations".

I find it more surprising that the other 6 members of board have been silent for over 6 hours. They should be engaged in a dialogue with us.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 04:57:24 PM

JR's last post was November 27, again to state his support of selling 5000 BTC for MSC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.msg3744409#msg3744409

While it is of course extraordinarily irresponsible for a member of the board to be unavailable for 5 days, JR nevertheless was explicit about his unavailability during the holidays:

For the record, according to this post, JR is "completely off the internet evenings, weekends, and vacations".

I find it more surprising that the other 6 members of board have been silent for over 6 hours. They should be engaged in a dialogue with us.

Thanks
Ola

Activity: 311

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:40:46 PM

Thanks for all the responses of the board members so far. But I think there is a critical point being missed here. Robby has offered his years of experience in software development,  experienced team, leadership skills, technical knowledge, experience in agile stream lined development and possibly a multitude of business portfolios and the general sentiment that I hear is that " a reference client is important" Huh?!can we be made aware of what the decision of the consideration of this proposal is? And I think its pretty clear that the community wants and need this proposal to be taken very seriously.

Robby have you recieved a phone call yet?? or is it still SILENCE?. This is the most altruistic proposal I have seen made business-wise. I will repost the proposal here again so that it becomes even more obvious:

Guys, here’s my pie in the sky proposal. I wanted to throw it out there as a starting point in how to get this project back on the tracks and moving forward. I invested time into this proposal, as well as discussing it with my business partner, so I would highly appreciate if someone from the board would take 10 minutes and speak to me directly about it, even if the answer is a "no".
---------------
I think we can pretty much all agree that the 900lb problem with things at the current point is that there is no dedicated dev team, and there is a lack of process control/procedure. The current devs we have have done a great job getting us to this point, but they are only working part time (due to their perfectly understandable need to sustain themselves and pay their bills). We sorely need a dedicated team that can work on the core part of Mastercoin, and serve as a lynchpin over which the community ecosystem can form.

Our background

I happen to be an entrepreneur that runs a 15-20 person company (exact size fluctuates and it’s been rapidly growing lately) that both provides services and software for medium to large enterprises. My company has a demonstrable and proven history -- which I can disclose at the proper time, if this gains interest -- in developing software products for numerous Fortune 100 companies and the government, and managed services that we sell for 400-600K per year per client, with very high quality and up-time requirements, and very stringent process control (we play with the big boys). We have a dedicated dev team of 3 developers, and around 10 other engineers. We are entirely self-funded and profitable, with no debt.

I have over 18 years of professional software development experience, and have experience building and running numerous development teams (both on-site and distributed). I have written and sold software and IP that is in use by companies like Samsung, Nestle Waters, US FAA, US DOD, Cisco, etc. (the latter being an actual Cisco product that I developed for them). My business partner, with whom I have worked with for over 14 years in a variety of capacities, is a Cisco CCIE with experience as a CTO for a 1000+ person company, as well as at a number of startups. We have been watching and have both formed quite an interest in virtual currencies.

The proposal

In the interests of taking action and keeping Mastercoin at the forefront, I’m going to put forward a somewhat aggressive proposal here to the community and the board. For the right incentive (which I will get into), we will do the following:

• Hire and incubate a small dev team. Probably start with one team of 2-5, then grow. I have a highly qualified dev I could assign over full-time from my ranks immediately (as well as another one I could enlist as-needed). I am also in touch with a highly talented bitcoin developer in the community that is interested, plus we could utilize the existing mastercoin developers if they are interested (Tachikoma, zathras, etc). My company has a talented in-house recruiter as well if we need to bring in other folks. The goal is NOT to take over mastercoin development, or shut out the current developers, but to give Mastercoin that dedicated "core-team-in-a-box" it needs at least at this time, to allow it to move forward. Like I said, existing developers are welcome to join, if full-time makes sense for them.
  • Dev team would utilize scrum (e.g. sprint.ly and github). I could serve as the team lead if the board and community desired. We could fold the PM that Ron is bringing on into this team, or if necessary assign one of our own existing PMs over to it.
  • We take my masterdaemon I'm working on, convert zathras or tachikoma's code to python and strap it in (or use the integration with zathras’ library itself that’s already built-in), and make that the reference client. It would work just like bitcoind for bitcoin -- docs in development are at http://masterdaemon.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html, code is on github).  Existing library development would continue as-is, but I believe the team needs a reference library/client to focus on at least for now, to avoid duplication of efforts (do not confuse this with me trying to pick favorites among the developers - the choice would be purely what makes the most technical and time sense)
  • The team will focus on this client/library and other core tools first, and whatever else makes sense second.
  • We would institute coding standards and QA standards, have 2-4 week dev cycles, burndown chart, community feedback procedures/policy to get and order items on the task backlog, etc.
  • We would also implement the recommendations killerstorm made (in our client and working in conjunction with the other devs). I noticed the same problems he did and they are good recommendations.
  • It would take probably around 3-4 weeks to get this in place if doing it full-time. I have a lot of it already done for our existing dev team.
  • A separate LLC would probably be formed to do this. Team salaries could be paid for from the existing Mastercoin fund, or we may even pay our own internal guys ourselves for this initial period, if the incentive was generous enough.
  • Our team would work off of the task list ordered by the community and the Mastercoin foundation members, in a democratic process. Beyond this, we would have final say over the running of our own team (as well as the people chosen). This is non-negotiable -- we need latitude to best run our team without a heap of politics -- let the performance speak for itself. However, what we work on is largely dictated by the community and board, and the Mastercoin foundation would of course be free to form a second dev team to work on complementary efforts, as they see fit. Our teams would coordinate via the PMs.

We actually specialize in getting into really messed up multi-million dollar projects/situations and getting a handle on them. I can point to several examples, with large hospital chains, commercial banks, etc. I have made all of these recommendations earlier, but it fell on deaf ears. I am bringing this up again now because I look at where this project is at, and straightening things out is something that could easily be handled with the right approach. We should have a bitcoin expert on the team, but beyond that, we can utilize developers with more commodity skillsets, since they will be building on standard interfaces such as JSON-RPC and SQL. We deal with this stuff every day, day in and day out.

What do we get out of it?

As part of doing this, we would commit to at least 6 months to 1 year of working on Mastercoin, and, upon the condition of this period being fulfilled, as well as multiple established milestones set by the community being reached during that period, our group would be entitled to some amount of MSC (and possibly BTC) from the dev MSC fund and/or JR as a reward. Depending on where things are at after this period, we can continue to move things along for much more modest pay, or collect our check and transition out of it -into the Mastercoin's foundations own dev teams and/or the community development community (which will be much more mature by that time, no doubt).

If there are any 3rd party devs on our team, a similar deal could be set up with them.

According to this link: http://mastercoin-explorer.com/addresses/15WrQhYhHts7jTMoGJ9rDCD12JuCTKy7MM

JR received around 53,000 mastercoins as a bonus alone (which, in itself is controversial to some members of the community – given he controlled the wallet he sent the funds to and thus had an arguably lower risk). Moreover, the Mastercoin dev fund will have 50-something thousand vesting on top of that. There is both ample Mastercoin and bitcoin here to carry this out and ensure that that Mastercoin retains and grows value in the long run. JR will still have way too many mastercoins (Wink) and the community gets a solid effort with a good chance of success.

As entrepreneurs, we are motivated by upside. This is risky, and I am potentially putting the health of my company up for grabs because I so believe in this idea. Thus, I want a large upside.

Benefits

The benefit from the community is clear:

• A dedicated dev team backed by individuals with proven experience is immediately formed
  • The team quickly moves forward on keeping Mastercoin’s first-mover advantage
  • If the team does not perform, it does not get paid
  • The risk to the community is quite low (definitely much lower than the alternative of doing nothing)
  • The community retains say over the order of features implemented, and the general development direction of Mastercoin

At the right time (i.e. if the board is interested in this proposal), I would be open to naming my company, and allowing the community to look us up.

-Robby

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
jquinn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:00:11 PM

completely off the internet evenings, weekends, and vacations

Yes this is a little concerning. It seems like there's a lot of "well we'll see what JR says on this," yet answering questions or dealing with mastercoin is clearly not a priority of his. I'm not blaming the man at all...it's understandable if he has other priorities like family. But I think it creates a lot of uncertainty amongst investors when he's perpetually in this state of limbo, where we don't know ultimately what his contribution to the project will be.

If Rob's business is what he says it is then it seems like those resources would be crucial to staying ahead of the competition and getting the project off the ground. Hell, what's to stop him from starting mastercoin 2 and leveraging all the human capital to which he already has access?
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:24:25 PM

lets get robby on board,
DGulari
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

KawBet.com - Anonymous Bitcoin Casino & Sportsbook

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:47:22 PM

Yes this is a little concerning. It seems like there's a lot of "well we'll see what JR says on this," yet answering questions or dealing with mastercoin is clearly not a priority of his.

Mastercoin is a priority of his.  Providing answers to foolish internet trolls who think they are due an explanation because they invested their entire allowance this week on Mastercoin - isn't a priority of his.  The reason you all can be sure JR is a stand up guy taking thing seriously, is because he is not in an internet forum providing answers to dumb asses.  That is precisely why I am very worried about this Johnson character who seems like a total rookie getting in a shit slinging fight with Killerstorm - the shithead who started all of this because his Colored Coins isn't as popular as Mastercoin. 

. .KawBet . .
BITCOIN CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
|               ____
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦              ¯¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦__    __    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¯¯  _¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    _    ¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯    ¯¯¯    ¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦                ¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
         ¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯

UP
TO
7BTC
WELCOME
BONUS
|
        ¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
    _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
   _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
  _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
           ¦¦¦¦¦¯
          ¦¦¦¦¦
         ¦¦¦¦¦
    ¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
    ¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
      ¦¦¦¦¦¯
      ¯¦¦¯

EASY DEPOSIT
FAST WITHDRAWAL
|
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
      ¦                        ¦
    ¦     ¦¦¦¦  ¦    ¦     ¦
  ¦             ¦  ¦    ¦       ¦
¦         ¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦         ¦
¦         ¦              ¦         ¦
¦         ¦¦¦¦                   ¦
  ¦                                ¦¦
    ¦         ¦  ¦  ¦         ¦¦¦
      ¦                         ¦¦¦¦
        ¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯          ¯¯
24H
LIVE
SUPPORT
|

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦

NO KYC
REQUIRED
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 06:52:04 PM

lets get robby on board,

I've asked the board twice today. Time please.
jquinn

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:17:51 PM

Yes this is a little concerning. It seems like there's a lot of "well we'll see what JR says on this," yet answering questions or dealing with mastercoin is clearly not a priority of his.

Mastercoin is a priority of his.  Providing answers to foolish internet trolls who think they are due an explanation because they invested their entire allowance this week on Mastercoin - isn't a priority of his.  The reason you all can be sure JR is a stand up guy taking thing seriously, is because he is not in an internet forum providing answers to dumb asses.  That is precisely why I am very worried about this Johnson character who seems like a total rookie getting in a shit slinging fight with Killerstorm - the shithead who started all of this because his Colored Coins isn't as popular as Mastercoin. 

The man said himself, he's off the internet evenings, weekends, and vacations. The rest of the time he has a full time job. How does that equate to mastercoin being a priority? Let's be honest here.

The questions being asked are legitimate regardless of how much someone invested. If you're saying that JR or other board members shouldn't be obligated to engage every single person leaving comments on a mastercoin thread then of course I agree, they'd never be able to get anything else done. But by leaving such an incredibly arrogant and condescending comment you are alienating the masses of MSC investors who are crucial to your success.

the shithead who started all of this because his Colored Coins isn't as popular as Mastercoin.

Popular? I'm more worried about long term viability. There's a lot of competition out there. All emotional spats aside, the BTC is going to flow to the project that out competes others and has a promising future.
djohnston

Activity: 114

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:07:09 PM

FYI I've sent a message to Robby asking when he is available to talk.

I've given him all my contact info and asked for him to give me a ring. I gave him my earlier in an email thread, but maybe he missed that note.

I've given him my calendar link so he can book my schedule if he wants.

I'm really excited about what he is doing, as I've stated before and I'm sure the Foundation will want to support his efforts, I haven't heard any objections from anyone.

You guys know if you want to add a bounty you can do so on the Trello board right?

Ron isn't the only one that gets to post there, its for the whole community.

https://trello.com/mastercoin

Talk to you soon Robby : )

“The state is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else.” ― Frédéric Bastiat
bitlo

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:20:07 PM

This is a multi-million dollar project, and here everyone is bickering and complaining for the last 6 pages in this thread. How about we spend less time pointing fingers and more time coming up with a solution?
djohnston

Activity: 114

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:22:11 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 09:07:23 PM by djohnston

Ok, so I've read all the messages on the thread and I HEAR YOU GUYS.

I heard you so load and clear that I stayed up until 6 a.m. last night and hacked together something I think is sorely needed for the Mastercoin project.

Let me present to you the new MastercoinFoundation.org website.
http://www.mastercoinfoundation.org/

Want to get involved in the Mastercoin project or engage the Foundation? Then this is your hub of information for how to do it.

Want to add a bounty?
The Trello link is there: https://trello.com/mastercoin

Want to check the Role Based Bounty list or suggest someone?
The Google Doc link is there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AosWigpBxkwZdHhBaUtTZV9MWUpMVWV6U3VJV1RPbmc&usp=sharing

Want to check the Mastercoin Dev MSC Ledger?
The Google Doc link is there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtCyUJvk_IyNdGpVcnpBN2tOczFmbVRnck5TWjZuRFE&usp=sharing

Want to know all the funding authorization levels of the Foundation work?
The Google Doc link is there: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D5_fX3kiE0FyjmZt6p2r_UZe4cdmu9Vb4eAMVpZUxk0/edit?usp=sharing

Want to see a consolidated list of the Mastercoin Bounties, links, and their funding amount?
The Google Doc link is there:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4jU8zZGkl6dGExaXlvVGc3c1M1bUtWVnM1bzhCc2c&usp=sharing

Want to know what the Dev Generation Rate is?
The Google Doc link is there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmR_eSvAkuXSdDI3Y1JnVjFvUDBXOWZiZl8zZ2Rkamc&usp=sharing

Want to check the latest paid bounties and expenses for the Mastercoin Foundation?
The Google Doc link is there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtCyUJvk_IyNdGpVcnpBN2tOczFmbVRnck5TWjZuRFE&usp=sharing

What to know the history of Mastercoin?
The link is there: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qklj8K7V3lgtXQRr4w7cqbunEfZUNMcoybNFocx3voA/edit?usp=sharing

Want to contact a Board Member?
I've linked all their Linkedin profiles (to their picture) and added Bitcointalk names for those I know.
David Johnston - Board Member
Ron Gross - Executive Director
J.R. Willett - The Protocol Guy
Sam Yilmaz - Board Member
Jonathan Yantis - Board Member
Brock Pierce - Board Member
Antony Vo - Board Member

Want to contact a Team Member?
I've linked all their Linkedin profiles (to their picture) and added Bitcointalk names for those I know.
Taariq Lewis - Smart Property Lead
Dominik Zynis - Communications Lead
Michael Terpin - Media Lead
Matt Elias - Legal / Regulatory Advisor Search Lead
Aric Fedida - Forums, Email, All Around IT Lead
Nikos Bentenitis - Mastercoin Education Lead
Bo Shen - China / International Lead

Want to contact the whole team directly?
There is a contact us box that goes directly to all of our emails.

Have a Mastercoin "emergency"?
Then I've even listed my phone number that goes directly to my cell and the link to my schedule if its not an emergency.
"Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in working with the foundation. Have an emergency or something really really urgent? Here is the personal phone number of David A. Johnston: 443-285-9111
If it is not an emergency here is the link to his calendar: Meetme.so/DavidJohnston or if you prefer Skype: DavidAJohnstonCEO is his username."

Want to follow along on social media?
The links to Facebook and Twitter are there:
https://www.facebook.com/mastercoinfoundation
https://twitter.com/MSCProtocol

Hopefully access to all of this information and more direct access to the people you want to talk with to get things done, will be extremely helpful with removing the Foundation at as bottle neck.

Didn't see a resource on the list you wanted to see? Just PM me and I'll see what I can do to get it up there.

Also PLEASE feel free to create your own community content such as a Google Doc with a list of candidates for the next Board Election and I'll be more than happy to post it on the website : )

David A. Johnston Board Member

“The state is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else.” ― Frédéric Bastiat
drdops

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:50:37 PM

Thanks. I for one appreciate the time you spent putting this together. Great work! Smiley

spotted a typo here on this line (Im sure you were boggle eyed tired!)
All budget items, board minutes, Dev MSC vesting schedule, and bounties are pulbic record and available to anyone.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: