Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep all crypto in trading platforms or wallets?  (Read 1714 times)
Argoo

Activity: 2296
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:10:38 PM

I think that from the point of view of the security of its crypto currency, it is, if possible, necessary to store it in its purses. Exchanges and exchangers are most often subjected to attacks by hackers, a lot of different scandals arise because of the actions of the exchange administration and exchangers.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
filtyfrank251

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:54:12 AM

Yes, I always keep the password in my purse, but I always wait for the opportunity from the market, now the market is constantly falling, if we are impatient will be one of the causes leading to failure from it.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:20:47 AM

You will also need to have a wallet that you could access quickly when you need to have an emergency money. It is not advisable to always keep you funds on the trading site or exchanger becasue you could sell or buy accidentally without knowing that you did.
rinimalo

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:24:45 AM

If you are a daily trader, then you don't really need a "hot wallet" because most of your coins may need to be stored on the trading platform. If you trade very large and often store your wallet, then the "cold wallet" is Your choice, Ethereum's wallet is very good!
eTherertradderr

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:36:00 PM

There are a lot of big exchanges like Bittrex, polonium, and many other that are good.
Chipsermans

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:38:40 PM

It just depends on your situation and also on the kind of mind set that you are having that time.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:50:50 PM

It just depends on your situation and also on the kind of mind set that you are having that time.
That doesn`t depend from mindset, like you first said it depends on situation and your plans with your coin. If you plan to hold it for while its better to have wallet, if you plan to trade with coin anytime soon its better to have it on platform and wait that moment, transferring your assets from one place to another more than once can be expensive cause of the transaction fees.
Make a plan and execute it, its very simple, and always try to protect your asset.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:52:17 AM

I would highly recommend keeping your funds in your own wallet that you hold the private keys to.  Only keep money on the exchange while your actively trading.  I have run into issues with some of the exchanges so you need to know its high risk leaving any coins with them. 

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:27:53 AM

Situations differs. If you are a trader and you day trade on a daily basis, its best to keep your coins on the exchange that you are using and if you are a long term investor, tku need to keep your coins safely in your wallet
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1313

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:34:17 AM

There are a lot of big exchanges like Bittrex, polonium, and many other that are good.

So you are suggesting him to keep all his crypto in trading platform/exchange although his main purpose is to hold the coins? It is not safe to do so obviously, storing crypto in a wallet where you have a full control of it is more recommended. No matter how good the exchange is, the risk is still higher compared to if you keep it on your own wallet.
One more question, what is polonium? Is this a name of exchange? Never heard this name before as a good exchange. Do you mean poloniex?

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
TwtRedeo

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:40:28 AM

Don't keep your funds in any platform because it may cause of losing your money much better to hard wallet the no one can know your funds and can't easy to hack.
This is to be understood that even who have got money that is not under your daily use. Either it is saved in your house or saved in banks, utilize them for more earning. Don’t let them spoil their charm and value without making use of them. bitcoin trading or investing is quite interesting and useful source that must be adopted for huge incoming of handsome profit ratios.
It is right, without using the crypto, we can't taste it and can't earn from it, then better to use it. But now we have come in this stage where every trader should understand that which amount of coins he need it on the time, but hold wise we should use wallet. 
Hattrught

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:44:01 AM

I use hard storage for most of mine, not much of a trader these days, more so an accumulator. Burned too many times trading, and can sleep at night knowing my money is stored off these exchanges
No doubt, it is risky, but these circumstances always come in every type of business, so trading is also risky, sometime profit wise and some time whenever ban trading. 
Limar0

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:27:42 PM

I would say if the intention is only to HODL then keep it safe in the wallet otherwise if you want to trade often then keep it on the trading platform.
Keeping your crypto in both trading platforms or wallets are risky. Hackers will still find ways and means how to steal our money could be in a wallet or in a cryptocurrency exchange. I totally agree with you mate that it would be better to keep your crypto in a wallet if you plan to HOLD your coins or if oftentimes you are trading, then keeping it the trading platform is also good for faster transactions if a sudden increase in value is being observed. I usually hear from the news that cryptocurrency exchanges are usually getting hacked than wallets.
joey alexander

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:57:25 PM

Who knows the exchange will not run away with your money, who knows it wouldn't be hacked and all the database will be gone, who knows it would not be bankrupt.We didn't trusted our money with the banks, so why should we trust in storing our hard earned money with exchanges, who are not even legally bound with us if they cheat us. We can't do anything against them except regretting.only use exchange  for trading.
Oasisman

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 02:23:48 PM

I would say if the intention is only to HODL then keep it safe in the wallet otherwise if you want to trade often then keep it on the trading platform.
Keeping your crypto in both trading platforms or wallets are risky. Hackers will still find ways and means how to steal our money could be in a wallet or in a cryptocurrency exchange. I totally agree with you mate that it would be better to keep your crypto in a wallet if you plan to HOLD your coins or if oftentimes you are trading, then keeping it the trading platform is also good for faster transactions if a sudden increase in value is being observed. I usually hear from the news that cryptocurrency exchanges are usually getting hacked than wallets.

So, to make it short, there is no place to keep your cryptos that doesnt hold any risks.
Now, to avoid ourselves from confusion on we properly store our assets in an exchange or in a wallet, always put this in mind. When you put your cryptos in an exchange, the main purpose is to trade, its not a good idea to store your coins passively or hodl it for a long time. The tendency of lossing it is very high. If you stop trading even for a mean time, never ever forget to transfer all your coins inside your wallet. Exchanges are very vulnerable to any kind of harm that can cause to a fund loss.
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 03:34:27 PM

So you are suggesting him to keep all his crypto in trading platform/exchange although his main purpose is to hold the coins? It is not safe to do so obviously, storing crypto in a wallet where you have a full control of it is more recommended. No matter how good the exchange is, the risk is still higher compared to if you keep it on your own wallet.
One more question, what is polonium? Is this a name of exchange? Never heard this name before as a good exchange. Do you mean poloniex?
I also think that he is talking about poloniex and that is really a bad exchange when many people are constantly complaining about it. Talk about keeping altcoin, with what you say, crypto in a wallet can be safer but in my opinion, if you are a hacker, your prey put crypto in your wallet or on the trading platform, it is the same when you have control of the computer of the prey, things are pointless when hackers can attack, keeping altcoin where you feel most convenient is what I suggest.

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
Quickharmas

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:46:13 PM

Depends how you approach the whole topic. Don't HODL your coins on exchanges, especially the centralised ones. Wallets are created to hold your coins on them safely. If you're a day trader you can keep some of your coins on exchanges but always be careful while making any moves.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 03:55:08 PM

That doesn`t depend from mindset, like you first said it depends on situation and your plans with your coin. If you plan to hold it for while its better to have wallet, if you plan to trade with coin anytime soon its better to have it on platform and wait that moment, transferring your assets from one place to another more than once can be expensive cause of the transaction fees.
Make a plan and execute it, its very simple, and always try to protect your asset.

It is definetely safer to have your funds on your wallet, but the problem is when you own several different coins. Then you have to install different wallet for each coin. And full node wallet can have several GB. Thats why I prefer to have some funds on exchanges. I know it is not very safe but it is easier for me to store coins that way.

Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:21:20 PM

Hardwallet is the best choice if you want to collect crypto nominal above average, even though the transaction fee amount will also be bigger but very safe for now, there is no exchanger market that can be trusted fully because they can be frozen or have the potential to get problems from the government at all times, the best at Crypto is to maintain personal assets in full

BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:23:06 PM

To keep in exchanges or wallets depends on your market position. If you are an investor, it's best you withdraw to wallets were you control your private keys but if you are a trader, I'm sorry, you will have to keep your coins on the exchange to facilitate trading and avoid unnecessary charges due to constant withdrawal and deposition of funds. It however poses greater risk as exchanges are prone to hacks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: