Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:08:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Crimecoin Released Version 1.2 09/08/13  (Read 14607 times)
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:25:57 PM

I have been giving Crimecoin and its purpose a lot of thought and I do have an idea that if it did work I would imagine could give the Crypto Community an even better image.

I was thinking that Crimecoin is actually a coin designed to help those and the family's effected by Crime, maybe using the Just Giving website as a central way to distribute the money.

I could get that up and running, the coin would need to go on an exchange so it can be traded into Bitcoins and then, for me at least PayPal and then the chosen charity.

I am not expecting loads of people to jump at this one but imagine if almost everyone in this community gave just 0.01% of the trade profit from CRM to BTC to the charity we could make a massive impact.

Its just another way of giving mining and a coin a purpose.

What do you all think?
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:28:10 PM

What's funny is that the pool is going to have most of the global hashing power, even I am on the pool.
You know you can always run solo as competition for us right?

Yeah I know that but I wanted to test out your great pool that you spent time on.

Just set up my other rig so should be able to get upto 2.2MH soon today. Maybe solo with that.

Not sure what to do with Crimecoin yet, as it was only a test coin but now it seems to be a little more.

Where do you see it going? The way of Liquidcoin ? lol

Or somehow getting some outside press coverage that there is a cryptocoin out now with Crime in the name?

I would look at it this way ... this was testcoin right, so you were learning to create some real coin ... the thing is - people like this one :-) so stick with it, whatever you planned to do with that future real coin, do it with this one and you will be happy and people will be happy. There is no reason to create new one if you already got one. Especially knowing how hard it is to get people like new coins, here you have free pass, so just stick with it.

First of all you need to sort out all problems with nodes/sync/wallet and then start working towards getting usual services, places where to spend coin and of course towards listing on exchanges.

I agree totally with you and I am going to stick with this coin, keep developing it. Another dedicated VPS Node will be up and running I hope tonight.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:31:45 PM

I have been giving Crimecoin and its purpose a lot of thought and I do have an idea that if it did work I would imagine could give the Crypto Community an even better image.

I was thinking that Crimecoin is actually a coin designed to help those and the family's effected by Crime, maybe using the Just Giving website as a central way to distribute the money.

I could get that up and running, the coin would need to go on an exchange so it can be traded into Bitcoins and then, for me at least PayPal and then the chosen charity.

I am not expecting loads of people to jump at this one but imagine if almost everyone in this community gave just 0.01% of the trade profit from CRM to BTC to the charity we could make a massive impact.

Its just another way of giving mining and a coin a purpose.

What do you all think?

This is the type of charity I would look towards raising for: http://www.justgiving.com/cvoc
apbyte

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:58:05 PM

I agree totally with you and I am going to stick with this coin, keep developing it. Another dedicated VPS Node will be up and running I hope tonight.

You probably need to talk with some experienced people (I am not the one). As far as I see from my wallet debug file, your VPS node at block 147 (may not be completely right) is giving out some wrong/damaged information(ERROR: AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work), and gets disconnected because of that (Disconnected 212.48.67.126:22701 for misbehavior (score=100))

I am not developer of coins, so no idea what that means or how to fix that.

EDIT: Found workaround

1. clean your appdata directory
2. install old wallet (the one 2-3 days before)
3. run it and wait for it to sync and go past block 147
4. close it down
5. install new wallet
6. run it, and it continues syncing without any problems

Of course since very beginning add official node to your conf file, otherwise you will wait for years to start syncing
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:13:53 PM

You probably need to talk with some experienced people (I am not the one). As far as I see from my wallet debug file, your VPS node at block 147 (may not be completely right) is giving out some wrong/damaged information(ERROR: AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work), and gets disconnected because of that (Disconnected 212.48.67.126:22701 for misbehavior (score=100))

4. close it down
5. install new wallet

Of course since very beginning add official node to your conf file, otherwise you will wait for years to start syncing

Hmm I will look into that, block 147, when I put the updated version of the client on there, it was a copy of mine. So the mistake might have been to not let to download the whole block chain again possible?
apbyte

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:35:01 PM

4. close it down
5. install new wallet

Hmm I will look into that, block 147, when I put the updated version of the client on there, it was a copy of mine. So the mistake might have been to not let to download the whole block chain again possible?

Probably, looks like new wallet can't download from beginning, it doesn't like 147th block. But for some reason old wallet is fine with that block and downloads without saying anything.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:39:58 PM

4. close it down
5. install new wallet

Probably, looks like new wallet can't download from beginning, it doesn't like 147th block. But for some reason old wallet is fine with that block and downloads without saying anything.

There is 100% a syncing problem, I got a new rig today so put a fresh Crimecoin client on it and it is just sitting there with one connection and saying 1500 blocks remaining, which we all know is wrong. I realy need this second dedicated VPS to email me the details its going to cost me £60 a month to run but its worth it. I don't think the little VPS I have as a seed node is powerful enough to do what it needs too.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:42:55 PM

In the meantime until the big server goes online is there any way i can use IRC to help the connections? To help new users find peers to download the chain from?
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 11:35:06 PM

Due to a problem with block 144 in the chain, I have uploaded my upto date blockchain as from 05/08.13 00:10 GMT. This will mean you don't have to wait for ages to sync and also skip the problem block.

Simple copy the contents of the folder into your appdata/crimecoin folder, don't worry your wallet.dat will not be touched, restart the client and you should start syncing again.

Here is the blockchain link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0veyw7p0ry6g1g/Crimecoin%20V1.1%20Blockchain.zip
vedalken254

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 02:36:31 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 03:18:43 AM by vedalken254

4. close it down
5. install new wallet

There is 100% a syncing problem, I got a new rig today so put a fresh Crimecoin client on it and it is just sitting there with one connection and saying 1500 blocks remaining, which we all know is wrong. I realy need this second dedicated VPS to email me the details its going to cost me £60 a month to run but its worth it. I don't think the little VPS I have as a seed node is powerful enough to do what it needs too.
CaptChadd, my seednodes for bqc are only 512mb Linux headless servers each with only one core. I think it has to do with the os and client itself.

UNRELATED EDIT: Auto payouts for the pool have now been given a new maximum threshold of 5000 CRM. 250 is kinda tiny if you ask me but I should've fixed that before opening the pool up. Feel free to adjust you AP thresholds. Cheesy

You've read my forum signature. That's enough social interaction for one day.
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 01:25:09 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 02:39:43 PM by vedalken254

Alrighty guys! I've decided to make another VM for the payout of yesterday's earnings considering the screwup i made with the wallet.dat file. This way, I can issue payouts without bringing down the pool to change out the wallet + fuck with the crontab i have on the pool server. Pool is effectively running between a guest linux OS and my win7 host os. Win7 runs the qt-client and the guest OS runs the pushpoold/mmcfe-ng installation. During the download process, you might experience some rejects due to me using dreamspark's DL manager to get an ISO that is legal.

Thank you for understanding!

Veddy

EDIT: CaptChadd, fix your highlights and your nick on IRC. Everyone else, Should you need support with the pool, either pm me here or join #Crimecoin on irc.freenode.net and poke me there.
ADDITIONAL EDIT: Payouts have been made to apbyte, reecelander and gxp. These three were the ones affected by yesterday's glitch in the system. An additional payout was made out of my pocket to CaptChadd to compensate him for his help with the beta test of the pushpool daemon.

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:42:29 AM

Please add my second new seednode in your conf file.

addnode=91.109.10.18
vivabnet

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:00:13 PM

can not sync! seem not a good coin
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 01:40:51 PM

can not sync! seem not a good coin

Have you tried to download the blockchain that CaptChadd provided? If no, then there's your problem. The new wallet has an issue with a certain block. CaptChadd is trying to isolate the issue but until then, you'll need to download the blockchain and add certain addnode=ip lines to your config.

Veddy

vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 01:45:50 PM

addnode=91.109.10.18
Added to conf. Will restart client now as there aren't any current users on the pool

Veddy

vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 01:12:10 PM

addnode=91.109.10.18
Added to conf. Will restart client now as there aren't any current users on the pool

Veddy

*sadface* no pool users Sad

vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 02:54:28 PM

Very much so.

On another note, I had to delete the workers from the pool to try and resolve an issue. Please re-create your workers. I will be paying out manually to those who have Payout addresses assigned to them tomorrow at 1PM GMT for the trouble.

You should update "Getting started" page, I don't think these are right connection details for your pool : "http://pool.grewe.ca:8337"

Resolved. Getting Started page is now updated in it's template.

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:13:40 PM

I will get back on the pool for during the night. Gets a bit warm in here with all my rigs on during the day.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:45:48 PM

I am working on version 1.2 of Crimecoin.

I have had an email back from Cryptsy saying that they are researching this coin for their list.

I am taking that as good news.
djchoppa

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:22:42 PM

Thanks guys for all the hard work you've put into this coin.  You've managed to resolve all the issues that have cropped up very quickly, and kept us informed of updates and changes.  I will be certainly be sticking with this coin for a while.

Thank-you  Smiley

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!      ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: