Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:07:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MemoryCoin  (Read 100280 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:13:24 PM

stuck at block 2060 here

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
torbank

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:47:02 PM

Running the latest code, I was getting a SEGFAULT on start up (whilst checking the Genesis block).

I had to revert PoWHash() to the original scrypt() call to get it to work. PoWHashScratchPad() seems to work fine with the new scryptscratchpad().
torbank

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:27:01 PM

The good news is I am also seeing improved mining performance.

Smiley
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:26:49 AM

All 3 my machines went down at block 2060 so it looks as if there are still some problems with grant-block processing.
As I mentioned before, once the problem is solved that you can load the blockchain while mining, this will prove the client is stable enough to run without crashing.

Okay, that sounds like stability issue 1 . . . it's weird that you'd be seeing problems on all your machines, when many others don't have any stability problem . . . I wonder what might be common to all three machines.

I'm assuming these aren't hard machine crashes, as you know which block you're going down on. It would be helpful to get the tail end of the debug.log file after a crash . . it will probably have crashed somewhere in the middle of the grant allocation code, and then there will be some superfluous network activity . . . just before the network activity is where the interesting stuff is.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:28:06 AM

Some thoughts on next steps for MC -
http://21stcenturymoneytalk.org/index.php/topic,34.0.html

Interested in everyone's thoughts on next steps for the coin.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:35:03 AM

Running the latest code, I was getting a SEGFAULT on start up (whilst checking the Genesis block).

I had to revert PoWHash() to the original scrypt() call to get it to work. PoWHashScratchPad() seems to work fine with the new scryptscratchpad().

Thanks for this - it was causing the 32 bit crash too. I'll take it out of the release and get a new version up soon.

jestronix

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:01:00 AM

Some thoughts on next steps for MC -
http://21stcenturymoneytalk.org/index.php/topic,34.0.html

Interested in everyone's thoughts on next steps for the coin.

Definitely what needs to happen, one other fix would be the ability to kick off mining before its fully synced, but have the app wait rather then the user having to come back and kick it off.  A pool is a great idea and will get things moving along, a website is a must.

My wallets are stuck too, about 2 hours now since last block, usually get a few an hour. 
SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:41:42 AM

FreeTrade,
can you put a "win32 {" around all your "C:\" stuff in the beginning of file "bitcoin-qt.pro"
that would be nice.
you can put the "BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54" line inside too...

It miss some leveldb building too,
I have to build the daemon to make them available.
or remove the comment in front of :
Code:
    genleveldb.commands = cd $$PWD/src/leveldb && CC=$$QMAKE_CC CXX=$$QMAKE_CXX $(MAKE) OPT=\"$$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS $$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE\" libleveldb.a libmemenv.a
and
    genleveldb.commands = cd $$PWD/src/leveldb && CC=$$QMAKE_CC CXX=$$QMAKE_CXX TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS_CROSSCOMPILE $(MAKE) OPT=\"$$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS $$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE\" libleveldb.a libmemenv.a && $

Still it crash on Ubuntu 32bits
torbank

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:50:29 AM

FreeTrade,
can you put a "win32 {" around all your "C:\" stuff in the beginning of file "bitcoin-qt.pro"
that would be nice.

Code:
    genleveldb.commands = cd $$PWD/src/leveldb && CC=$$QMAKE_CC CXX=$$QMAKE_CXX $(MAKE) OPT=\"$$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS $$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE\" libleveldb.a libmemenv.a
and
    genleveldb.commands = cd $$PWD/src/leveldb && CC=$$QMAKE_CC CXX=$$QMAKE_CXX TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS_CROSSCOMPILE $(MAKE) OPT=\"$$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS $$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE\" libleveldb.a libmemenv.a && $

+1
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:52:14 AM

FreeTrade,
that would be nice.

Sure, can you send the updated file to me at memorycoincc@gmail.com - I'm still not too comfortable with git and github yet.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:53:53 AM

Definitely what needs to happen, one other fix would be the ability to kick off mining before its fully synced, but have the app wait rather then the user having to come back and kick it off.

Agreed.

My wallets are stuck too, about 2 hours now since last block, usually get a few an hour. 

That's happening sometimes - check the block viewer to see if you're on the latest block, if not, a restart should nudge it to update.

B.T.Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:47:54 AM

All 3 my machines went down at block 2060 so it looks as if there are still some problems with grant-block processing.
As I mentioned before, once the problem is solved that you can load the blockchain while mining, this will prove the client is stable enough to run without crashing.

Okay, that sounds like stability issue 1 . . . it's weird that you'd be seeing problems on all your machines, when many others don't have any stability problem . . . I wonder what might be common to all three machines.

I'm assuming these aren't hard machine crashes, as you know which block you're going down on. It would be helpful to get the tail end of the debug.log file after a crash . . it will probably have crashed somewhere in the middle of the grant allocation code, and then there will be some superfluous network activity . . . just before the network activity is where the interesting stuff is.

You assume righ about it not being hard machine crashes. The program looks fine but the only way to tell it's not working is by opening the debug window and looking at the block number. My 6-core and 4-core both got stuck on a block again tonight.
When I close the program, I have to go into the windows task manager to kill the memorycoin.exe*32 process manually or I can't start the client again.
I will E-mail you the tail ends of the debug.log files but I don't think you will find anything interesting there. All I could see were some connection timeouts.
AFTER I killed the memorycoin process manually in the task manager, these lines were added to the debug.log on both machines:
net thread interrupt
dumpaddr thread stop
opencon thread interrupt
addcon thread interrupt

On my 2-core celeron machine the program crashed due to a runtime error. I will include that debug.log too.

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:41:07 AM

New release - fixes startup crash on some systems.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-5Ax5kejTpMelRIUFp4Z2s5Q1E/edit?usp=sharing

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:53:04 AM

Updated yesterday evening to 'releaseAllocatedMemory'. Everything seems to be running as usual, but I've got no new blocks mined since then. Previously I've always had several overnight.

Just bad luck, or something more sinister? Latest info -

{
"blocks" : 2072,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00024218,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 25.28735632,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:56:50 AM

Just bad luck, or something more sinister? Latest info -

"difficulty" : 0.00024218,

I think the answer is in the question - difficulty going up because of the more efficient and stable releases.

stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:31:14 PM

have updated both of my 32bit clients (win7 and vista)

both are now getting better hashpersec numbers than they were previously by 20%-30%
thank you:)

auctioneeeeer

Activity: 305

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:39:45 PM

This is the release I've been waiting for.  I can now run all of my 10 core Ivy Bridge Xeons with genproclimit set to -1 and no crashes!   Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

(and it appears better performance too!)
21stcenturymoney

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 03:56:53 PM

FreeTrade,
that would be nice.

Code:
and

Still it crash on Ubuntu 32bits

I still prefer the fix that changes it to fetch that information from environmental variables on all the platforms.  Our windows build environment needs different values and this does not let us easily override them.

https://bitbucket.org/mytwobits/memorycoin/commits/c5c6674e0be0acd8cfe6d21ebfd1b9b6d0ca2288

albon
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1395

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:07:23 PM

I keep getting a runtime error

Happens 2-3 times a day and I have to restart the client

I am running on Win 7-64

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
21stcenturymoney

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 04:13:19 PM

FreeTrade,
that would be nice.

Sure, can you send the updated file to me at memorycoincc@gmail.com - I'm still not too comfortable with git and github yet.

You could try https://bitbucket.org/mytwobits/memorycoin/raw/cce51b91caf06d251af550eb6945fa8b68549752/bitcoin-qt.pro

Then you would either need to make bat file to set up those variables for your environment or code them in similar to the way the mac ones are later in the file.

This also fixes it so the mac ones can be overridden finally,and lets the environmental variable overrides work in all three build environments now instead of just linux.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: