Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Litecoin (LTC) Founder Charlie Lee Sold All His Litecoins ?  (Read 190 times)
croptodic (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:35:39 AM

I do not understand why Litecoin (LTC) Founder Charlie Lee Sold All His Litecoins ?
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:37:23 AM

His excuse was that so whatever he says doesn't influence the price any more but that is stupid.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:43:36 AM

I do not understand why Litecoin (LTC) Founder Charlie Lee Sold All His Litecoins ?

He is not influeciating the market that much, when he dumped all his litecoins the price dropped only by $10, and that is a huge notice.

Just imagine if Satoshi does the same, the price will crash from $15k to $5k as an example.
asexypotato

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:44:41 AM

I read by himself just to be taken off the LTC pump ... there was many people saying he was behind the price fluctation.
I don't think he made the right move by selling them.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:06:08 AM

he sold them to his brother bobby lee

so now he can say and do what he wants and hot get busted for insider trading

smart move

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:24:13 AM

Read this news and that gives you a lot of knowledge how charlie sold all of his crypto holdings. But sounds senseless to mine. My thought that there is another reason behind it. It looks a lot of competitor to the litecoin from the bitcoin hardfork. That makes litecoin will be so difficult to grow. It's my important thing.

Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:02:06 AM

He told that he sold all his coins because he wanna focus on developing Litecoin. However I dont think that. He sell his coins when the price is high and he got money very much. Dont believe what richers say
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:06:33 AM

I have read on a website that he says that he invested some in Bitcoin Cash. He may have already sold his Bitcoin Cash when it was worth more than $4000.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:35:24 AM

Perhaps he created them only for that aim for to sell them more profitable. Such manipulation certainly paid off for him as we can judge at the cost of LTC now. But it seems to me that it will serve as an impetus to the rest who will sell their savings ...
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:47:08 AM

If you are a founder of a big company for example coca cola if you sold ll your shares the company wont survive the next person behind you will handle the company and you wont be part of it anymore,why would he do that? just for marketing strategy because he wanst you to sell your coins and he will buy it back after dont be fooled with a businessman's words.

emmmmm

Activity: 210

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:48:47 AM

He made an excuse that holding LTC would affect price fluctuations, but I was afraid that the next LTC would lose his technical support, and the impact would be huge.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:49:02 AM

He told that he sold all his coins because he wanna focus on developing Litecoin. However I dont think that. He sell his coins when the price is high and he got money very much. Dont believe what richers say

This clearly has some point for him to get nice returns, but if he believes in litecoin why would he sell it. In my mind thing that pops up is that he prob sold his coins or at least told us that he sold because he don't want to be seen as person who influence the price of crypto currency to take profit, since he is good member of crypto community that is well known.

Lets look what Roger Ver is doing for instance he bought BCH with BTC and is now pumping BCH, don't believe me? Check it for yourself on news or what ever he talks about. I do believe that Charlee don't want to be seen as just another influence that is doing everything for profit but that he is developing litecoin and helping out crypto community for other meaning. If he needs money in future I do believe that people will be more than happy to donate him, including myself for work and effort he had put into this community.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:40:07 PM

My point of view - charlie sol it cause bitcoin can enter the long correction. As we know there is no alt which dont react to bitcoin's movements(excluding tether). So I think Charlie knows more than we can imagine

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
DonaldTramponald

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:56:33 PM

Thanks to the sale of the entrepreneur litecoin Charlie Lee can avoid conflict of interests that can provoke his statements regarding the price of the cryptocurrency.
Read more here: https://2bitcoins.ru/zachem-charli-li-prodal-vse-svoi-lajtkoiny/

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:01:30 PM

His excuse was that so whatever he says doesn't influence the price any more but that is stupid.

He sold because the price was at an all time high and he doesn't see any future in Litecoin so there was no point holding on to the coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
RavRider

Activity: 189

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:07:06 PM

I think the same. He sold his coins at the alltime high, so he made a lot of money. But i also think that he want to develop litecoin. Now he got enough money, and he dont have to care about money. When you dont have to care about money, you can work much better without the pressure.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:20:49 PM

To be sincere I don't believe him unless you want to quit the project finally, it is just like Vitalik saying he has sold all his Ethereum token, maybe his April fool came late this year
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:21:35 PM

Maybe he has realised that the crypto crazyness may not last forever and he wanted to be sure to cash out and solve his problems forever ! Cheesy

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: