Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:04:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ships a whole month of Little Singles in 2 days  (Read 3452 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 03:40:37 AM

Just about 100.

BFL is broken. They don't have enough money to deliver the amount of devices from preorders quickly and hence they can compete with other ASIC companies gaining new customers to cover the financial hole under their feet. A catch 22.

I seriously doubt I will ever get my preorder.

Speaking of blowing through money, currently BFL is payout $17,500/wk in payroll alone. (35 employees X $500)

Even at 22 employees for the past year since Josh has been on board, BFL paid out no less than $572,000 in wages. (22 X 500 X 52)

With 60,000+ units ordered, and no proof that even 10K of them have been manufactured, Josh still has the balls to state that the backorder will be filled by the end of September.

Josh wouldn't be in this mess if he hadn't opted to reward the temp assemblers with a cookout, serving up the horde of locusts, thus forever disrupting the shipping department

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 03:49:18 AM

The first month may only represent a hundred or so miners.

It might be 10 little singles. It might be 1.
BFL refuses to say how many units have shipped. That means it is an embarrassingly low amount. If it was a large number, they would be bragging (they post pictures whenever they have more than 20 units together in one place). Josh is furious at the naysayers on bitcointalk.org, he swears at them, insults them, draws pictures of them, and probably gnaws on his mouse while he types. Could you picture for a moment Josh refusing to post proof that BFL can do 300 units a day if it existed?

Whenever BFL wants to post a picture of 50 units together, they could just hold shipments up for a few days.

I'm just going to quote this for later use so I can laugh at k9quaint a little more down the road.  Smiley

Don't want him and editing and deleting it at some point...

I'm just going to quote this for later in case I ever need an extra and.
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:55:16 AM

The first month may only represent a hundred or so miners.

It might be 10 little singles. It might be 1.
BFL refuses to say how many units have shipped. That means it is an embarrassingly low amount. If it was a large number, they would be bragging (they post pictures whenever they have more than 20 units together in one place). Josh is furious at the naysayers on bitcointalk.org, he swears at them, insults them, draws pictures of them, and probably gnaws on his mouse while he types. Could you picture for a moment Josh refusing to post proof that BFL can do 300 units a day if it existed?

Whenever BFL wants to post a picture of 50 units together, they could just hold shipments up for a few days.

I'm just going to quote this for later use so I can laugh at k9quaint a little more down the road.  Smiley

Don't want him and editing and deleting it at some point...

Josh I hope that you realize what an idiot you are right? You single handedly ruined BFL as a business, even if you guys somehow magically deliver everything, people will never buy from your company ever again, because of you.

Once professional companies pop up, you guys are done, you could of at least had a chance if you weren't such a dick, but hey incompetence breeds incompetence, who ever made the decision to put you in charge of community liaison, is a complete moron. Especially after witnessing you act the way you do, any normal sane company would of fired you on the spot. Congrats on destroying a whole business, you assclown. lmao

Maybe when companies need to sabotage themselves they can hire you.
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:20:55 AM

quote BFL jody

"1 AUGUST - Singles: All shipped through June 26
2 AUGUST - Singles: Not many--still at June 26"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:22:19 AM

quote BFL jody

"1 AUGUST - Singles: All shipped through June 26
2 AUGUST - Singles: Not many--still at June 26"

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good story

It reminds me of filling out my timesheets in SPIRA...its an artistic exercise where what sounds and looks nice is the order of the day

Reality is for losers...!!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
dudeofthestick

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:01:00 PM

Just about 100.

BFL is broken. They don't have enough money to deliver the amount of devices from preorders quickly and hence they can compete with other ASIC companies gaining new customers to cover the financial hole under their feet. A catch 22.

Speaking of blowing through money, currently BFL is payout $17,500/wk in payroll alone. (35 employees X $500)

Even at 22 employees for the past year since Josh has been on board, BFL paid out no less than $572,000 in wages. (22 X 500 X 52)

With 60,000+ units ordered, and no proof that even 10K of them have been manufactured, Josh still has the balls to state that the backorder will be filled by the end of September.

Josh wouldn't be in this mess if he hadn't opted to reward the temp assemblers with a cookout, serving up the horde of locusts, thus forever disrupting the shipping department

I think they are spending all the payments made with fiat, but keeping all the payments made with bitcoins. They are so exhausted of the crazy year since the announce they could build ASICS back in 2012, that they no longer want to keep on pushing to build a good supply chain.

They have decided they will run the company with the cash from fiat until last dollar. Once they have run out of cash, they will file for bankruptcy... But will keep the anonymous and easy to launder bitcoins for them.

Sounds diabolic, but normally when you are in business if you think badly you are right (don't know if this is a good translation from Spanish...).

If Josh wants to bet against me that I'm wrong, I would take the bet. It seems he is not very good on gambling and bets...

Sk1llS

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:40:30 PM

I'm just going to quote this for later use so I can laugh at k9quaint 3 years down the road.  Smiley

Fixed that for you Smiley
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:35:23 PM

Got my LS today. I honestly wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks judging by how slow everything was shipping. Waited a year, but it'll make me thousands over the next few months. It was/is a profitable investment. Props for BFL finally shipping and holding true to their word (even though it took them a long time to follow through with it). Can't wait for my next orders to start coming in.

All in all, I'm a fairly happy customer. Will look forward to ordering even more stuff once they've caught up and the prices do back down.

Hey Josh, if you are reading this, when do you (speaking from personal opinion, not on the companies behalf) think the prices will come down? The current ROI isn't favorable right now. Even with my 25% discount. Was hoping some time towards the end of this year.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:53:48 PM

Just about 100.

I think they are spending all the payments made with fiat, but keeping all the payments made with bitcoins. They are so exhausted of the crazy year since the announce they could build ASICS back in 2012, that they no longer want to keep on pushing to build a good supply chain.

They have decided they will run the company with the cash from fiat until last dollar. Once they have run out of cash, they will file for bankruptcy... But will keep the anonymous and easy to launder bitcoins for them.

Sounds diabolic, but normally when you are in business if you think badly you are right (don't know if this is a good translation from Spanish...).

If Josh wants to bet against me that I'm wrong, I would take the bet. It seems he is not very good on gambling and bets...

they didn't even need to hide it.  They could've bought the BTC at the old exchange rates for themselves then took the fiat they paid in exchange for the BTC and simply paid it back to themselves as salaries then rinse and repeat as many times as BTC coming in.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 01:54:05 AM

Mark my words, some day in the very near future Jody will pen something akin to the following:

Monday, ?, 2013 Shipping Update
by BFL_Jody  , ?-?-2013 at 07:55 PM

Jalapenos: ?, 2012 pay date (0)

Little Singles: ?, 2012 pay date (0)

Singles: ?, 2012 pay date (0)

MiniRigs: ?, 2012 for the first round of 500gh/s units; NONE shipped from the second round

Due to a situation beyond our control, no units were shipped today. The good news is no other ASIC-based mining outfit shipped today either. We were able to address more of the customer service concerns: Desk #1 address her emails to Desk #2; Desk #3 address support tickets to Desk #4; Desk #4 and Desk #2 rerouted their inquiries to...

Tomorrow is a new day, and we should be able to ship, but if not there will be a reason, thus rest assure one will be provided.

Like this one: http://financialaccountingservices.webspawner.com/

Somebody needs to keep taps on the auctions, to make sure Josh doesn't all of a sudden quit submitting bids. BTW, when was the time BFL won one? I haven't seen an ad lately with the exception of the ones Sonny Vleisides continues to run on the lottery and financial pages of his Webspawner.com site that read...wait for it...ORDER NOW! (not pre-order now)
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:10:46 AM

NEW GENERATION ASIC Bitcoin Miner from ... 2012

order 2013, shipping in "Two Weeks "TM

http://financialaccountingservices.webspawner.com/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:40:16 AM

According to http://bfl.ptz.ro/

Jalapeno: 3575 ordered, 788 shipped, 2787 remaining, 22.04% fulfilled.
Little single: 1230 ordered, 87 shipped, 1143 shipped, 7.07% fulfilled.
Single: 2678 ordered, 233 shipped, 2445 remaining, 8.70% fulfilled.
Mini rig: 185 ordered, 25 shipped (to Josh), 160 remaining, 13.51% fulfilled.

My guess is that the fulfilment rate is reaaaaally overstated since sales went out of the community more and more with the massive ad campaign BFL had earlier.

Care to correct these numbers Josh? Don't be shy!
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:51:46 AM

My guess is that the fulfilment rate is reaaaaally overstated since sales went out of the community more and more with the massive ad campaign BFL had earlier.

I asked Josh just the other day a similar question.  He apparently is flush with innuendo's but a little lacking on solid numbers to back things up at this point.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.msg2913623#msg2913623
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:52:48 AM

If BFL had solid numbers to report, they would. They have never been shy about broadcasting good things about their operations.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: