Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:51:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] BTC Growth: Capital Growth via Hedge Fund-Style Investing  (Read 251433 times)
DrGregMulhauser (OP)

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:01:59 PM

Why don't you call him Ytt? If he can swing your staunch attitude with a phone call, maybe you'd be more at ease?

Please don't. I have no interest in trying to swing anyone's attitude about anything, and I have no intention of spending time on phone-based hand-holding to help anyone feel more at ease.

As I have indicated previously, the detailed documentation which I have already provided reflects a tremendous amount of my personal time and effort, and it is incumbent upon potential participants to read and evaluate what I have already spent that time and effort providing. If potential participants find that this material is in any way insufficient, then they should not phone me to ask for still more personal attention, they should simply make the decision not to participate.

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
DrGregMulhauser (OP)

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:55:57 PM

The first monthly report for BTC Growth will be published in summary form on BTC-TC and in both summary and detailed form on the fund's discussion thread on Monday 16 September at 1 pm UK time. For reference, this is 8 am in New York and 8 pm in Beijing.

For more information on the fund itself, please see the listing documents:

https://btct.co/security/BTC-GROWTH

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:56:45 PM

Can we have some indication regarding your inclination to current investment options? How do you feel about the current mining options? How do you feel about alt currencies and similar (payment systems, etc.)? What are some current attractive investments? Do you have some basic understanding of how the Bitcoin protocol even works?
Seems bizarre to issue more than 1m USD worth of shares, without having any history in Bitcoin or giving any indication about how you intend to invest. I may have missed a post where you explain this, but I couldn't find any of this kind of information in the listing documents.
xchrisxsays

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:00:39 PM

Can we have some indication regarding your inclination to current investment options? How do you feel about the current mining options? How do you feel about alt currencies and similar (payment systems, etc.)? What are some current attractive investments? Do you have some basic understanding of how the Bitcoin protocol even works?
Seems bizarre to issue more than 1m USD worth of shares, without having any history in Bitcoin or giving any indication about how you intend to invest. I may have missed a post where you explain this, but I couldn't find any of this kind of information in the listing documents.

He answered the majority of those questions in the prospectus and in this thread already. He didn't issue more than $1m USD worth of shares... it's around $200,000 worth. Not really sure where you got that number from. Do your own due diligence no one is going to do it for you.
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:34:25 PM

He answered the majority of those questions in the prospectus and in this thread already. He didn't issue more than $1m USD worth of shares... it's around $200,000 worth. Not really sure where you got that number from. Do your own due diligence no one is going to do it for you.

There is around $240,000 worth of shares outstanding, yes, but the btct page includes some intention to issue 1000000 shares, unless he inputted that number with no purpose.

Regardless of the number, where did he "answer the majority of those questions in the prospectus and in this thread already"?
I've read through the thread and prospectus and do not see any information of the type I specified. Would be happy if you could point it out Smiley
xchrisxsays

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:24:19 PM

There is around $240,000 worth of shares outstanding, yes, but the btct page includes some intention to issue 1000000 shares, unless he inputted that number with no purpose.

Regardless of the number, where did he "answer the majority of those questions in the prospectus and in this thread already"?
I've read through the thread and prospectus and do not see any information of the type I specified. Would be happy if you could point it out Smiley

Are you sure you've read through it? Cause he specifies that he was doing the IPO in tranches of 20,000. He felt that the first 20,000 shares was sufficient and he's leaving it at that. The 1,000,000 shares is just placed there, it doesn't mean anything.

He isn't going to tell you "attractive" investments, he is keeping his investment strategy private he isn't going to give you "hot" tips for your personal investment.

He isn't messing with mining (you used the term "options", I'm not sure if you mean actual options trading or just choices of mining stocks) either way, he isn't investing in mining companies.

He also discussed investing in non-BTC investments but would focus the majority of his investments in BTC, since that's the point of the fund.
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:55:03 PM

Congrats on reaching 2000 BTC, Greg. That's fairly serious money. Good luck.

thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:50:34 AM

It's not 1m USD, but rather 12 500 000 USD issued shares value and around 250 000 USD worth for the outstanding shares at around 125 at gox at the moment.
Was around 15 000 000 /300 000 USD a few days ago with price around 150 USD/coin and probably around 10 000 000/200 000 USD worth at the time the first batch was sold if BTC was at 100 USD then.

"Outstanding 20001 / 1000000 Issued"

A high number of issued shares is more to give the asset issuer more/unlimited room to sell shares in the future even thou he/she may not ever intend to actually issue the full amount of shares, if he would have set a limit of 40 000 or 100 000 issued and the fund would go good and he wanted to expand in the future that would have meant trouble, he would then have had to start a BTC-GROWTH2 or something then...

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 08:16:34 AM

Have fun throwing your money away, people.

Also, go read the 1262 posts I've made here before you criticize me. Apparently you're not supposed to criticize anyone in this thread until you've read everything they've ever written.

bobdude17

Activity: 454

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:02:30 AM

Have fun throwing your money away, people.

Also, go read the 1262 posts I've made here before you criticize me. Apparently you're not supposed to criticize anyone in this thread until you've read everything they've ever written.

The way he handled your criticism helped sell me.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:15:41 PM

Has 1pm UK time come and gone? Do I have the right day?
saveawedge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:18:29 PM

Report will be released on "Monday 16 September at 1 pm UK time". It's Tuesday 10th September today.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:21:45 PM

Report will be released on "Monday 16 September at 1 pm UK time". It's Tuesday 10th September today.

Ok I'm sorry, its early in the morning here.  Read it wrong.  Thank you for pointing that out.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:28:45 PM

Who wants to start guessing what the report next week will say? How much profit/loss for the first month?

I am going to make a wild guess and say the report will show a profit of 5% Grin

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:39:49 PM

Who wants to start guessing what the report next week will say? How much profit/loss for the first month?

I am going to make a wild guess and say the report will show a profit of 5% Grin

It's more fun to guess what the share price will do in response to the report. BTC-investors tend to react very strongly to news, rumours and random fear-mongering. I expect that whatever the monthly report says, there will be a strongly amplified initial reaction visible in the share price (at least initially, it may settle at a value that better reflects the performance of the fund after a while).
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:33:00 PM

It's more fun to guess what the share price will do in response to the report. BTC-investors tend to react very strongly to news, rumours and random fear-mongering. I expect that whatever the monthly report says, there will be a strongly amplified initial reaction visible in the share price (at least initially, it may settle at a value that better reflects the performance of the fund after a while).

Right. If my guess is correct that the report says profit is 5%, the price will rise over 50% (or 500%), and then slowly settle downwards toward the IPO price. And anybody who bought at the height will loudly complain about how this fund is losing them money.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:39:54 PM

Right. If my guess is correct that the report says profit is 5%, the price will rise over 50% (or 500%), and then slowly settle downwards toward the IPO price. And anybody who bought at the height will loudly complain about how this fund is losing them money.

Doubt it.  Unless I misunderstand his intentions totally, shortly after publishing reports he'll place Asks slightly above NAV/U and Bids slightly below it.  Even if he doesn't place orders he'll be filling orders.  So market price will be kept stable for a period after the report.

Funds which can issue (effectively) unlimited paper should never be trading far from NAV/U.

The only interesting movement is likely to be BEFORE the report if people strongly believe he will have made or lost anything significant.  But I  think most who bought this realise it's designed for investment not speculation (i.e. the price tied hard to NAV/U) so will just and wait and see.

5% (your guess) would be pretty impressive given that the month started with zero actually invested.  Getting significant(ish) BTC invested at all (without moving prices) takes a while to do.  Though I guess he could have made a few % just by dumping it into J-D and pulling from there gradually to move into actual intended investments.
xchrisxsays

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:56:54 PM

Doubt it.  Unless I misunderstand his intentions totally, shortly after publishing reports he'll place Asks slightly above NAV/U and Bids slightly below it.  Even if he doesn't place orders he'll be filling orders.  So market price will be kept stable for a period after the report.

Funds which can issue (effectively) unlimited paper should never be trading far from NAV/U.

The only interesting movement is likely to be BEFORE the report if people strongly believe he will have made or lost anything significant.  But I  think most who bought this realise it's designed for investment not speculation (i.e. the price tied hard to NAV/U) so will just and wait and see.

5% (your guess) would be pretty impressive given that the month started with zero actually invested.  Getting significant(ish) BTC invested at all (without moving prices) takes a while to do.  Though I guess he could have made a few % just by dumping it into J-D and pulling from there gradually to move into actual intended investments.

When you use the notation "U", is that number of shares?
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:01:18 PM

Doubt it.  Unless I misunderstand his intentions totally, shortly after publishing reports he'll place Asks slightly above NAV/U and Bids slightly below it.  Even if he doesn't place orders he'll be filling orders.  So market price will be kept stable for a period after the report.

The only interesting movement is likely to be BEFORE the report if people strongly believe he will have made or lost anything significant.  But I  think most who bought this realise it's designed for investment not speculation (i.e. the price tied hard to NAV/U) so will just and wait and see.

5% (your guess) would be pretty impressive given that the month started with zero actually invested.  Getting significant(ish) BTC invested at all (without moving prices) takes a while to do.  Though I guess he could have made a few % just by dumping it into J-D and pulling from there gradually to move into actual intended investments.

Yes, it stands for "unit", so NAV/U is Net Asset Value per Unit.
xchrisxsays

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:05:41 PM

Yes, it stand for "unit", so NAV/U is Net Asset Value per Unit.

Ok thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: