Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:51:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat earth  (Read 878 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:58:01 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 11:08:26 PM by notbatman

Is the flat earth the truth or haox??
The theories of flat earth looks some what right of a kind but science disagrees it?
So what is the truth?Huh?

I believe the Earth is a flat and motionless plane covered by a dome, this is the truth.
Try this ..

One of the best documented methods for determining the Earth's roundness was first performed (to our knowledge) by the ancient Greeks. This was achieved by comparing the shadows of sticks in different locations. When the sun was directly overhead in one place, the stick there cast no shadow. At the same time in a city around 500 miles north, the stick there did cast a shadow.

If the Earth were flat then both sticks should show the same shadow (or lack of) because they would be positioned at the same angle towards the sun. The ancient Greeks found the shadows were different because the Earth was curved and so the sticks were at different angles. They then used the difference in these angles to calculate the circumference of the Earth. They managed to get it to within 10% of the true value – not bad for around 250 B.C.

This assumes a large Sun 93 million miles away, in the Flat Earth model the Sun is a small close object about 32 miles wide and 3,000 miles high; this can be measured empirically with a sextant. In this model the dome is a concave mirror that is used to project holographic lights such as the Sun, Moon, stars, planets and other celestial objects.

When the Flat Earth model with its small close Sun is applied to the shadows and sticks experiment it yields the same results.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:39:35 PM

The theories of flat earth looks some what right of a kind but science disagrees it?

I believe the Earth is a flat and motionless plane covered by a dome, this is the truth.
Try this ..

One of the best documented methods for determining the Earth's roundness was first performed (to our knowledge) by the ancient Greeks. This was achieved by comparing the shadows of sticks in different locations. When the sun was directly overhead in one place, the stick there cast no shadow. At the same time in a city around 500 miles north, the stick there did cast a shadow.

If the Earth were flat then both sticks should show the same shadow (or lack of) because they would be positioned at the same angle towards the sun. The ancient Greeks found the shadows were different because the Earth was curved and so the sticks were at different angles. They then used the difference in these angles to calculate the circumference of the Earth. They managed to get it to within 10% of the true value – not bad for around 250 B.C.

This assumes a large Sun 93 million miles away, in the Flat Earth model the Sun is a small close object about 32 miles wide and 3,000 miles high; this can be measured empirically with a sextant. In this model the dome is a concave mirror that is used to project holographic lights such as the Sun, Moon, stars, planets and other celestial objects.

When the Flat Earth model with its small close Sun is applied to the shadows and sticks experiment it yields the same results.

Except that it doesn't work the way you are thinking when the stick shadows are measured at more than what GE people call 90 degrees. At 90 degrees and larger, the shadows produce results that can only happen on a GE.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:47:59 PM

I don't know much about the matter. But, people have been in and out of orbit. We've launched satellites like once every year. We even have a space station where people of different nations live for an extended period of time. These people, to my knowledge haven't said that the earth they are looking at is flat. How csn we explain all the other planets the satellites we send out from saw? Is it that all other planets are round except or ours? Astrological calculations for space probes are done in the basis that our solar system is what we know now.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:03:44 AM

Try this ..

Except that it doesn't work the way you are thinking when the stick shadows are measured at more than what GE people call 90 degrees. At 90 degrees and larger, the shadows produce results that can only happen on a GE.

Cool

The Sun is projected off of a concave mirror and explains the results perfectly. You're debunking a strawman Flat Earth model.
kingsters

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

I was quet but i was not blind

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:39:23 AM

earth is not a flat  Tongue its noob guys saying oldest

covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:59:01 AM

More than 500 people from 37 countries have traveled to space, mostly taking photographs and videos. It would be quite ridiculous to convince all of them to support any propaganda. And for a price, anyone can travel to space to view it of their own. Why don't the flat earth supporter raise a fund to send one of their member?
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:06:39 AM

More than 500 people from 37 countries have traveled to space, mostly taking photographs and videos. It would be quite ridiculous to convince all of them to support any propaganda. And for a price, anyone can travel to space to view it of their own. Why don't the flat earth supporter raise a fund to send one of their member?

Don't confuse Jewish Hollywood movie fantasy with reality.
Rommel24

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:41:38 AM

flat earth ,round earth, or what ever shape on the earth will still is the earth, that could we live,,,because  as of human temporary live on this earth there is nothing important to know the real shape of the earth,because god has only knows the real shape of the earth because its only will created of the earth,,instead you be know the essence purposed of your life,why are you living
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:09:07 AM

And still... the fantasm around "everyone is lying, ervey picture is photoshoped" is true.  Tongue
I believe it is even the corner stone of the theory :p.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:43:31 PM

All of you idiots are wrong.  The earth has not been proven to magically float or spin in in a vacuum.  There is no evidence that it is a sphere.   Curvature can not be found anywhere, and all images of space and planets are faked.  Therefore you have no idea what is real because you have taken fake images as reality.   The flat earth theory is every bit as valid as the sphere earth theory.  99.9% of sphere earth believers believe what they are told and have never actually done a science experiment themselves to prove anything. They just regurgitate what is taught in schools and what they see in movies and TV and now they think they are smart.  They aren't.  I don't have all the answers but I can spot bullshit a mile away.  The heliocentric model is filled with holes and flat earth can not explain everything either.  So who the hell knows.

Have you seen any images of the earth being flat from space? You also aren't the only one that believes this theory.. isn't it also possible that you are being led?  A pessimist philosopher's theory is you can't disprove that we all aren't heads in vats.... so theoretically we don't know anything for sure. so where do you draw the line with "what could be" as a basis for believing? Just because something is possible definitely does not mean it is just as valid.  Deductive reasoning has to come from somewhere, and if your biggest argument is "you can't say it isn't valid" then its probably not a very strong argument.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:15:23 PM

Outer space is nothing but Hollywood fantasy to help keep goys mind focused on bullshit; Earth is a flat an motionless plane covered by a mirrored dome.

Space is a hoax.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:24:37 PM

[X-POST]

Take a close look at how stupid you all are, zoom in you retarded farm animal.

Find an oven, turn on the gas, curl up inside and shut the door if you believe this.

Aluminum foil, curtain rods, sticky tape and BMX bicycle parts among other identifiable parts. Just fucking kill yourself.
Pemburu1

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:04:46 PM

there is no theory which asserts that the earth is flat in my opinion it is just a joke. and if true flat earth is not possible everyone who has gone out of space supports propaganda like this.

━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━     BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS     ━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━
A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
Medium      Twitter      Reddit      ■■      WHITEPAPER      ■■      Telegram      Facebook      Instagram
CoinOnTheBeach

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:13:27 AM

everytime when this question is asked in a serious conversation context I am experiencing a serious fac palm moment.
what is the next big re-discovery, that in fact it was the sun circuling Earth afterall?
no, the Earth is a sphere and it does circule the Sun.

polaman

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:47:33 PM

It's just a joke extended too damn much, don't take is seriously.
I mean, you're stupid if you take it seriously.
An intermediate science student here in India could explain why planets including earth, need to be spherical and not flat.
How do you know Earth is round? Is it because you were told about it in School? Do you trust everything that was taught in school?
There has been this debate for quite a long now, I know that its bullshit theory but they have really made all those who blindly trusted this fact think twice.
I think many of them supporting this theory are doing that precisely, while challenging how most people simply accept what they are told.

So tell me, How do you know the Earth is round? Is it because you own an Atlas or a globe? Or have you actually traveled around it? And if you think you did, did you really look out the window and verify that you were always traveling in the same direction?
clear if the earth is round, do you know if you go see the ocean in the position of the ship seen from a distance the ship only looks the top only, and then the closer the ship looks all the parts ..and that's proof that the earth is round

Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:45:08 PM

An intermediate science student here in India could explain why planets including earth, need to be spherical and not flat.
How do you know Earth is round? Is it because you were told about it in School? Do you trust everything that was taught in school?
There has been this debate for quite a long now, I know that its bullshit theory but they have really made all those who blindly trusted this fact think twice.
I think many of them supporting this theory are doing that precisely, while challenging how most people simply accept what they are told.

So tell me, How do you know the Earth is round? Is it because you own an Atlas or a globe? Or have you actually traveled around it? And if you think you did, did you really look out the window and verify that you were always traveling in the same direction?

dude, are you serious? You do know books are published because it went to intensive validation of facts done by publishers right? And these books are the teachers basis for teaching lessons right?

Flat earth is a theory, Earth as round is a fact.

I do think you have actually saw the moon or even in the news. Can you imagine how will it rotate the earth if it's flat? Check NASA's images of the earth from their satellites, maybe you'll be enlighten.

iliev41

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:49:35 PM

dude, are you serious? You do know books are published because it went to intensive validation of facts done by publishers right? And these books are the teachers basis for teaching lessons right?

I do think you have actually saw the moon or even in the news. Can you imagine how will it rotate the earth if it's flat? Check NASA's images of the earth from their satellites, maybe you'll be enlighten.
The Earth is crazy big. You really think our naked eyes can see the curvature of the Earth from the ground? We are tiny little creatures on a massive planet, a planet so big that takes 20-something hours to get to the other side of the world in a plane traveling at like 900 kilometers-an-hour.
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:28:13 PM

The Earth is crazy big. You really think our naked eyes can see the curvature of the Earth from the ground? We are tiny little creatures on a massive planet, a planet so big that takes 20-something hours to get to the other side of the world in a plane traveling at like 900 kilometers-an-hour.

You know smart people utilize maths for that.

If you have something with a Circumference of 40075 units that gives a Radius of 6378.13 units
All good so far or?
Now if you take an Arc length of 1 unit of the 40075 it gives 0.0089831627002087 of a Degree (Angle)
All sweet, good.
With the above radius and degree you have a:
Chord length of 0.9999999989757555 unit (a wee bit less than the arc length of 1) and Sagitta (Height) of 0.00001959822085957352

Yes or No (lets say accurate to 6 decimal places in sagitta height)

The equatorial cities Balikpapan Indonesia and Quito Ecuador are 18,293 km apart (12637 km underwater straight line) separated only by the pacific ocean which in the middle has a whopping 5508.60307 km elevation.
http://www.handymath.com/cgi-bin/arc18.cgi?submit=Entry

For every mile in length the curve is 8 inches squared
or  10km length 7.8456 meters drop, 1km length 0.78 meter drop, 100 meter 7.8 cm curve

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
soulcancer

Activity: 276

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:12:57 PM

this is a phenomenal example of how increased access to knowledge actually leads to greater ignorance....I recently saw a poll that said that only about 67% of millenials are SURE that the earth is round...jesus Christ, it was in chapter two of my first year physics book "how to measure the radius of the earth with a meter stick and a stop watch"...the greeks knew this shit thousands of years ago...and they calculated earth's radius to within 10%....knowledge is power, but too little knowledge is worse than total ignorance

http://www.darylscience.com/downloads/DblSunset.pdf
soulcancer

Activity: 276

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:44:17 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 09:59:59 PM by soulcancer

[X-POST]

Take a close look at how stupid you all are, zoom in you retarded farm animal.

*pic snip*

Find an oven, turn on the gas, curl up inside and shut the door if you believe this.

Aluminum foil, curtain rods, sticky tape and BMX bicycle parts among other identifiable parts. Just fucking kill yourself.

so the govt invented the bmx bike in the late 60s....just so they could take parts from it to fake the moon landing...then kept it top secret for almost a decade until it leaked out for mass production in the mid to late 70s....ya, I think you nailed it here.....there is a term for what is occurring here (cant remember it)...when someone believes something outrageous simply for the sake of looking down on the rest of the people who aren't "smart enough" to figure it out...we seem to see more and more of it these days (i.e. flat earth) due to social media and nonstop advertising that convinces someone that they are a "superstar celebrity"...as reality trickles in, the individual will glom on to these ideas as a way to convince themselves that they actually ARE that "special" person that facebook and the media have told them about
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: