Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:31:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep all crypto in trading platforms or wallets?  (Read 1714 times)
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:50:35 PM

Wallet usually got a better security and it's safer, so if you want to hold the coin for a long time without touching it then go for wallet, saving your coin in trading platform is only for trading purposes, dont save too many things in exchanges because, exchanges got a pretty bad reputation, it can suddenly close and run away with your coin
Indeed, crypto exchanges are not to be trusted. Always left what you can afford to lose. I normally use Coinomi app or CoinPayments.net to store my both bitcoin and altcoins, of course. I don't really trade everyday, though I used to checked the market quite often to see the most performing coins and invest to them. 

They have 2fa security, but you can trust this completely.

That's why people use private wallets and hardware wallets to store their assets. This is a more secure way of storing your assets in your private wallets.
boss1dg

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:38:21 PM

if you are regular trader then keep them in big and trusted exchanges like binance , if you are going to hold any coin for long term then store that in any hardware wallets or paper wallet .

Jackblack90909

Activity: 552

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:59:11 PM

It is always better and more secure to keep your tokens in your wallet, because even the most secured exchangers could being hacked or affected one day, and recently there was an attempt of hacking Etherdelta which is known as one of the most secured and decentralized exchangers online.
btc_angela

Activity: 2632
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:18:11 PM

if you are regular trader then keep them in big and trusted exchanges like binance , if you are going to hold any coin for long term then store that in any hardware wallets or paper wallet .

As trusted as the exchange are, I really wouldn't keep big amounts of them. I always keep just enough funds for trading purposes and if I think that my money is already growing, I will take out some of it, deposit on my wallet where I can have full control of the private keys. Well a hardware wallet much better.

It is always better and more secure to keep your tokens in your wallet, because even the most secured exchangers could being hacked or affected one day, and recently there was an attempt of hacking Etherdelta which is known as one of the most secured and decentralized exchangers online.

Yes, exactly my point. Look at what happens to BTC-e. It was suddenly taken down by the US authorities. Although the money has been returned through IOU, but you wouldn't like that to happened to you, specially if you have huge amounts, I mean in the thousands of USD in there.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:24:58 PM

A safe place to store cryptos that are stored in cold wallets if demand is not frequent. If you trade, you may consider cryptos stored on trading platforms. You should choose some reputable trading platforms such as Binance, Hibtc, Bitfinex, Poloniex, etc.

ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:41:51 AM

Don't trust trading platforms. They can claim anytime they got hacked and no one will know if they are behind that or not. Keep it on your wallets for better security.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:18:44 AM

Keep all of your cryptocurrencies into their respective wallet because that is the safest place for you to put your cryptocurrencies but if you want to be safer then you should find some hardware wallet or offline wallet that you can use to store your cryptocurrencies which is much better than storing it on online wallets. Just keep your crypto in a trading platform if you are a short term investor or trader.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:27:52 AM

Keep all of your cryptocurrencies into their respective wallet because that is the safest place for you to put your cryptocurrencies but if you want to be safer then you should find some hardware wallet or offline wallet that you can use to store your cryptocurrencies which is much better than storing it on online wallets. Just keep your crypto in a trading platform if you are a short term investor or trader.
Yes it is better to hold coins in their respective wallet so that it is store in the safest place on which only you can know it and also in the exchanger it is not good to hold coins there because sometimes it become hack that cannot be recover if it is send to another people already that's why it is important for the account to have a 2fa in order to protect it and only you can access it.

Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:51:42 AM

I keep long-term assets in my wallet. The assets that I trade on the exchange. Those assets that I am going to sell in the next month do not go to my wallet, so as not to pay a commission for withdrawal.

clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:55:05 AM

First, you must accept the fact that if you do not own the private key to your coin,  it simply means it is not yours.  With this thought in mind you could put all your coin in add ñ exchange when trading.  When you finish trading you put a significant sum if your holding to a wallet that you control.

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:06:14 AM

It's better to use exchange wallet on its purpose, if you will going trade then you place your coins inside your trusted exchange then do business,
but if you are going to hold and store your coins better to have your own one inside your computer where you can fully secured and keep it in safe,
we do have reason why we need to use certain wallets, the main idea is always secured your assets even trusted exchange also prone from hackers
and we can never say if until when they can be safe from those attackers.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:45:54 AM

I diversified my coins. 70% of it is stored in my wallet and the remaining 30% in my exchange account. I left the 30% there so that whenever I wanted to do scalp grading, I have coins to sell. If you are not doin scalp trading or day trading, it is advisable to store your coins on your wallet specially hardwallet for better security.
Utanjaran

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:50:13 AM

Currently, altcoin exchange requires account verification for each user. Well, if you have verified your account. I think, keeping on wallet exchange is a great way because there we can grow our investment faster than keeping in wallet.
BingoDog

Merit: 505

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:03:32 AM

Exchanges are not wallets and that is not their primary purpose so it's not suggested to keep the coins there long term and in biger amounts.
Use them for trading and upload the amount you want to trade, everyrhing else it should be kept in the wallet. It's more secure, especialy if you combine more different wallets.

malaj
vijendra singh

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 11:54:55 AM

I keep 80% crypto coins in exchanges and 20 % in other wallets.  But when market goes down I can't resist me to transfer coins from other wallets to exchanges. If I keep all coins on exchanges all the time it makes me excite to take more risk. And sometimes I book losses  . So recommend to keep it in wallets as well as exchanges both.
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:00:41 PM

Well, exchanges can't be trusted, you trade and withdraw you coins. If you want to hold for long-term, then it would be better you choose offline wallet, which would be safer for you.

trecore4

Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:15:27 PM

That’s the simplest explanation for it, but at any time I would say we must keep the funds in wallets only. The reason for this is current unplanned bans over the exchangers and trading platforms. So if you are up to date with the news around us then you can feel the ban rates have been increased a lot these days. Starting from the china to Korea and even small countries like Indonesia etc got their country people banned from using the crypto currency. How we could really trust the exchangers in such Cold War. Better keep them safe in the wallets and take them out whenever we need to exchange them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:33:25 PM

The best option we have is to keep all the coin your own wallet after buying them in exchanges because we have seen many scams happened to exchanges. So there is no specific guarantee even though you secure your wallet. My humble suggestion keep your coins in your own wallet in order to be safe.
magicmeyk

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:30:10 PM

If you are trading just put it in exchanges for you to use it anytime and no more hassle when transferring and no fees. If your only holding your coins for long term purposes then you can put it in your hard wallet for safe keeping.
Dewao

Activity: 337

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:08:38 PM

If you are trading just put it in exchanges for you to use it anytime and no more hassle when transferring and no fees. If your only holding your coins for long term purposes then you can put it in your hard wallet for safe keeping.

Is it really need to put those coin in hard wallet?  I mean my coin is just on my account i don't have hard wallet to keep it safe because i know this is already safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: