Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:23:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:07:30 PM

well excellent it would seem nxt and mastercoin are both dead now  Shocked

What?

The DEx is now live (we waited for block number 290630 which was supposed to arrive at midnight, but ended up a bit late).
Please check out the wallets on mastercoinwallets.org - the orderbook at masterchest.info already shows some sell orders.

I have a big blog post ready that will be released later today to celebrate the DEx.
The one piece of info that the post is waiting for is a video tutorial for masterchest wallet, that should be ready a bit later today.

Midnight where?

It is already released and active.

Lol really
Champagne!

Edit
-4%
 Undecided

Give it some time Smiley There will be a tutorial video very soon (Today).

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:24:26 PM

Just tried getting the web wallet going and my head turned inside out. UI upgrade needs to be a priority  Undecided

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
mercury

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:19:13 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 10:05:14 PM by mercury

Just tried getting the web wallet going and my head turned inside out. UI upgrade needs to be a priority  Undecided

There are two video tutorials for the Masterchain web wallet:
http://masterprotocoleducation.org/?s=masterchain

For the Masterchest windows wallet here:
http://masterprotocoleducation.org/how-to-install-the-masterchest-windows-wallet/
bitexch

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:18:45 AM

Neither of the Masterchain web wallet tutorials addresses my question: when I click "Create new wallet", I only get a "Wallet UUID", but no private key. I also don't see the option of creating addresses. Am I missing something?
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:24:10 AM

Neither of the Masterchain web wallet tutorials addresses my question: when I click "Create new wallet", I only get a "Wallet UUID", but no private key. I also don't see the option of creating addresses. Am I missing something?

This part is really confusing as shit. They need to change this and make it more intuitive.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

bitexch

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:26:10 AM

This part is really confusing as shit. They need to change this and make it more intuitive.

It looks like you can't actually create a wallet on masterchain.info, you can only enter the private key every time you want to buy MSC. Also, it looks like you can't store any MSC or BTC or masterchain.info, right?
zbx

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:06:38 AM

It looks like you can't actually create a wallet on masterchain.info, you can only enter the private key every time you want to buy MSC. Also, it looks like you can't store any MSC or BTC or masterchain.info, right?

But can you sell MSC on masterchain.info? And is the signing done client-side?
lebing
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:15:23 AM

Just tried getting the web wallet going and my head turned inside out. UI upgrade needs to be a priority  Undecided

There are two video tutorials for the Masterchain web wallet:
http://masterprotocoleducation.org/?s=masterchain

For the Masterchest windows wallet here:
http://masterprotocoleducation.org/how-to-install-the-masterchest-windows-wallet/

Do we want people to be using this yet? If so, this finding stuff on random sites around the internet is not going to work. It needs to be easy to find, understand and use. Is there noone in the marketing side of the project yet?

-E Voorhees
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:22:26 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 10:24:48 AM by bitwhizz

i agree,
the web wallet needs to be more intuitive,

2 factor authentication would be good too, for security reasons, if holding mastercoins on the webwallet

and i think perhaps to even log in to master chain wallet, a UUID and Password is needed, as appose to accessing straight into a wallet, maybe i am used to wallets like blockchain.info, which is the reason i am suggesting this, howeever i think it would feel safer to use
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 10:59:27 AM

Just tried getting the web wallet going and my head turned inside out. UI upgrade needs to be a priority  Undecided

I said this on multiple thread - I completely agree, our currency UI is far from intuitive.
Cross board UI improvements are in the works, both short term (weeks) and long terms (months).
(You can see our roadmap here)

I just want to comment that masterchain does allow you to add addresses to your account, in a way that you don't need to input the private key on each transaction ... but there are a few gotchas there. Omniwallet is our flagship project that is targeted to reach or surpass the level of usability you can expect from Coinbase ... it's in alpha testing now and is not ready yet for general use.

You are welcome to contact Yuval our resident UX expert with any suggestions at yuval@mastercoin.org.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 11:00:01 AM

You are welcome to contact Yuval our resident UX expert with any suggestions at yuval@mastercoin.org.

And feel free to add me (ron@mastercoin.org) to any such correspondence.

dminer69

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:12:49 PM

How can i mine this coin???
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:15:41 PM

How can i mine this coin???

You can't, it's a PoS coin.

Just buy it : https://masterxchange.com/
bitexch

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:28:29 PM

I said this on multiple thread - I completely agree, our currency UI is far from intuitive.
Cross board UI improvements are in the works, both short term (weeks) and long terms (months).

I just want to comment that masterchain does allow you to add addresses to your account, in a way that you don't need to input the private key on each transaction ... but there are a few gotchas there. Omniwallet is our flagship project that is targeted to reach or surpass the level of usability you can expect from Coinbase ... it's in alpha testing now and is not ready yet for general use.

Can you explain how to add addresses to your account? I feel that a written explanation would be very useful, because right now the Table of Addresses is blank, and I don't see any button that says "add addresses" anywhere.

Is the plan to allow both sellers *and* buyers of MSC to construct orders, or only sellers? I think right now the way the distributed exchange works will probably discourage buyers from using it, since only sellers get to choose the terms of their orders.

Also, since you're not given a private password when you create a Wallet UUID, I don't see how you can login to your wallet? Or am I missing something?
lebing
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:37:17 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 12:54:51 PM by lebing

Ok, thanks Ron. I see that you are addressing this in the wallet upgrades this quarter. I would also suggest that the mastercoin.org homepage create a step by step tutorial to get people using the DEX along with a comprehensive storyboard on the homepage which explains what Mastercoin is, how it works and why people would want to use it.

-E Voorhees
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:46:01 PM

Can you explain how to add addresses to your account? I feel that a written explanation would be very useful, because right now the Table of Addresses is blank, and I don't see any button that says "add addresses" anywhere.

Check out the video tutorials here:

http://masterprotocoleducation.org/tag/masterchain-info/

Is the plan to allow both sellers *and* buyers of MSC to construct orders, or only sellers? I think right now the way the distributed exchange works will probably discourage buyers from using it, since only sellers get to choose the terms of their orders.

Unfortunately this is not possible (or at least nobody has figured out a way to do this).

I added an entry to our FAQ about this

This is due to a technical limitation at the protocol level, for which there is no known solution.

In order to place 'MSC buy' orders (which are actually 'BTC sell' orders), you would have to commit sending BTC to the seller after he sends you the MSC. Because one side of the trade (sending BTC) does not use the Master Protocol, there is no way to enforce it to uphold its commitment.

See https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec#distributed-exchange

bitexch

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:54:21 PM

Check out the video tutorials here:

http://masterprotocoleducation.org/tag/masterchain-info/

Unfortunately this is not possible (or at least nobody has figured out a way to do this).

This is due to a technical limitation at the protocol level, for which there is no known solution.

In order to place 'MSC buy' orders (which are actually 'BTC sell' orders), you would have to commit sending BTC to the seller after he sends you the MSC. Because one side of the trade (sending BTC) does not use the Master Protocol, there is no way to enforce it to uphold its commitment.

OK, but based on those videos, it does not look like there is a real "wallet" on Masterchain.info, right? Because as far as I can tell, there isn't a login button, is there? How do you access your wallet after you have closed your browser? Because you're not given or asked to enter a password for your Wallet UUID.
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:56:24 PM

Also, it's worth mentioning that the DEx between MSC and other MSC-derived currency will be much simpler, and will contain a traditional bi-directional orderbook.

I believe that the BTC<->MSC DEx will be useful for buyers who are looking for large liquidity that may not exist on other exchanges, and for buyers who do not wish to trust cnetralized exchanges.

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:00:29 PM

OK, but based on those videos, it does not look like there is a real "wallet" on Masterchain.info, right? Because as far as I can tell, there isn't a login button, is there? How do you access your wallet after you have closed your browser? Because you're not given or asked to enter a password for your Wallet UUID.

True, true*

This is why we're working heavily on Omniwallet (test server here, feedback welcome). Note that the Omni isn't production grade yet, but is making very fast progress. We will update more on Omni over the next few weeks.

* I believe Grazcoin and Grimentz may also have some usability improvements planned for masterchain.

bitexch

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:31:02 PM

True, true*

This is why we're working heavily on Omniwallet (test server here, feedback welcome). Note that the Omni isn't production grade yet, but is making very fast progress. We will update more on Omni over the next few weeks.

* I believe Grazcoin and Grimentz may also have some usability improvements planned for masterchain.

Alright, it's pretty disappointing that after so many months that still isn't an easy to use wallet. What's the ETA for an alpha release of Omniwallet?
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: