Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you mean when you say Bitcoin is number 1  (Read 4221 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 12:57:43 PM

We are entering an era of multiple digital currencies, and many of them will survive. Bitcoin is certain to be one of them, but it can't be number one for every factor. Where do you think Bitcoin will stay as number 1

• Store of value
  • Services in addition to simple money transfer
  • Convenience
  • Security
  • Investment/speculation
  • Safe transfer speed
  • Privacy
  • Freedom from globalist control
  • Other

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:12:05 PM

We are entering an era of multiple digital currencies, and many of them will survive. Bitcoin is certain to be one of them, but it can't be number one for every factor. Where do you think Bitcoin will stay as number 1

• Store of value
  • Convenience
  • Security
  • Investment/speculation
  • Safe transfer speed
  • Privacy
  • Other
For my own opinion,Bitcoin is the number 1 in terms of Store of Value,Services in money transfer,Convenience,Security,Investment and etc because all of these things are contained in bitcoin.We all know that bitcoin is most popular when it comes in investment and etc.So people will choose the most popular cryptocurrency so bitcoin become number 1.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:35:00 PM

I dont so detail like you said above. I siad bitcoin is number just because its popularity and value so high.
I also said that because the marketcap of bitcoin is in the top.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:39:03 PM

• Store of value
  • Convenience
  • Security
  • Investment/speculation
  • Safe transfer speed
  • Privacy
  • Other

Bitcoin for me is number one since it is only bitcoin that has a fiat exchanger all over the world. Also bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency that is used to purchase or trade with all other altcoins. Though Ethereum, Monero, Doge, Litecon and Dash can be used but there are exchanges that only accepts bitcoin and none other.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
GREATLOVE

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

• Store of value
  • Convenience
  • Security
  • Investment/speculation
  • Safe transfer speed
  • Privacy
  • Other
Above All That was all I know. Bitcoin is number 1 because it is store of value, it is services in addition to simply money transfer and etc.
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:38:07 PM

In terms of store of value, security, and privacy, Bitcoin do have a good track record, resilient/robust system. Bitcoin as a tool for freedom from globalist control, this is happening at a very small scale. We have seen people belonging to repressed hyperinflated economies turning to Bitcoin. IMO Bitcoin is being treated as a speculative asset by those who don't see Bitcoin's potential value as an alternative to the fiat system. Convenient medium of exchange, this is where Bitcoin is lacking now. If Bitcoin needs to go mainstream then it would need to have more user-friendly applications. Bitcoin can be a store of value/safe haven asset in times of financial crisis, but is Bitcoin going mainstream dependent on such events? No. Bitcoin being a decentralized, permissionless, censorship resistance global system has something to offer to everybody. Speculators who are in for the quick buck see Bitcoin only as a tool to boost their earnings so apart from the money factor there needs to be something for them to use Bitcoin, something that the existing technologies/products aren't offering.

I opt for freedom from globalist control and that can be only achieved through all the above factors.
pginvest

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:43:15 PM

Bitcoin has a significant advantage being the pioneer in the space and capturing first mover advantage. It is also far ahead in recognition to many other digital currencies in all the areas you highlighted. I think it will evolve over time to maintain its position because many people are involved in the community and this is really above everything else what powers it - the number and dedication of the people involved.

Am I spamming? Report me!
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:46:47 PM

I would say that bitcoin is number one in everything that you have mentioned except in privacy and transaction speed. This is something that could be discussed because bitcoin is not so private anymore as is used to be at the begininig and there are some other coins that are in front of it, like Monero. But on every other feature it has so many advantages that at the moment no other coin can't take its place.

malaj
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 03:51:11 PM

• Store of value
  • Convenience
  • Security
  • Investment/speculation
  • Safe transfer speed
  • Privacy
  • Other

i think basically the only point that we should think is of two essential needs. One thing that comes to mind first is its value wherein it has eclipsed and has passed a lot of milestones. Second is its longevity that has also been beyond the expectations

1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:57:23 PM

It's #1 only for speculation so it has store of wealth value for now.

The fact it now used by crypto exchanges to value all other crypto makes it #1 value.

It will never be used by many for cheap fast transactions.

As long as some tech gods like it, it will have value.

It's not a company and has no way to monetize concept of blockchain or public ledger.

It's actually a toy system if you try to scale for millions of transactions if not billions that a mass use crypto would need.

Only way to scale that big is a centralized closed network.

The idea that thousands of nodes could ever tract a high percentage of financial transaction at the same time is humorous.

Only way a huge company like Visa or amex can do it is rotating out transactions after short time.

Think about it, every transaction ever done with BTC is in the public ledger.

Now if 1 billion used it, you have any idea of the data load the ledger would have.

Lol

I laugh every time I see someone say people will adopt it for daily use.

Hell would freeze over first.

Yet if enough tech guys or whom ever equate value to the 21 million coins, they will have value, and to move around large wealth it could work.

But a global network used by 1 billion doing 1 billion transactions a day, it will never do that.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:59:12 PM

• Store of value
  • Convenience
  • Security
  • Investment/speculation
  • Safe transfer speed
  • Privacy
  • Other

Store of value is extremely important property which is often overlooked. Sure, altcoins can process 8 times more transactions per second than BTC (which is nothing in the long run), but would you want to actually store your wealth in them if they are so volatile, untested and centralized? After all, you can just stick to banks and most of the time your money will be safe, so why bother with alts? There's really no competition here for Bitcoin.

Bitcoin was rarely used as money even when fees were low - most of transaction traffic was always created by trading, and many of Bitcoin spending were actually going through Bitpay or other proxies, which is pretty bad for Bitcoin adoption. So, there's still plenty of time for new stuff like Lightning Network before actual merchant adoption will begin worldwide, and there are other factors like volatility and legalization that are preventing cryptocurrencies from being used as mediums of exchange. So, unless alts will roll out their own real scalability solutions, Bitcoin will probably be number one here too.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:13:59 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 07:33:36 PM by Snub

Bitcoin will be always number 1 , because he is the first crypto currency and certainly the most powerful. There were many new cryptocurrencies, but not all stayed. And he always holds the highest positions in everything and I am sure that this will always be.
hedgegrey

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:17:21 PM

Investment opportunities that are caused by world-wide hype. The technology itself is not as promising as Etherum`s, which I consider to be #1 in the future.
aji567

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:18:35 PM

Bitcoin number 1 because the price is very volatile and very profitable for those who have many bitcoin.bitcoin is the first coin in the world cryptocurreny released in 2009.
pwchan001

Activity: 118
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:21:22 PM

I think bitcoin is without doubt number one when it comes to store of value and investment because as far as I have observed, whenever it experiences a big drop in its price, it will soon recover and sometimes even rise to new high. However, when it comes to convenience, security, transfer speed and privacy, you can always find an altcoin which is better than it.

Welcome to feeless future! (https://discord.gg/tdN4ue6)
heringasem

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:22:15 PM

That it will always be the number one because it has been the first crypto that has been introduced in the market, and there is no other way to explain it, almost all the other altcoins are purely based on bitcoin technology.

sabrikks

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 04:23:01 PM

really none of the above choices, I think it's number one because of it's popularity and it's pionner, most of people how doesn't know about cryptocurrency have heard of bitcoin at least once.
And when you see the whole crypto market move with bitcoin it's fair to say it's number 1

newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:23:36 PM

Where do you think Bitcoin will stay as number 1

Store of value - Number 1
Services in addition to simple money transfer  - Number 1
Convenience  - Number 1
Security  - Number 1
Investment/speculation Not sure its risky
Safe transfer speed - its better than normal transfer
Privacy -   - Number 1
Freedom from globalist control -   - Number 1

Because bitcoin is started in 2010 year and after 7 years price of bitcoins reached 16000 usd what after next 7 years ?
We know the answer supply is limited and Demand is high Thats why bitcoin is Still at number one position. Bitcoin is king of all coins with highest market cap and free publicity by media of different countries by different ways. Big celebrity and rich person also invest in this and earn lot of usd dollars and still earning thats why bitcoin is no. 1
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:47:04 PM

• Store of value
  • Convenience
  • Security
  • Investment/speculation
  • Safe transfer speed
  • Privacy
  • Other
Lets be honest here in current status of Bitcoin it struggles to give all of us the fast confirmation time and low transaction fees that it should be doing but Bitcoin is definitely still the leading cryptocurrency when it comes to store of value compared to other cryptocurrency that can easily manipulated by group of big investors. There is no doubt that it is the most secured cryptocurrency since it uses proof of work algorithm, It gives anonymity to all of its users (but can also be traced if you use exchanges). And lastly the best cryptocurrency to invest that will surely gives investors huge profit in a long run.
sparveenat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:51:35 PM

What ever mentioned in your subject is in my point of view and the observation all is number one with bitcoin. As anybody can see the fact sheet of bitcoin which having a very great and practical growth record and created the expectation of more success a head.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: