Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2024, 10:23:07 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MemoryCoin  (Read 100304 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:17:04 PM

Do we have to keep the wallet.dat for the new release?

Yes!

I seem to remember you posted your MEG address on this thread - so maybe you can find it here.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:51:51 PM

seems like your reviving this ? good your supporting the guys you abandoned but i'd rather see this coin die..
this was the most clever system i have seen in the whole alt coin scene (notice i avoided using the word scamcoin lol)

i could illustrate how this was the smartest system ever made and i can prove it too
you can SAY your intentions are good but the fact of the matter is you released a coin and raked in massive coins
you really couldn't get closer to a scamcoin if you tried..

and you can self moderate your topics all you want deleting what i and other have said but we will still be heard

FUD first & ask questions later™
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:43:34 PM

Do we have to keep the wallet.dat for the new release?

Yes!

I seem to remember you posted your MEG address on this thread - so maybe you can find it here.

LOL, your memory is way better then mine, I totally forgot Tongue

After I searched all my posts in my post history I found my address and its on the list Smiley
donvitovd

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:52:19 AM

where to download the wallet ?

The link in the begining of the thread seams to be broken ...
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:21:58 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 05:02:01 AM by Sharky444

I don't think a relaunch without changing the name is a good idea. If you give it a new name, new logo, and support it much better this time you have a chance, otherwise not.

Radix - just imagine
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:42:58 AM

I don't think a relaunch without changing the name is a good idea. If you give it a new name, new logo, and support it much better this time you have a chance, otherwise not.

I think we'll use a new ticker - so MEG for the old dead blockchain and MMC for new fork. But I like the name and logo so don't want to change these.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Kazahstanec

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:52:01 AM

I think we'll use a new ticker - so MEG for the old dead blockchain and MMC for new fork. But I like the name and logo so don't want to change these.

But you speak that it is necessary to keep wallet.dat. And if you change the name as it will be used? ? And when there will be a start of a new coin.And that there will be with balance on the account old a fork??
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:00:29 AM

But you speak that it is necessary to keep wallet.dat. And if you change the name as it will be used? ? And when there will be a start of a new coin.And that there will be with balance on the account old a fork??

I think if we tried to maintain all the old balances, there'd need to be a 25% premine and the coin wouldn't have a chance with that size premine.

Kazahstanec

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:08:11 AM

Clearly. But then there is a question - when start of a new coin and why works old fork? ? ?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:16:19 AM

Clearly. But then there is a question - when start of a new coin and why works old fork? ? ?

You cannot stop a fork. As long as people use a fork, it exist but the coin from it have no value.

Let's not rush the new launch. We have to discuss the reasons why the previous launch failed.
We need a smart and motivated community.
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:48:34 PM

I think we must let other people know that it is a memorycoin  , which can't be mined with gpu's or asic's , that is what makes me like the

coin .

other coins like quark and kingcoin always said that it was only to be mined with cpu but after time it wasn't.

I believe this coin was a heavy coin , with a lot of opportuneties( sorry for my english i am dutch).

so if there is a start in the near future we have to let the people know that this is a very strong cpu-mined coin , so , no gpu's and no

asic's.

if i can do something to help with anything please let me know
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:14:08 PM

You cannot stop a fork. As long as people use a fork, it exist but the coin from it have no value.

Let's not rush the new launch. We have to discuss the reasons why the previous launch failed.
We need a smart and motivated community.
I think to much people voted corrupt and when freetrade try to say something of it and try to change it , the people start saying a lot of bad things about  freetrade , so bad that there was a strike and a lot of people understood that wrong when he only was trying to make a point , so let's start over with a new community and let's try to understand eachother and stop trying to kill eachother and with that kill the coin , we are not kids but people who are growing up and who want to make a good coin which is for everyone
Sharky444

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:14:36 PM

Maybe steal an idea from DataCoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735.0), and change it a bit. Let the Blockchain store data. If you want to store say, 128KBytes of your data, you send X coins to a specific address. If a block is found, the one who send the most coins will get the 128KBytes space. The person that mined the block gets the coins from the winner. All the coins that lost are send back to the original accounts (or after X blocks without winning). A key is generated from the block data and the address of the winning client. Using this key the winning client is able to add 128KBytes data to the chain at a later time.

This will combine the storage feature of datacoin, the grant feature of memorycoin, and being Asic/GPU resistant this coin would be a winner.

p.s.

Every pre-mine will get a lot of bad press (I say it as an early Memorycoin adopter, mined it for several weeks after it came out). If there will be a premine it needs to be minimal.

Radix - just imagine
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:06:19 AM

Hi FreeTrade,

Whats the status of the project, what are the plans for the near furure? Are you currently working on the New MemoryCoin?

A litle status update would be nice Smiley

P.s. How about crating a new thread for the new version of MemorCoin?
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:38:07 AM

Hi FreeTrade,

Whats the status of the project, what are the plans for the near furure? Are you currently working on the New MemoryCoin?

Hi Pascal,

Yes, just working on the Proof of Work - it'll probably be similar to ProtoShares Momentum PoW.

Hope to have a launch in the next few days.

Sharky _> thanks but sounds like Datacoin is already on top of that idea.

voteformeg-> thanks for your kind words.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:51:27 AM

I'm thinking of a modification to the voting system that I wanted to get some discussion on.

I wonder if, instead of voting for grants, we were to vote on positions - let's say there is

Head of Development
Head of Promotion
Head of Network
Head of Support
Charitable Donation

Each position is voted on (AV style), and the winner attracts a reward in the blockchain. There is only one winner of each election, so each position would require broad support, and be difficult to corrupt with a small vote percentage.

Any thoughts? Any other positions to consider?

Sharky444

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:54:47 AM

This sounds complicated. The vast majority of users didn't manage to send votes in the original Memorycoin. The voting has to be a no-brainer choice between two options.

Radix - just imagine
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:49:55 PM

I'm thinking of a modification to the voting system that I wanted to get some discussion on.

I wonder if, instead of voting for grants, we were to vote on positions - let's say there is

Head of Development
Head of Promotion
Head of Network
Head of Support
Charitable Donation

Each position is voted on (AV style), and the winner attracts a reward in the blockchain. There is only one winner of each election, so each position would require broad support, and be difficult to corrupt with a small vote percentage.

In a way that is easier to conceptualise for the voters, i.e. I am voting for such-and-such a person. I'm sure I won't be the first person to point out that FreeTrade will presumably be holding all four positions at the start. And I foresee many arguments arising when a loose coalition of interested people are acting together as the four positions, but without clearly defined boundaries. It seems to go against the whole decentralised ethos of cryptocoins.

How often is voting going to take place?

Do we call the new coins MemoryCoins 2.0 or MemoryCoinTwo or something else. It needs a different name from the original version.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:04:48 AM

This sounds complicated. The vast majority of users didn't manage to send votes in the original Memorycoin. The voting has to be a no-brainer choice between two options.

Actually, at one point - before users moved their coins onto Bter, there was an 80% voter participation rate. I hear your call to keep it simple, but still exploring options.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:10:08 AM

In a way that is easier to conceptualise for the voters, i.e. I am voting for such-and-such a person.

Yes. And hopefully voters will understand that if they vote out a person, that person may stop contributing. That seemed to confuse some people before.

I'm sure I won't be the first person to point out that FreeTrade will presumably be holding all four positions at the start.

I think I'll also create an address for each vote, so that people can vote not to have the position rather than for a candidate. But I'd rather there were more credible candidates - I don't want to hold all the positions.

And I foresee many arguments arising when a loose coalition of interested people are acting together as the four positions, but without clearly defined boundaries.

So maybe a CEO or Liason position to co-ordinate?

It seems to go against the whole decentralised ethos of cryptocoins.

How often is voting going to take place?

Voting is continuous, so you register a vote once against your balance and that balance contributes to all future elections . . . each taking place every 2 hours.

Do we call the new coins MemoryCoins 2.0 or MemoryCoinTwo or something else. It needs a different name from the original version.

MemoryCoin 2.0 - I like it. Anybody else got suggestions for names?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: