Bitcoin Forum
August 28, 2024, 06:23:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MemoryCoin  (Read 100304 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:40:03 PM

Well, I don't yet have "quality" videos, but I do have a good audience (over 250,000 views on YT), and as I begin to earn money online I can get better and better, and I am willing to accept lower payment for early work.

If you want to see my videos, search "FinShaggy" on YouTube. If you search for me on Google, there's like 50+ pages. So if I get paid, I can make sure your coin gets some exposure. And I can eventually help with art, and make slideshows and everything.

Hmmm - looking to target a rather narrow audience . . . those who understand CryptoCurrency (Bitcoin) already, but are looking for the next improvement in the field. The aim then is to explain the advantage of MC to an educated audience, rather than to explain the basics to a wide audience. What sort of followers do you have on YT?

RepNet is a reputational social network blockchain for uncensored Twitter/Reddit style discussion. 10% Interest On All Balances. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 04:54:49 PM

Well, I don't yet have "quality" videos, but I do have a good audience (over 250,000 views on YT), and as I begin to earn money online I can get better and better, and I am willing to accept lower payment for early work.

If you want to see my videos, search "FinShaggy" on YouTube. If you search for me on Google, there's like 50+ pages. So if I get paid, I can make sure your coin gets some exposure. And I can eventually help with art, and make slideshows and everything.

Hmmm - looking to target a rather narrow audience . . . those who understand CryptoCurrency (Bitcoin) already, but are looking for the next improvement in the field. The aim then is to explain the advantage of MC to an educated audience, rather than to explain the basics to a wide audience. What sort of followers do you have on YT?

I don't have any specific kind of audience. I post Bitcoin videos, Devcoin videos, Videos about the future, Videos about history, Videos about the bible, Videos about cooking, Videos about Growing weed, Videos about making hash, Videos about smoking cigars (tobacco). And more.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:33:37 PM

I truly do hope that you're right about this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that there's plenty of people out there either too blindly greedy, or too stupid to not try this.

Looks like you're right - there is an attempt underway to privatize the grant again - I don't know if BTCoin is behind it, or if his story is true that he sold up, but whoever has those coins is battling to win the grant. Here's the last vote -

Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEof5RLVTWaTzheC1oUci1f7gp9UzL 30190
Candidate Elected: MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN (42149)

Since then, more coins have moved to support this address, and it will soon win the vote.

As I mentioned before, if the owners of the coin collectively are not prepared to support development, I'm not prepared to continue to volunteer my efforts for free. If the grant falls into private hands, the coin is failed in my view and I'm out.

So, last ditch appeal . . .

1) If you're not voting, send 0.00000001 to  MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN
2) If you are voting, make sure MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN is your number 1 preference
3) If you have funds in an exchange, put them in a wallet and vote

Good luck.

RepNet is a reputational social network blockchain for uncensored Twitter/Reddit style discussion. 10% Interest On All Balances. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:59:25 PM

I think I was alrady voting for the MCF, but anyways I send 0.00000001 MEG to the MCF....hope that helps.
Hope you won´t lose your grand....but this only shows how important it is that we change the voting system.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:08:28 PM

I think I was alrady voting for the MCF, but anyways I send 0.00000001 MEG to the MCF....hope that helps.

Thanks Pascal - yes you were already voting for MCF.

Here's the latest as at Block 8820 -

Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEof5RLVTWaTzheC1oUci1f7gp9UzL 34245
Candidate Elected: MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN (37933)

The battle is nearly lost.

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:19:17 PM

Just voted again, but I think I was before.

Good luck.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:31:51 AM

Okay, I think it's time to call it. MemoryCoin RIP - Block 8840

I think the end may have ultimately be caused by spite rather than cupidity or even stupidy.

Might have another go at it in a month's time. I think the voting system for a single grant may be workable so long as imbalances in the coin's distribution haven't built up, and expectations of interest payments haven't become embedded.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the experiment! I certainly learned a few things, some of the disappointing, but all of them interesting.

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:50:39 AM

I think the end may have ultimately be caused by spite rather than cupidity or even stupidy.

Might have another go at it in a month's time. I think the voting system for a single grant may be workable so long as imbalances in the coin's distribution haven't built up, and expectations of interest payments haven't become embedded.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the experiment! I certainly learned a few things, some of the disappointing, but all of them interesting.

Please dont have "another go".
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 09:03:21 AM

Thats rude but i agree. i don't think a voting system has any place in a cryptocurrency.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 09:53:52 AM

Thats rude but i agree. i don't think a voting system has any place in a cryptocurrency.

We could start a poll for that.
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 10:22:12 AM

Can I get a TL;DR of this thread? I only followed Memcoin a bit in the beginning and reading the last two pages now makes it look like this:

Hey look, cool coin where YOU can vote who wins the jackpot! Vote for me and I'll continue developing. What, you want to win the jackot yourself instead of giving it to me for my hard work? F*** OFF, now I'll make your coins worthless! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth

From what I saw there were some forking issues, so the only truly necessary thing is pushing out some checkpoints every other week, right? Shouldn't be too hard to find a dev willing to do that for a small fee.Or are there other issues besides some forking (attempts?)?
IMO the creator of a coin shouldn't be able to destroy the coin nor see his users as enemy, so the last responses of FreeTrade are rather WTF...

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:03:15 AM

Can I get a TL;DR of this thread? I only followed Memcoin a bit in the beginning and reading the last two pages now makes it look like this:

Hey look, cool coin where YOU can vote who wins the jackpot! Vote for me and I'll continue developing. What, you want to win the jackot yourself instead of giving it to me for my hard work? F*** OFF, now I'll make your coins worthless! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth

From what I saw there were some forking issues, so the only truly necessary thing is pushing out some checkpoints every other week, right? Shouldn't be too hard to find a dev willing to do that for a small fee.Or are there other issues besides some forking (attempts?)?
IMO the creator of a coin shouldn't be able to destroy the coin nor see his users as enemy, so the last responses of FreeTrade are rather WTF...

+1 well said

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:17:16 PM

Yeah, there's some stability issues there - it needs an upgrade to the latest Bitcoin source. How could that be done or funded? Well there's a whole grant infrastructure there to allow that, but so far owners have been too shortsighted to use it.

In my view the coin is dead because I'm not prepared to volunteer free development for it anymore, and the owners aren't prepared to pay for it, so it's effectively stalled. However, if other owners want to try to revive it, that's fine, I'll take off the RIP. If it can survive without me, well that would be really interesting, so good luck, but I'm out.

stas

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:21:02 PM

why END?
what,  the MCF grant did not get elected one or few times and that's it?

Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:57:56 PM

Dev support may die, but coins live on, see ByteCoin

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:59:41 PM

yup someone might take the job up someday like bytecoin (see me Tongue) ahah

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:33:58 PM

You are not patient enough for a crypto-curreny to be mature.

how old is this coin ?

User's seems to tend to support this coin, so be patient for this coin to go high.

you just need an exchange service.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
B.T.Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:17:46 PM

Indeed this is what it looks like.
FreeTrade always told us that he wanted the grant to go to something with a large community backing. Well, as it turns out, the Revolution Pool has a very large community backing but FreeTrade will not accept that as he does not get his share.
FreeTrade has pushed his plan for this single large vote without even listening to all the proposals that were made by the community. Nobody backed this plan but he thought it would be the answer to get 'private' votes banned.
As things turned out, it would be better to have kept the 5-grant system.

I understand that FreeTrade would appreciate some support for his coding efforts, but you can't extort the community to get your way.
It has been shown that the community will use the grant system to reward themselves. No matter how you change it, this will always be the way people think and act.

I think the best solution would be if FreeTrade would kindly ask SlyWax (Revolution Pool owner) if he can have 20% of the grant and the other 80% is distributed among the revolution pool voters. I think there is a real chance this could happen.
If not, someone else could take up the idea to start a pool with a fixed contribution to FreeTrade or people could change their voting preferences back to the MCF instead of the Revolution Pool.
Either way, whatever will happen is what the community wants to happen as was intended all along (according to what FreeTrade communicated up to now).

Power to the People.

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:53:39 PM

What is to become of the foundation's memorycoins?  Sell, hold, shrewd (send to MVoToShrewdedCoin)...

Well for existing bounties, I've set a 48hr limit on them - if they're claimed before then, they'll be paid out. After that, if there's a credible revival of the coin I'll send them to whatever projects are supporting the coin. If there's no credible revival, I'll put them towards support of a relaunch or coin that maintains MC's aims.

Also, what did you like about the results of the [Experiment] and what did you not like?  (In thinking of your next coin)  I had always thought CPU Only was a goal, but that seems hopeless with bots and EC2.  

I started writing about this, but it's turning into a long post so I'll post it separately as its own topic.

daserpent1

Activity: 435

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:00:38 AM

My memorycoin Client isn't opening! It starts then it verifying blocks... and then windows gives me error about it could not open the application.

Please help.

This is the error message in full

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   memorycoin-qt.exe
  Application Version:   0.8.99.0
  Application Timestamp:   521e12f9
  Fault Module Name:   msvcrt.dll
  Fault Module Version:   7.0.7601.17744
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4eeaf722
  Exception Code:   c00000fd
  Exception Offset:   0000cd12
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   26dd
  Additional Information 2:   26dd602239fe048ca66a4459f81bea8f
  Additional Information 3:   2605
  Additional Information 4:   260595db5a4f8cb48e9d8eb2c778c084
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: