Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: This Poll system sucks...  (Voting closed: September 01, 2013, 01:25:47 AM)
Interested - 0 (0%)
Not Interested - 0 (0%)
Agree - 0 (0%)
Agree - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Firearms - Federally Licensed Dealer  (Read 3573 times)
rizzman (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:37:52 PM

...id be happy to be your first customer want to PM me and walk me through how we can do this Smiley

So in response to ajk's question, I wanted to post some information for everyone to look at in case anyone else is wondering about what the process entails. Please read below for details and please understand, this is a work in progress, and will change as we figure out a smooth method of processing BTC transactions.

As for the requirements for transferring a firearm the process is pretty straightforward albeit a little involved the first time.  I'll try to explain the process as clearly as possible, but be sure to ask me any questions and above all, start to get familiar with the gun laws in your state.

I can't stress this enough. Especially since this is your first gun purchase, knowing how, when, and where to and not to use or carry is by far the most important part of this process. You don't want to end up in trouble with this. People have went away for a long time for dumb mistakes. Just please, read and ask questions.

The NRA has a pretty awesome site that takes you through the laws in each state and is a great resource. I Highly recommend taking a look at it.
http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws.aspx

You will need the following information in order to begin a firearm transfer:

VERY IMPORTANT!

I highly recommend anyone interested go through this form and answer blocks 11 "A" thru "L" as well as 13-15 and questions before buying. If you Answer "Yes" to any of the questions 11B thru 11L, then you are ineligible to purchase a firearm and we must stop the transfer process.

Here is the link to the Form you will be submitting for background verification:
http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

1. Look up your state firearm laws and confirm that the firearm that you are interested in is permitted within your state. This is something that your receiving FFL can help you out with when you call them. Just give them the Make and Model number and they should be able to tell you if it is legal with in the state. Which leads us to the next step

2. Locate an FFL Licensed gun dealer in your area which you would like to pick the firearm up at. Be prepared to pay a small fee in USD for the background check / transfer. This fee usually ranges between $20 - $50 USD but is ultimate up to the dealer, so shop around if it is any higher.

3. Contact your selected Local FFL and ask them the following:

- You are preparing to purchase a firearm from out of state, and would they be willing to handle the transfer.

- Ask them for a copy of their Federal Firearms License (FFL) Certificate. We will need this to confirm with ATF if they are legally authorized to handle the transfer of the firearm. Once you receive a copy, scan it - or have them send it to me directly at david.amely@spherescape.com  

4. Once we receive a copy of their FFL Certificate and we have confirmed that they are permitted to take possession, We can broker the deal between the Escrow.

5. Once the Escrow confirms that funds have been transferred, we shall ship the firearm to your FFL.

6. Once the local FFL receives your order, you will have to go to the store and they will walk you through the process of transferring the firearm. This involves submitting to a background check and filling out the BATF Form 4473 mentioned above. Again, your local FFL will talk you through this.

7. Once the background check is complete (usually takes about 15-20 min) and any necessary waiting period has expired, Take home your new best friend and and notify your escrow that it is safe to release funds

8. Tell your Bitcoin buddies about us, and help us grow.

Again, this process will change as we move forward, however it should provide a guideline of what to expect.

Thanks again for your interest,

Best,
David

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:14:38 AM

By the way, for any other Kansas residents who might be reading this:  If you get your CCH (conceal carry handgun) permit, you won't have to wait for the NCIS check.  You'll still need to have the firearm shipped to the FFL, and you'll still have to fill out the paperwork, but you won't have to wait to have it called in to make sure you're OK.  It's because Kansas does a very thorough background check during the 90-180 days that are required for applying for a CCH.

I mention this for you folks in other states that allow conceal carry.  It doesn't usually take long at all (average for me was 5 minutes, but it on my most recent gun purchase, it took a few days during the recent firearm legislation scare when NCIS was swamped with requests).  Just another option to check in on.  Even if you never carry a concealed weapon or even plan to, it might be something to look into and consider. Smiley
SphereScape Corp

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:33:15 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 08:06:56 PM by SphereScape Corp

Salutations everyone, This is David. The Company username is finally out of Newbie Limbo. Please forward any  questions related to sales of firearms to this username. In addition, if anyone is interested I am posting our FFL information so that anyone who is considering buying can do their background check on us. if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks again for all your support.

Best,
David

Verify our FFL here :
https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/
and enter "1-59-XXX-XX-XX-18340" on the ATF website
SphereScape Corp

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:06:02 PM

By the way, for any other Kansas residents who might be reading this:  If you get your CCH (conceal carry handgun) permit, you won't have to wait for the NCIS check.  You'll still need to have the firearm shipped to the FFL, and you'll still have to fill out the paperwork, but you won't have to wait to have it called in to make sure you're OK.  It's because Kansas does a very thorough background check during the 90-180 days that are required for applying for a CCH.

I mention this for you folks in other states that allow conceal carry.  It doesn't usually take long at all (average for me was 5 minutes, but it on my most recent gun purchase, it took a few days during the recent firearm legislation scare when NCIS was swamped with requests).  Just another option to check in on.  Even if you never carry a concealed weapon or even plan to, it might be something to look into and consider. Smiley
+1

Having a concealed carry permit (CCP) greatly simplifies the headache of dealing with FFL transfers. I Highly recommend that anyone interested in owning a firearm consider applying for one within their respective state.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:29:18 AM

Selling guns for bitcoins doesn't require following any regulations.

All law in USA is commercial. If you're not using their negotiable instruments (FRNs) - they really don't have a say in the matter.

I'm grumpy!!
rizzman (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:56:09 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2013, 05:12:17 AM by rizzman

Selling guns for bitcoins doesn't require following any regulations.

All law in USA is commercial. If you're not using their negotiable instruments (FRNs) - they really don't have a say in the matter.

While that may be technically true considering bitcoin has yet to be recognized as an official currency and depending on what statute your interpreting, sure it may be considered a "Trade" but the fact is there are many other statutes that make it all but impossible to argue such a difference without a lawyer. Furthermore,  the minute you try to do this, the ATF will bury you in litigation and most likely arrest you for gun trafficking. If you wish to play with fire that is ultimately your decision and let me know how that turns out for you. But if you buy from me be prepared to play by the book, as all sales will be processed as if they were bought with USD. No Exceptions.
SphereScape Corp

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:28:43 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 09:31:44 PM by SphereScape Corp

Guys, I would like to announce that, in addition to Bitcoin we are considering accepting Litecoin as well for payment. If this is something you are interested in, please voice your interest.
optimator

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 12:31:57 AM

Hey All!

I just wanted to report I have successfully completed a transaction with SphereScape Corp.

David was exceptional in his communication skills letting me know where we were at every step. It seems like a small thing, but when you're dealing with someone you've never met it REALLY helps!

The transaction was flawless and the product exactly what I asked for.

I highly recommend David for his professionalism and quick turn around time.

Cheers!

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:26:53 PM

Are you able to get ahold of any gen1 or gen2 roni glock conversion kits? If so please send me a pm im interested.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
SphereScape Corp

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:50:05 AM

Are you able to get ahold of any gen1 or gen2 roni glock conversion kits? If so please send me a pm im interested.

We should be able to get this item but keep in mind that although by itself it is not illegal to own people will sell it to you and not even ask questions however, if you are ever in possession of both the handgun AND the Roni system at the same time, you must have an SBR (Short Barrel Rifle) Tax Stamp and/or an AOW(Any Other Weapon) Tax Stamp as well, both of which are issued by the ATF as you are then considered in possession of a Class 3 weapon. I HIGH recommend you speak with a local class 3 dealer first about starting the process to get ATF approval for this device before you even think about buying it, as people have gone to jail for simply having all the disassembled pieces of a Class 3 weapon.

Once you get your stamp, definitely let me know and I will coordinate with the dealer assisting you with getting the Tax stamp to get you the product and make sure you don't end up on the wrong side of the law. At that point, we can then talk about ordering the attachment.

Additionally, don't just go off of the federal laws, know your state and local laws and make sure you can legally own a class 3 weapon in your area. Some cities / states do not allow them even with the tax stamp. You don't want to go into this lacking knowledge of the law, there is serious time involved if you don't follow the rules. Whenever your dealing with NFA items (SBR's,Silencers,Machine guns,Explosives,RPG,Mini-guns,etc..YES! You can own these if you have the money - however we are not yet licensed to sell them.) I highly recommend consulting with an NFA attorney specializing in your state laws as they will make sure you have sufficent CYA when owning such devices.

In short. We may be able to get it as long as we do not have any glocks in inventory at the time that can it can be used with.
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:58:35 AM

We should be able to get this item but keep in mind that although by itself it is not illegal to own people will sell it to you and not even ask questions however, if you are ever in possession of both the handgun AND the Roni system at the same time, you must have an SBR (Short Barrel Rifle) Tax Stamp and/or an AOW(Any Other Weapon) Tax Stamp as well, both of which are issued by the ATF as you are then considered in possession of a Class 3 weapon. I HIGH recommend you speak with a local class 3 dealer first about starting the process to get ATF approval for this device before you even think about buying it, as people have gone to jail for simply having all the disassembled pieces of a Class 3 weapon.

Once you get your stamp, definitely let me know and I will coordinate with the dealer assisting you with getting the Tax stamp to get you the product and make sure you don't end up on the wrong side of the law. At that point, we can then talk about ordering the attachment.

Additionally, don't just go off of the federal laws, know your state and local laws and make sure you can legally own a class 3 weapon in your area. Some cities / states do not allow them even with the tax stamp. You don't want to go into this lacking knowledge of the law, there is serious time involved if you don't follow the rules. Whenever your dealing with NFA items (SBR's,Silencers,Machine guns,Explosives,RPG,Mini-guns,etc..YES! You can own these if you have the money - however we are not yet licensed to sell them.) I highly recommend consulting with an NFA attorney specializing in your state laws as they will make sure you have sufficent CYA when when owning such devices.

In short. We may be able to get it as long as we do not have any glocks in inventory at the time that can it can be used with.

Thanks for the info but I do already have my tax stamp to acquire the attachment I asked all those questions and got it done right after I finished with my CCW. I'm not in a big rush to get one but I most definitely am deal shopping for one.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
SphereScape Corp

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:00:39 AM

Thanks for the info but I do already have my tax stamp to acquire the attachment I asked all those questions and got it done right after I finished with my CCW. I'm not in a big rush to get one but I most definitely am deal shopping for one.

Excellent, ahead of the game. I'll call around tomorrow and see if any of the distributors have any in stock, if so I'll PM you with the price and we can go from there.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:10:27 AM

Hi SphereScape, way awesome if you guys integrate LTC payment method.

What kind of pricetag do you have on quantities of 7.62x39? Say 1k FMJ rounds?

SphereScape Corp

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:24:34 AM

Was actually trying to put a poll up for people interested in purchasing with LTC, but the forum controls suck so yea...

But yea, we are open to it. I mine LTC myself with my GPU dinosaurs, so its only right that we accept it. The only unfortunately part is we have to charge higher for accepting it, in order to make up for the volatility and double conversion (LTC -> BTC -> USD).

But assuming you can handle the prices, I can get a hold of the following immediately up to 2000 rounds.

1000 Round Case Wolf 123 gr FMJ 7.62 x 39 - $550 plus shipping (Approx $40.00)

Only brand I can get a hold of right now, as the ammo market is still going crazy.

tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:58:06 AM

Hey all, I just bought a gun (Beretta U22 NESO) from SphereScape, and it went very well.  I waited until I got it from my local FFL before I submitted feedback, but honestly the entire process felt right, so I wasn't really worried at all.  I will be leaving feedback in his trust as well.

He currently has a Mossberg 590a1 on backorder for me as well, and I suspect it will go just as smoothly.

My local FFL was awesome as well.  I know it's not relevant to this, really, but I was in and out of his shop in 5 minutes.  Since I was a repeat customer, he had all my paperwork filled out, and I just had to verify/sign.  Since I have a CCH license, he didn't need to call me in for a NCIS background check (Kansas CCH does a much more thorough background than the standard NCIS does, so they figure if you can pass the Kansas one, you'll pass the federal one).  So my time was:  one minute paying/verifying/picking up firearm, and four minutes random talk.

If you want to buy a gun for bitcoins, SphereScape is your man. Wink

I even have him tracking me down a harder-to-find gun as soon as I have the bitcoins to pay for it.  Smiley
webosftw

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:11:51 AM

Can 1 BTC get me anything?
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:06:26 AM

Phoenix Arms 22, maybe something like a used hi point 9mm.
SphereScape Corp

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:05:17 AM

Until 1 BTC goes into $250 land again there's nothing past maybe a used derringer or a cobra .380 that you can get for that amount. Both of which I wouldn't feel right about selling you as it isn't something I would carry myself. I would recommend just saving your BTC till you get something like 3.5 - 4 BTC then let me know. there's quite a few very good quality firearms you can get for around that price range. But, other than that start reading up and getting an idea of what you want. A little research can go a long way and even if your just purchasing for sport this is one of those investments that you don't want to go the "take what you can get" route as these things might one day save yours, or a loved ones life.

Best,
David
SphereScape Corp.
cwil

Activity: 285
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:34:58 AM

I purchased a rifle and accessories from David.  He provided excellent service and advice for someone new to purchasing through an FFL, as well as dealing with my local FFL for me.  I fully intend to do business with him again, and would recommend him to anyone looking to purchase firearms with bitcoins.
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:15:06 AM

http://gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/762x39/

$230 for 1k rounds of tula.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: