Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:58:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MemoryCoin  (Read 100280 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:48:19 AM

New PoW description -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355532.0

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kazahstanec

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:40:41 AM

And when at last start? ? ? About beta dough: I am ready to take in it part, there are some cars of a various configuration.
ludd

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:45:44 PM

Amy news about start?
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:21:55 PM

Still ironing out some bugs. But don't worry about missing the start - there's going to a period of low block rewards for the first 24hrs so that people have a chance to get set up.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
maxocoin

Activity: 102
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:22:17 PM

Hi,

I kind of like the idea of one vote per address for the "MMC" voting system.

I know that it could be open to abuse, a possible solution, could be that your vote is deducted from your balance (your are "donating" it to the grand winner).  This way if you are creating a big number of wallets you know your have to pay something from any to them, if you want to vote.

Another idea for be a bit more "democratic" (one vote each person) could be  put some kind of reduction on the weight of each vote based on the balance of the voting address (the weight of the vote of a guy with 2 MMC in his wallet is a bit less than 2 guys with 1 MMC in their wallets each).

About a loosing all the old coins, I understand that it will meant a big "premine" but, what about starting with 1/10 or 1/100 of your previous balance?

Cheers
MC
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:47:35 PM

About a loosing all the old coins, I understand that it will meant a big "premine" but, what about starting with 1/10 or 1/100 of your previous balance?

Yes, this is definitely a possibility - as at block 8820, there were 236,031 coins issued - so 23.6% of coins. If we were dilute that by 1/10, that would require a 2.36% premine. I also want to maintain the coins of those voting for MCF, that's another 3.79%, so a total premine for beta users of 6.15%

atta2k15

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:17:18 PM

download link not working
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:20:41 AM

My question is will you just ditch this coin again, when you dont feel like your making enough money. THis is the type of coin that is dangerous. There are many new people finally getting into crypto's, and coins with bad developers will leave a bad taste in there mouth and make them reject crypto's, nobody wants that. I hope everyone thinks before they mine this coin,( i hope they dont) but everyone should choose on there own after careful analysis.

J

What I'm leaning towards is having 5 positions -

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Chief Network Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
Chief Support Officer

Coin owners will be able to vote for who wins these positions, and an allowance will be made in the blockchain for the elected officers. I'll be asking coin owners for positions of CEO and CTO initially. Coin owners can vote to replace me or any of the other positions at any time with a vote.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:23:51 AM

is this your coin or some other groups ?  Roll Eyes

It'll be open source - I assume it'll be dependent on me early on to get it bootstrapped, but hope that it becomes decentralized to the degree that it can flourish without me.

Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:03:59 AM

My question is will you just ditch this coin again, when you dont feel like your making enough money. THis is the type of coin that is dangerous. There are many new people finally getting into crypto's, and coins with bad developers will leave a bad taste in there mouth and make them reject crypto's, nobody wants that. I hope everyone thinks before they mine this coin,( i hope they dont) but everyone should choose on there own after careful analysis.

J

What I'm leaning towards is having 5 positions -

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Chief Network Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
Chief Support Officer

Coin owners will be able to vote for who wins these positions, and an allowance will be made in the blockchain for the elected officers. I'll be asking coin owners for positions of CEO and CTO initially. Coin owners can vote to replace me or any of the other positions at any time with a vote.

Marketing is 90% of the success. Just look at Megacoin and Quarkcoin.

Radix - just imagine
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:06:59 AM

Sorry it won't work. I just added a comment there. And remember I was the person who warned you on the first release (see my posts in first pages of this thread) that yours wasn't gone to work.

Sorry I don't like to rain on any altcoin parade, because I want altcoins to succeed. But I am worried that people will become skeptical at the failure of every attempt to create a CPU-only coin. There is a way to do it, but the above linked PoW isn't it.

Please feel free to try. You will learn from the experience. Learning is good.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
INSeed

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:34:08 PM

Can we still mine memory coins 1.0 ?
How can we take part in the beta?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:39:32 AM

Can we still mine memory coins 1.0 ?
How can we take part in the beta?

You can mine memorycoin 1.0 but there is no exchange for it.
Wait for the release of memorycoin 2.0, freetrade is working on it.
SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:33:22 PM

Regarding the future voting system :
Once an address has won a grant, the money should be blocked in the account until another vote unlock it or delete it.
This will be a far more incentive than giving away the funds before anything is done.

How it would work :
- Someone offer to do a task (programming, marketing, design etc... )
- Stakeholder vote for his address to get a grant.
- His address is elected for the grant, and money is created on it, but unspendable.
- The person complete the task and ask for the money.
- Stakeholder vote to make the money spendable.
- Or if the person don't do the task or resign, Stakeholder vote to delete the money.

voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:53:45 PM

I think it is important for the coin to have a pool and a website available directly after the premine , maybe something to think about for

some handy people here.

what i can do is translate all the info and put it on the dutch forum to make it easier for a lot of dutch people to understand how the

votingsystem will work and why , and if there is a site , i can translate it to , i think that is all i can do , i am not very handy with

coincreation and miningsoftware ,  memorycoin was my first mined coin

PS  :  like the idea of Slywax
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:49:33 AM

Once an address has won a grant, the money should be blocked in the account until another vote unlock it or delete it.
This will be a far more incentive than giving away the funds before anything is done.

How it would work :
- His address is elected for the grant, and money is created on it, but unspendable.
- Or if the person don't do the task or resign, Stakeholder vote to delete the money.

Like your idea Smiley

@ FreeTrade: Whats the status on your development? Can we take the silence far a sign that you are hard at coding? Smiley
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:10:14 AM

How it would work :

I like this idea, but think it would require too much input and engagement from owners to make it work. Some users barely understand the voting at all, so I think asking them to do complex oversight like this would blow their minds.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:11:42 AM

@ FreeTrade: Whats the status on your development? Can we take the silence far a sign that you are hard at coding? Smiley

Yes, been a bit setback by difficulties with the PoW - but should be good to go soon - there's also this announcement -

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1310.0

bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:39:42 PM

Yes, been a bit setback by difficulties with the PoW - but should be good to go soon - there's also this announcement -

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1310.0

That is a great Idea! That should attract quite a bit of interest and that is exactly what this coin needs Smiley
Really looking foreword to this Smiley

Good job FreeTrade Smiley
SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:53:52 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 03:08:34 PM by SlyWax

How it would work :

I like this idea, but think it would require too much input and engagement from owners to make it work. Some users barely understand the voting at all, so I think asking them to do complex oversight like this would blow their minds.

Well I guess this is just a question of user interface.

But for the sake of it I have thought of other mechanism that could prevent to have the user to monitor what is happening in the community.

Here it is :
There should be a board of administrator which would be elected by requiring at least 70% vote.
Those administrator will be there to handle the task of managing candidate and money unlocking, but won't have any other power (ie: they can't create money or chose the winner).
It will go like this :
- Shareholder vote to elect the board of administrators, each admin need to be approved by at least 70% (number to be discussed) of voter to be elected.
- The board of admin check the candidate for the election, the candidate must be real people with real proposition, as opposed to fat wallet voting for themselves .
- For a candidate to be valid he would need 50% of the admin vote. The admin vote only for validity, they don't have a say in if they like the project or not.
- Shareholder vote for the different candidates, the best one win, the money is created, but unspendable.
- The candidate complete the task and ask for the money.
- Admin vote to make the money spendable.
- Or if the person don't do the task or resign, Admin vote to delete the money.

This will remove from the user the burden of checking the community, they just have to elect admin once, and vote for the project they like.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: