Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:05:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0chain - world's first free scalable decentralized cloud  (Read 2763 times)
0chain (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:33:22 PM

Are there really only "3 primary miners, 6 secondary miners, and 6 bench miners"?  That doesn't sound like much!

@xibeijan - Yes thats a total of 15 miners for the initial IoT chain.  But you can fork a different chain with more miners.  The consensus is set at 5/9 but is configurable and can be 8/9 for a bank-grade chain.  Point is you need to balance the mining cost with practical usage.  Our initial chain would be better than anything that DApps use today (AWS, state channels, etc.) in terms of security and cost.

Can it support thousands of miners?

What do you mean by fork?

@xibeijan - Yes it can depends on the chain that is forked that needs x miners.  But say you have 20 miners on average per chain, then you can have 50 chains to reach 1000.  Depends on how the governance protocol is structured but we intend to ask 50% of existing top miners to commit to a new chain for a certain period before they get replaced by other miners.  However each chain needs to have a good reason to exist and would need stakeholder approval.

Regarding fork, I mean there is a self-forking protocol to fork a new chain that is approved by stakeholders.  Different applications or verticals have different needs.  Banks that do credit card and micropayment may want super-fast finality. High value transactions can be slower and may want a stricter consensus.  Analytics or AI applications may want higher block time in minutes so that it enables computations to be completed.  IoT applications want superfast finality because that data is then fed to the next code that creates a notification or averaging or AI response.
0chain (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:40:01 PM

Hello dev I like the concept and I think this project will have a big future . I'l support as far as possible.

Thank you @mark159
noloco

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:51:26 PM

Will subchains compete for resources with other chains? Could some chains get stronger and other dissapear without support of miners, sharders, etc?

MisterPresident

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:59:58 PM

Sounds interesting. I keep following this project.
0chain (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:06:37 PM

Will subchains compete for resources with other chains? Could some chains get stronger and other dissapear without support of miners, sharders, etc?

@noloco thats something we need to sort out in the governance protocol.  In the creation phase, stakeholders need to debate those issues and vote.  But in the event a chain gets less transaction or blocks created, the miners/sharders won't be affected because they get a token payout regardless, and their infrastructure is a sunk cost.  So if they want more traffic/blocks created, they would need to lower their prices, and the economics would be similar to the infrastructure upgrade cycle process in any cloud infra today.

If you're talking about consensus getting weaker, that will not happen because its decoupled from traffic/storage, and is based on the consensus parameter for that particular chain.  Additionally if miners are involved in other chains, their combined reputation would be affected by anything they do malicious in the weaker chain, such as collude to pass a bad transaction.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:21:43 PM

sounds great
because i see bitclave in the list of partner from this project,

Anycrypt

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:27:38 PM

yes indeed the project seems very promising with a good idea and a team.
I will follow this project, I think he will shoot high
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:06:44 PM

Are there really only "3 primary miners, 6 secondary miners, and 6 bench miners"?  That doesn't sound like much!

@xibeijan - Yes thats a total of 15 miners for the initial IoT chain.  But you can fork a different chain with more miners.  The consensus is set at 5/9 but is configurable and can be 8/9 for a bank-grade chain.  Point is you need to balance the mining cost with practical usage.  Our initial chain would be better than anything that DApps use today (AWS, state channels, etc.) in terms of security and cost.

@xibeijan - Yes it can depends on the chain that is forked that needs x miners.  But say you have 20 miners on average per chain, then you can have 50 chains to reach 1000.  Depends on how the governance protocol is structured but we intend to ask 50% of existing top miners to commit to a new chain for a certain period before they get replaced by other miners.  However each chain needs to have a good reason to exist and would need stakeholder approval.

Regarding fork, I mean there is a self-forking protocol to fork a new chain that is approved by stakeholders.  Different applications or verticals have different needs.  Banks that do credit card and micropayment may want super-fast finality. High value transactions can be slower and may want a stricter consensus.  Analytics or AI applications may want higher block time in minutes so that it enables computations to be completed.  IoT applications want superfast finality because that data is then fed to the next code that creates a notification or averaging or AI response.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question well.  Very keen now that I understand more.

Is this idea similar to Ethereum's sharding?  Participants only need to download the main chain and any chains they are interested in?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
0chain (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:09:34 AM

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question well.  Very keen now that I understand more.

Is this idea similar to Ethereum's sharding?  Participants only need to download the main chain and any chains they are interested in?

@xibeijan No, Ethereum defines sharding as splitting consensus.  We define sharding in traditional storage sense of horizontally storage scaling, without affecting security of mining blocks. Totally different.
Buntel168

Activity: 854

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:16:21 AM

wow.. great project i see, 0-cost cloud for IOT, web, enterprise apps's nice idea in this project. hope this project will be success.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lanmao

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:32:06 PM

This project is bringing a new innovative idea. I am going to support this project if possible, good luck
hpulijala

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:39:03 AM

Very great initiative.. Are there any roadmap document that we can see like when this will be on exchanges etc. I understand that this a long term project..and please work on marketing team as thats the only lacking as of now.
lovejoel

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:25:59 PM

0chain is a scam, they banning members who asks for mvp, its a pure quick Money gram, stay away, its not having any potential, they giving your their worthless shit tokens for your valuable ethereum

scam!!!
lovejoel

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:27:02 PM

0chain is a scam, they banning members who asks for mvp, its a pure quick Money gram, stay away, its not having any potential, they giving your their worthless shit tokens for your valuable ethereum

SCAM!!!
lovejoel

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:29:17 PM

0chain is a scam, they are banning members who asks for mvp, its a pure quick Money gram, stay away, its not having any potential, they are giving you their worthless shit tokens for your valuable ethereum

SCAM !!!
BitcoinGoat

Activity: 272
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:31:14 PM

I really do not understand what is this... And does this even have a product yet? Or is this and ICO in the works???

♉ ♉ ♉ TRAW - THE REAL ALWAYS WINS! - Cryptocurrency for community good ☻☺! Join the AIRDROP via DiscordHERE ♉ ♉ ♉
selfmukti

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:25:58 AM

I read this interesting proposal but I did not understand how and when to get the coins. Will there be an airdrop?

Yeah, in telegram you can find pinned message, that there will be no public sale, only pre-sale. But they also will have an airdrop зa 100k coins.
selfmukti

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:16:00 AM

I don't think that this project is a SCAMM. Mr. Saswata Basu recently had a conversation with TheGobOne and OhHeyMatty. Matty has given 0chain the highest score. And also I saw another guy Cryptospace Journe, he has already invested in 0chain.
selfmukti

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:24:17 AM

But why did they remove their partners form website? They said that we don't want to unveil them before the end of ico but why did they post 'em there in the first place? Strange.
yeyz20171031

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:52:15 AM

Does the 0chain program have no bounty movement? There is no formal collection, only pre sale. 10% of the tokens are issued after the end of the pre sale, and the rest will be released linearly in 180 days. It seems to be the only way to buy the two - level trading market.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: