Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:30:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Crimecoin Released Version 1.2 09/08/13  (Read 14607 times)
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:41:38 PM

If you didn't change the nRetarget, its max diff change of 4x over each interval, looking the explorer it looks like every 284 blocks based on your target time. That's pretty close to your 288 block target, not bad. Diff is going up in 4x chunks, you'll find if people drop off about .5 something it should come back down, though with the 4x jumps its easy to get it stuck at 1.xx, quite a few coins have learned that the hardway (mine included)!
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:34:16 PM

Anyone having any problems with Crimecoin at the moment? Any connection problems or anything?

I have 0 connections since I restarted it.
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:40:07 PM

Well thanks to diatonic Crimecoin now has a block explorer.

It can be found here : http://altcha.in/chain/Crimecoin

I am guessing people just like crime or something.

Pretty basic block explorer, but a very good start for such a new coin.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:56:22 PM

did the diff suddenly go up massively? i was getting a block every few mins steady, then all of a sudden nothing for an hour?

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:57:01 PM

If you didn't change the nRetarget, its max diff change of 4x over each interval, looking the explorer it looks like every 284 blocks based on your target time. That's pretty close to your 288 block target, not bad. Diff is going up in 4x chunks, you'll find if people drop off about .5 something it should come back down, though with the 4x jumps its easy to get it stuck at 1.xx, quite a few coins have learned that the hardway (mine included)!

What a way to get out of that problem? Change the nRetarget?
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:57:27 PM

did the diff suddenly go up massively? i was getting a block every few mins steady, then all of a sudden nothing for an hour?

The diff is now 0.3
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:01:52 AM

The diff is now 0.3

what was the starting diff on release?

what's the hash on this right now? are you going to destroy this coin after some time and start it again? is it just a test or will you leave this coin to run it's course and start a new coin?

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:13:46 AM

I will leave this coin to carry on.

The diff started rock bottom the same as most coins but with the 5 min blocks and 288 (284) max blocks then the difficulty rises quickly meaning that even I could not premine a massive amount of coins. Even for a test coin, this is quiet a fair one.

The lessons I learn from this one will help with the next one that I release sometime in the future.

I will be updating the Crimecoin client, I will also add some checkpoints too. That's only fair for the users that are mining this coin, test or not.

And I will put together a simple website for the coin.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:04:24 AM

Just that I'd mention that CaptChadd was talking about this earlier today on IRC, about an hour before he posted here.  He was looking for a beta tester and I think I was the first (or second, counting CaptChadd.)

I had no problem getting this up and running.  Grats on your experiment.  Now let's all get this thing to Cryptsy. Wink

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:09:38 AM

not compiling
diatonic

Activity: 271

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:43:40 AM

Just that I'd mention that CaptChadd was talking about this earlier today on IRC, about an hour before he posted here.  He was looking for a beta tester and I think I was the first (or second, counting CaptChadd.)

I had no problem getting this up and running.  Grats on your experiment.  Now let's all get this thing to Cryptsy. Wink

To Coins-E! To Cryptsy! To Gox! To da moon!

#bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=diatonic | Tips: 1DiATonicgGnUcsH6NpSuCEDwRRW3wecgs

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:00:24 AM

no active connection?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 06:40:11 AM

no active connection?
Same here.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:21:04 AM

I just turned the client on this morning and got 2 connections so far.

I think we are going to need more stable node, as this was supposed to be just a test coin, I have just one VPS and a client running on that acting as a node. Not sure if that's the best way to do it or not.

If people on here want me to stay working on this coin then I will and will add stable nodes, checkpoints etc into the next client update.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:42:26 AM

1000 CMC Bounty to the first stable pool to take on this coin.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:19:32 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 03:35:40 PM by cryptohunter

put a couple more nodes up that will help this coin also remove testcoin from the title because nobody here will mine this if they think it will be pulled down in the future and their coins destroyed

Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:58:29 PM

Need a different 3 letter abbreviation...I believe CMC is taken by Cosmoscoin  Undecided
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:14:34 PM

Need a different 3 letter abbreviation...I believe CMC is taken by Cosmoscoin  Undecided

yes, what about crm , crc?

ciklop1974

Activity: 276

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:31:36 PM

Wallet is not synchronized.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:36:35 PM

put a couple more nodes up that will help this coin also remove testcoin from the title because nobody here will mine this if they think it will be pulled down in the future and their coins destroyed

Took the test part out.

I will update the client and change the node to the current one. As it began just a test, my first VPS was terrible and kept going down, so I need to update it with the new one. Can anyone else help with a few nodes to add to the conf?

A brand new client does take a while to get connections, this will stop once I make the changes for Crimecoin V 1.1 and will change the coins to CRC aswell.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: