Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:01:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ships a whole month of Little Singles in 2 days  (Read 3452 times)
Rival (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:05:15 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/

yes, i know there were less Little Singles ordered than pretty much anything else. The first month may only represent a hundred or so miners, but that is just the current consensus guess. If this rate could be maintained (an unlikely stretch) then a unit ordered today would be delivered by the end of the month.

Not trying to be a shill here, but any time someone actually delivers substantial hashing power it is certainly news worthy. That is somewhere around 2.5 Th/s plug and play ready about to come online in the next few days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:08:46 PM

And single orders are still shipped from the first week. BFL made a great lottery here. How about the 1/3 shipping plan?!

Well for me the single was the first and the last time I bought something from BFL.
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:52:34 PM

yes, i know there were less Little Singles ordered than pretty much anything else. The first month may only represent a hundred or so miners, but that is just the current consensus guess. If this rate could be maintained (an unlikely stretch) then a unit ordered today would be delivered by the end of the month.

Not trying to be a shill here, but any time someone actually delivers substantial hashing power it is certainly news worthy. That is somewhere around 2.5 Th/s plug and play ready about to come online in the next few days.

To ship a month of LS in a day they needed only ship less than 100, so what's the big deal.
Ship a months worth of SINGLES in a day or two and we will be impressed.

Bottom line, still shipping less than 100 units a day, today they did little singles. Big deal

They don't have enough resources (people, parts) to do anything in volume.
dudeofthestick

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:59:33 PM

Just about 100.

BFL is broken. They don't have enough money to deliver the amount of devices from preorders quickly and hence they can compete with other ASIC companies gaining new customers to cover the financial hole under their feet. A catch 22.

I seriously doubt I will ever get my preorder.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:11:33 PM

Well considering first week of singles probably makes up a large chunk of the backlog I'd think that decent news. Still not the 400/day lol. After that first week, singles order per day is probably like averaging 2-3 for the backlog till april?

But who knows, they might have blown their load of chips on boards with that push. Without knowing what supplies they have we'll never know. It's still its painfully  obvious to me at least, that the bottleneck is getting chips on boards in. Power supplies are an afterthought.

And I for one don't think a company that can make miners will run out of money if you catch my drift. Close up and run off, maybe. Run out of money? Sure, if BTC prices drop to zero overnight.

Here's to October guys and gals, gonna be a fun month with all that hash coming online. Just in time to heat up homes for the fall/winter.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:15:33 PM

A whole 2.5TH/s, not even 2 original minirigs worth of hashing power and this is good new?
Rival (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:32:07 PM

A whole 2.5TH/s, not even 2 original minirigs worth of hashing power and this is good new?

Good news for around 100 people. I wish them godspeed and good hashing.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:37:55 PM

Good news for around 100 people. I wish them godspeed and good hashing.

And the next 100 people since they dont have 100 people in front of them anymore. and so on and so on.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
kevinm

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:42:50 PM

Biggest long con in the BTC world yet still the fan boys applaude,
my guess is March 2014, Chapter 14,
cash flow never lies,

cheers
kev
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:59:37 PM

I saw that (surprising) blog entry also. I have an order dated July 7, 2012 for an LS. My order status has not changed on the BFL site though - no hint of "processing" or "shipped" or whatever. It seems to be stuck in the "express shipping upgrade" fiasco from months ago, when many of us paid for an upgrade with BTC but saw no credit for our payment. A support ticket submitted back then remains unanswered.

I'm not quite ready to celebrate yet.
Hodgeman

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:35:14 PM

Little singles were not available for purchase in the first month.  Roll Eyes Only people that upgraded jalapenos got little singles so there couldn't have been that many ordered within the first few months.
suprabitz

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:28:38 PM

if you dont get one in the next 3-4 months it will never roi... already asicminer usb sticks are only 2x the price per Gh of jalapeno. Given that their new blades are coming out soon at probably a cheaper $/Gh than the usb sticks we will see a lot of people getting hardware with BFL in the latter part of this year that never ROIs.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

if you dont get one in the next 3-4 months it will never roi... already asicminer usb sticks are only 2x the price per Gh of jalapeno. Given that their new blades are coming out soon at probably a cheaper $/Gh than the usb sticks we will see a lot of people getting hardware with BFL in the latter part of this year that never ROIs.

Yet it worries no one that a device which is a year over it's proposed delivery time still has a better chance of ROI than any product ASICminer sell intentionally at such price point...

I'm more forgiving to incompetence than greed.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:50:27 PM

AsicMiner greed I can easily forgive. They sell a same day shipping product that you can make an informed decision on ROI before sending your cash.

How can you compare that to the chasm of unknown that BFL is selling? There is no way to know what your ROI on investment. No way.

I prefer the devil I know to the one I don't know.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:54:38 PM

Yet it worries no one that a device which is a year over it's proposed delivery time still has a better chance of ROI than any product ASICminer sell intentionally at such price point...

I'm more forgiving to incompetence than greed.

Technically BFL starting taking pre-orders (and full payment) over a year ago but since their initial proposed delivery was Oct/Nov 2012 they technically haven't hit the one year shipping delay mark, yet.  I have no doubt a lot of customer will reach that special anniversary but you jumped the gun slightly ATM.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:58:00 PM

AsicMiner greed I can easily forgive. They sell a same day shipping product that you can make an informed decision on ROI before sending your cash.

How can you compare that to the chasm of unknown that BFL is selling? There is no way to know what your ROI on investment. No way.

I prefer the devil I know to the one I don't know.

One definitely mugs you off now, one may mug you off, or pull it out the bag, yet many willingly prefer to take the definite option in being mugged off now. At least BFL gave you the option of paying by credit-card.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:12:01 PM

The first month may only represent a hundred or so miners.

It might be 10 little singles. It might be 1.
BFL refuses to say how many units have shipped. That means it is an embarrassingly low amount. If it was a large number, they would be bragging (they post pictures whenever they have more than 20 units together in one place). Josh is furious at the naysayers on bitcointalk.org, he swears at them, insults them, draws pictures of them, and probably gnaws on his mouse while he types. Could you picture for a moment Josh refusing to post proof that BFL can do 300 units a day if it existed?

Whenever BFL wants to post a picture of 50 units together, they could just hold shipments up for a few days.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:16:17 PM

BFL refuses to say how many units have shipped. That means it is an embarrassingly low amount. If it was a large number, they would be bragging (they post pictures whenever they have more than 20 units together in one place). Josh is furious at the naysayers on bitcointalk.org, he swears at them, insults them, draws pictures of them, and probably gnaws on his mouse while he types. Could you picture for a moment Josh refusing to post proof that BFL can do 300 units a day if it existed?

Whenever BFL wants to post a picture of 50 units together, they could just hold shipments up for a few days.

Let me put my Big Boy Pants on so I can understand what you are trying to say...
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 01:58:35 AM

I'm just going to quote this for later use so I can laugh at k9quaint a little more down the road.  Smiley

Don't want him and editing and deleting it at some point...

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:12:15 AM

I'm just going to quote this for later use so I can laugh at k9quaint a little more down the road.  Smiley

Don't want him and editing and deleting it at some point...

I don't need to quote this for things to laugh at Josh about. There are thousands of posts rampant with his idiocy to choose from.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Inaba

YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: