Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Cloud or Hardware?
Cloud - 0 (0%)
Hardware - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud vs Hardware Mining  (Read 149 times)
dan1 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:28:10 AM

How do you compare the following deals:

1) Genesis 100 TH/s contract at $15,000
2) Antminer S9 X 3 units at $3,000 each = $15,000 (total 42 TH/s)

Pros and cons? Which one gives a better ROI? Any better deal for the hardware option?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dan1 (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:58:29 AM

Genesis mining it's not selling contract right now...
Yes I've noticed just gave an example for the purpose of comparison (either Genesis / Hashflare will do)
micoholic

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:56:52 AM

I don't really trust cloud mining sites the same I'm having trust issues with ICO's right now. Investing in a cloud mining site, which you don't have full control of the mining contract that you will purchase comes with great risk. It's much better if you will just purchase mining hardwares which you can monitor and maintain everyday. This is the same perception of Bitcoin haters or doubters. Why will they invest in such a thing that they can't hold and have a possibility that it might gone without any announcement, updates, etc. And as from what I have read, there are bad reviews regarding Genesis Mining (even though it's legit).

Source: https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@etcmike/genesis-mining-review-my-7-months-of-mining
dan1 (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:09:20 PM

I know Genesis hasn't a very good reputation based upon reviews from their customers but regardless of that particular company, the biggest pros I find with Cloud is that you eliminate the risk of hardware failure and you get well over double the TH/s per dollar, basically double the income (42TH/s with hardware and 100TH/s with cloud, for a $15k investment)
The only "con" I find with Cloud is the maintenance fee but that is dwarfed vs the income
The fact that you have no control over the actual hardware is more of a "pro" imo , because it literally saves you all the maintenance hassle, noise, electricity etc and then again the risk of failure
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:05:03 PM

I know Genesis hasn't a very good reputation based upon reviews from their customers but regardless of that particular company, the biggest pros I find with Cloud is that you eliminate the risk of hardware failure and you get well over double the TH/s per dollar, basically double the income (42TH/s with hardware and 100TH/s with cloud, for a $15k investment)
The only "con" I find with Cloud is the maintenance fee but that is dwarfed vs the income
The fact that you have no control over the actual hardware is more of a "pro" imo , because it literally saves you all the maintenance hassle, noise, electricity etc and then again the risk of failure

Maayyyybe? I've had S4/S5 offlined because profits = maintenance cost and they were so worthless it wasnt worth paying processing fee to get them out of DC. So yeah Bitcoin profitability is crazy at the moment, its been before, but to date it has never lasted.

So maybe the income will "dwarf the fees" or maybe history will repeat itself, yet again...

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌