Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:33:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone heard of skycoin?  (Read 295 times)
Anonymous Kid (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:38:13 PM

Skycoin is a cryptocurrency that allows for zeros transaction fees, two second confirmation times (in comparison to Bitcoin's 10 minutes or sometimes even hours) and infinite scalability. There are also many sub-projects of Skycoin that are built using the Skycoin infrastructure such as Skywire, Skyledger, Viscript, Sky-messenger etc.

Wtaf. Why is no one talking about this?

Cart

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:43:50 PM

I saw it in June entering the top 100 on cryptopia and thought it was just a temporary occurence, but it has been keeping quite steadily!
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:51:05 PM

I heard about it only the other day maybe nobody is discussing because it is undervalued and needed to be discovered yet.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:52:21 PM

Skycoin is a cryptocurrency that allows for zeros transaction fees, two second confirmation times (in comparison to Bitcoin's 10 minutes or sometimes even hours) and infinite scalability. There are also many sub-projects of Skycoin that are built using the Skycoin infrastructure such as Skywire, Skyledger, Viscript, Sky-messenger etc.

Didn't that coin get labeled a scam when they postponed their project without any updates on their Announcement thread?

OG member.
Brian Ray
Igor17Krik

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:55:19 PM

I had never even heard of this coin. If it is then it is not worth our attention. It's just not serious!

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀            Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |            ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
1 currency now

a sharp sword

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:02:15 PM

I had never even heard of this coin. If it is then it is not worth our attention. It's just not serious!
I would not invest in it as well, I just saw the chart on Cryptopia and it looks like the price was pumped so it could be dumped on whoever buys in now.

OG member.
Brian Ray
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 08:04:34 PM

Didn't that coin get labeled a scam when they postponed their project without any updates on their Announcement thread?
Yes it was labelled as a scam and though they claimedto have raised over 50+ million dollars in their ICO, no one really heard much about them afterwards.Their site was really very informative but it was later found out to be a scam site.

blok

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:09:36 PM

Just a small-time scam coin.
1 currency now

a sharp sword

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:15:45 PM

Yes it was labelled as a scam and though they claimedto have raised over 50+ million dollars in their ICO, no one really heard much about them afterwards.Their site was really very informative but it was later found out to be a scam site.
They actually made some money through their ICO? That's a real bad system then, they didn't do anything that useful with their time.

OG member.
Brian Ray
Adlebert Coalseed

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:26:25 AM

Are we talking about the same Skycoin up in here?
THIS Skycoin?: https://github.com/skycoin

Their github activity for the last 6 (!) years puts nearly every other crypto project to shame.
They have an actual working product, with a wallet that works and specs that blow all the
existing cryptocurrencies out of the water. The scope of the Skycoin project is also on a totally
different level compared to most of the others.
A superior currency, a platform for launching other blockchain projects that does everything Ethereum fails at (SkyLedger),
Decentralized internet with dedicated hardware (Skywire), decentralized, private and anonymous apps (Sky-messenger, BBS, e.d.),
it has its own programming language (CX) that isn't a complete nightmare to learn and work with (hi ETH!), and just wtf!

I strongly advise the people in here calling it a scam to actually check this thing out.
You won't find a project as legit as this one so easily.
Anonymous Kid (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:44:57 AM

Are we talking about the same Skycoin up in here?
THIS Skycoin?: https://github.com/skycoin

Their github activity for the last 6 (!) years puts nearly every other crypto project to shame.
They have an actual working product, with a wallet that works and specs that blow all the
existing cryptocurrencies out of the water. The scope of the Skycoin project is also on a totally
different level compared to most of the others.
A superior currency, a platform for launching other blockchain projects that does everything Ethereum fails at (SkyLedger),
Decentralized internet with dedicated hardware (Skywire), decentralized, private and anonymous apps (Sky-messenger, BBS, e.d.),
it has its own programming language (CX) that isn't a complete nightmare to learn and work with (hi ETH!), and just wtf!

I strongly advise the people in here calling it a scam to actually check this thing out.
You won't find a project as legit as this one so easily.

Exactly. People calling this a scam have not done any research. After looking into this I went all in. There is no way that this isnt going to blow up. All they need is marketing.
FiveReelsTwo

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:07:44 PM

Yup.. Skycoin is a third generation cryptocurrency. Skycoin is designed to implement satoshi's original vision and fixed the problems with bitcoin.

Current Circulating supply =6,833,836

Market Cap= $317,854,676 usd or 21,879 btc

Total Supply 25,000,000 sky

Upon these numbers this is looking great. I just found out about this. These are good.

Nukleo

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:26:55 PM

Skycoin is designed as a more easy-to-use, safer alternative to Bitcoin. Skycoin puts the priority of ease, safety and ease of use over everything else.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:33:02 PM

I saw it in June entering the top 100 on cryptopia and thought it was just a temporary occurence, but it has been keeping quite steadily!
Now they are #123 of the overal crypto market but they seem  to be pumped pretty much since the end of december. I am surprised that the coin is active since april and they are listed only on C2CX (the project's own exchange with only 2 pairs SKY / BTC and BCH / BTC, that always smell fishy) and Cryptopia. Anyway right now the coin is going down and it is not a good time for buying.

Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:37:55 PM

Skycoin is pretty popular now, just for convenience in use, but I did not hear about the forks, and there was no forum topic, I need to study their advantages, thanks

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:10:45 PM

I have read about it, but I did not pay much attention to this information. I have just have checked the charts of Skycoin and they show that this alt is fluctuating. However, as I see some people believe into it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14l1lUoKLPI
SungkZ

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:23:47 PM

Skycoin is a cryptocurrency that allows for zeros transaction fees

Just out of curiosity because I didn't understand much about how blockchain has been created, is it really possible to make a transaction to any kind of cryto without a transaction fee? Any detailed explanation for a YES or NO will be greatly appreciated!

ONe Social Network  Bringing it all Together!   [   ONe   ]
PRESALE  »  12 June   |   https://www.onesocialnetwork.io
twintalk

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:35:13 AM

Skycoin is a cryptocurrency that allows for zeros transaction fees

Just out of curiosity because I didn't understand much about how blockchain has been created, is it really possible to make a transaction to any kind of cryto without a transaction fee? Any detailed explanation for a YES or NO will be greatly appreciated!

I'm researching things and came across your question although it's from a few weeks ago.  Yes, it's possible to have no transaction fees.  A lot of projects don't do it for a couple of reasons: 1) They want to reward the consensus miners through the transaction fees, or 2) They are concerned about the possibility of spam on the network.

I'm invested in Skycoin and they have come up with good solutions to both issues: 1) They have implemented a new consensus model (Obelisk) that eliminates the need for traditional miners which as we've seen with other projects leads to centralization.  2) People who hold Skycoins in their wallet earn 1 CoinHour per hour for each coin that is held in the wallet (similar to Gas).  CoinHours are burnt when transactions are sent, so the CoinHours serve as the congestion-reduction mechanism instead of spending actual Skycoin.  CoinHours will also be used to purchase bandwidth on the Skywire internet, and will also have other uses that haven't been rolled out yet (spendable in blockchain games, ability to trade them for Skycoin or other coins, etc).
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:50:04 AM

I heared about it some years ago but unfortunately I forgot to follow closer this project  Undecided I remember it was really promising.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 03:42:58 PM

I heard about of this coin by some one but this coin is not a particular coin its need to be popular as compared to other coin.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: