Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:29:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Crimecoin Released Version 1.2 09/08/13  (Read 14607 times)
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:52:47 AM

As was mentioned before by a user. This is no longer a test coin. People are mining it so I will support it and let it carry on with future client releases.
vedalken254

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:28:06 PM

CaptChadd,

Appears i've lost connection to the network: what's up with the VPS?

You've read my forum signature. That's enough social interaction for one day.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:30:36 PM

lol good job buddy.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:34:02 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 02:45:09 PM by vedalken254

CaptChadd,

Appears i've lost connection to the network: what's up with the VPS?

Nvm. Although your "hardcode" of the VPS IP isn't working. Recommend everyone re-add that line to their confs.

EDIT: I sincerely apologize for the downtime caused by this hiccup guys. As the network grows, it'll rectify itself. Apologies again.

apbyte

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:47:25 PM

Syncing stops at block 121
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:14:59 PM

These are real strange sync problems. I am going to fork out some cash and get a better VPS. I will do that today.

As you guys are mining this coin, which means a lot to me, the least I can do it get it working properly for you.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:16:56 PM

Which is the best VPS host around at the moment? I am using 123 reg.
apbyte

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:19:46 PM

These are real strange sync problems. I am going to fork out some cash and get a better VPS. I will do that today.

As you guys are mining this coin, which means a lot to me, the least I can do it get it working properly for you.

Are 100% sure that problem is VPS not wallet itself? Maybe downloadable compiled version is different from the one that is in source download, or different from the one that is on your VPS, maybe problem is windows version as I assume on VPS you are running linux version
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:37:10 PM

Are 100% sure that problem is VPS not wallet itself? Maybe downloadable compiled version is different from the one that is in source download, or different from the one that is on your VPS, maybe problem is windows version as I assume on VPS you are running linux version

No, I am running the Windows QT on the VPS. I am still new to the coin creation thing, hence why this started out as a test coin but have become a coin like the rest.

Is it better to have a Linux headless client running on the VPS then?
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 03:46:49 PM

No, I am running the Windows QT on the VPS. I am still new to the coin creation thing, hence why this started out as a test coin but have become a coin like the rest.

Is it better to have a Linux headless client running on the VPS then?
Very much so.

On another note, I had to delete the workers from the pool to try and resolve an issue. Please re-create your workers. I will be paying out manually to those who have Payout addresses assigned to them tomorrow at 1PM GMT for the trouble.

apbyte

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:52:35 PM

Very much so.

On another note, I had to delete the workers from the pool to try and resolve an issue. Please re-create your workers. I will be paying out manually to those who have Payout addresses assigned to them tomorrow at 1PM GMT for the trouble.

You should update "Getting started" page, I don't think these are right connection details for your pool : "http://pool.grewe.ca:8337"
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 03:56:16 PM

Very much so.

You should update "Getting started" page, I don't think these are right connection details for your pool : "http://pool.grewe.ca:8337"
You're absolutely right. After I completely sort this current issue, I'll do that.

On that note, I figured out the issue. The old wallet received a transaction that was not a generation and it screwed up MMCFE-NG. Have since made a new wallet specifically for the pool. Payouts will still happen tomorrow at 1PM GMT (or so, depends on if i'm able to get my ass out of bed XD) from the old wallet. During the time of submitting payouts, i will suspend the pool accepting shares so as to not have it throw a hissy fit at me.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:05:02 PM

Very much so.

You're absolutely right. After I completely sort this current issue, I'll do that.

On that note, I figured out the issue. The old wallet received a transaction that was not a generation and it screwed up MMCFE-NG. Have since made a new wallet specifically for the pool. Payouts will still happen tomorrow at 1PM GMT (or so, depends on if i'm able to get my ass out of bed XD) from the old wallet. During the time of submitting payouts, i will suspend the pool accepting shares so as to not have it throw a hissy fit at me.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Great work mate. Well deserved bounty.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:51:52 PM

I have just bought out of my own money a Dedicated VPS with high ram, cpu cores and unlimited bandwidth.

As soon as I get the login details I will post the extra seednode to add to your conf file.

Thanks.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:57:50 PM

What's funny is that the pool is going to have most of the global hashing power, even I am on the pool.
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 05:31:58 PM

What's funny is that the pool is going to have most of the global hashing power, even I am on the pool.
You know you can always run solo as competition for us right?

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:45:31 PM

Yeah I know that but I wanted to test out your great pool that you spent time on.

Just set up my other rig so should be able to get upto 2.2MH soon today. Maybe solo with that.

Not sure what to do with Crimecoin yet, as it was only a test coin but now it seems to be a little more.

Where do you see it going? The way of Liquidcoin ? lol

Or somehow getting some outside press coverage that there is a cryptocoin out now with Crime in the name?
vedalken254

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 06:02:35 PM

Yeah I know that but I wanted to test out your great pool that you spent time on.

Just set up my other rig so should be able to get upto 2.2MH soon today. Maybe solo with that.

Not sure what to do with Crimecoin yet, as it was only a test coin but now it seems to be a little more.

Or somehow getting some outside press coverage that there is a cryptocoin out now with Crime in the name?
Lol. Well it's quite surprising to me to see my machine handle it so well (it's on a router-router WDS (wireless) link). But hey! I'm happy that it works.

CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:08:50 PM

Lol. Well it's quite surprising to me to see my machine handle it so well (it's on a router-router WDS (wireless) link). But hey! I'm happy that it works.

Its great that it can work like that. I am still waiting on my email for my login details for the second and much more powerful VPS to give Crimecoin node.
apbyte

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:22:19 PM

I would look at it this way ... this was testcoin right, so you were learning to create some real coin ... the thing is - people like this one :-) so stick with it, whatever you planned to do with that future real coin, do it with this one and you will be happy and people will be happy. There is no reason to create new one if you already got one. Especially knowing how hard it is to get people like new coins, here you have free pass, so just stick with it.

First of all you need to sort out all problems with nodes/sync/wallet and then start working towards getting usual services, places where to spend coin and of course towards listing on exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: