Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:49:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is B2X a scam ?  (Read 1224 times)
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:33:06 PM

I dont know if its scam or not but i have joined its airdrop and didnt receive the coin yet as promised. So fingers crossed.
T_Power

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:55:17 AM

Hello adamhiggins82,

The trades going on at Yobit, are from the forked B2X balances that the people had of BTC at the time of the fork.
No one can get a DEPOSIT address yet, until Yobit makes it available.

Your mining B2X coins must be kept in your own wallet, or pool wallet, until the exchanges open deposits.

So if you had no BTC in Yobit at the time of the fork, you can't join in the trading just yet. Smiley

Regards,
Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:35:46 AM

Today this B2X hard fork has launched: http://b2x-segwit.io

But they are not the same people behind Bitcoin Core , and there are just a bunch of exchanges that support that, and that suggests me this is not the official  fork.

So we are going to have 2 different Segwit2x currencies ?

And most important: if we have BTC on our local wallet, how can we claim these B2X ?
There seems not to be any info.

If Yobit and HitBTC were able to automatically give B2X to BTC holders today, we must be able to claim B2X manually by ourselves as well, as the
 claim procedure should be the same for anyone who has a private key.
I haven't heard about the fork of bitcoin recently. The fork of B2X is just a fake fork. It's not a fork of the original team. What's the use?
_SegWit2x_
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:40:40 AM

There is a claim website but I am not putting my codes in until I find out if this is legit or not.

b2x-claim.io

It’s on their tweets. They haven’t replied in 10 hours. Disappointing.

Use official website ONLY. http://b2x-segwit.io
moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:44:31 PM

For those who care about B2X, you might be interested in this article:
https://www.coindesk.com/suspended-not-abandoned-jeff-garzik-reworking-segwit2x-code/
It is not the one OP is talking about though.
MISS_nSTASSY

Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:09:11 PM

Yep, kinda scam, too many controversial information about this coin(token, I dont know) to be uncouth, so this is only hype on the name and possibility for some person to get on exchange without paying fees. Nothing else to focus on

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
adamhiggins82

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:58:00 PM

Hello adamhiggins82,

The trades going on at Yobit, are from the forked B2X balances that the people had of BTC at the time of the fork.

Your mining B2X coins must be kept in your own wallet, or pool wallet, until the exchanges open deposits.

So if you had no BTC in Yobit at the time of the fork, you can't join in the trading just yet. Smiley

Regards,

Thanks T-power hopefully i can sell soon, is it still worth mining it then would you say?
cheers
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:05:50 PM

Yes ther is a scame group with the name b2x but the real SegWit2x is a real fork not a scam
Tha scame coin traded in etherdelta

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
RoadToBTC

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:08:58 PM

many of those who want to make money fast, when they are for, they leave the job they are supposed to be doing. it's all because of money, lots of new project modes that I think are potentially a scam. from the clarity of website websites, whitepaper, they do not even have it.
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 08:12:36 PM

the token on etherdelta his ex name is b2bx after cancel of segwit2x they rename it to b1x as i know and its not a scam

Free palestine
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:15:49 PM

Too litle amount of exchanges supported it (Yobit and HitBTC from famous ones). It is just another shitfork of Bitcoin.

adamhiggins82

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:45:27 PM

is there anywhere i can load up what i have now to sell that anyone knows of?
moonriver

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:23:19 AM

Yes ther is a scame group with the name b2x but the real SegWit2x is a real fork not a scam
Tha scame coin traded in etherdelta
I am not aware of that.
I was thinking Etherdelta only support ERC20 tokens.
Since when did Etherdelta support bitcoin fork?
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:40:05 AM

B2X has been dumped since the hype caused by the revival announcement.
We are now aware that the team behind this fork has nothing to do with the previous one.
If this team can deliver something wonderful, I won't call it a scam.
Duelyst

Activity: 490
Merit: 15

PARKRES Community Manager

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:45:06 AM

But they are not the same people behind Bitcoin Core , and there are just a bunch of exchanges that support that, and that suggests me this is not the official  fork.

And most important: if we have BTC on our local wallet, how can we claim these B2X ?

If Yobit and HitBTC were able to automatically give B2X to BTC holders today, we must be able to claim B2X manually by ourselves as well, as the
B2X is the Original chain of BTC and that is listed as BTC also, bitfinex is rhe largest bitcoin exchange in the world by trading volume.
adamhiggins82

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:33:45 AM

B2X is the Original chain of BTC and that is listed as BTC also, bitfinex is rhe largest bitcoin exchange in the world by trading volume.

so are you saying it can be sent somewhere now to be exchanged?
QFT

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:53:53 PM

I don't think exchanges are going to list this, it's just a group of people with newbie accounts trying to claim to be the segwitx2 fork. This won't go far, unoriginal and just feels wrong.
moonriver

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:38:27 AM

I don't think exchanges are going to list this, it's just a group of people with newbie accounts trying to claim to be the segwitx2 fork. This won't go far, unoriginal and just feels wrong.

It is probably the case.
The fork happened a long time ago, only listed on two exchanges.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:23:19 AM

Hello adamhiggins82,

Regards,

Just understanding this, and if it's a scam. So you're saying if you had an offline SW wallet, no way to use your keys with their new wallet to trade coins? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of this thing?
Also of course there are hacking concerns, replays, etc... so not sure putting any private keys into this thing is safe.
Dluretic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:29:59 AM

It seems that the B2X has disappeared, I can't see the news about B2X, and the exchange is starting to take off B2X.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: