Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:17:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can bitcoins become worthless?
Yes - 34 (55.7%)
No - 27 (44.3%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoins become worthless?  (Read 862 times)
nyong

Activity: 213
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:52:50 AM

yes it can, if all countries use banned bitcoin in their country, then bitcoin can be become worthless
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:55:46 AM

In the worst scenario it could become worthless.
Exactly on that subject I have read the newspapers article the other day which said that the price of Bitcoin depends on the group of enthusiasts and that it could easily become worthless.
I didn't give much importance to that and personaly I don't think Bitcoin will become worthless at least not so simple, the whole negative process that would last for a while should start before that. Nothing happens over night.

There is always that possibility; however, I would say that since it is in a good place right now, gaining so much value and attention in the last few months, it is very difficult to take it down and lose value right now. Also, with the years under its belt, bitcoin has come to a point where it has the capacity to adjust quite quickly and come back strongly against any negative market trend and movement. I think for it to become worthless per se, there should be another cryptocurrency that should overshadow it, or another market movement similar to cryptocurrency that would kill of the cryptocurrency vibe.

danpaz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:18:47 AM

All can become worthless if economy, community and society found particular service or goods and commodities' loss its significant, if we bitcoin can't deal with the demand of buyers everyday and the miners fee ot transaction fee is getting higher and higher bitcoin will possible loss its significant as a means of payment or investment
beaver12

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:20:45 AM

This could happen since the value of bitcoin is subjective, i.e. if people would find it worthless, then it will become worthless. This also applies to all currencies that don't have reserves, e.g. fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:24:24 AM

It can happen any moment. It is just sufficient that one big whale decides to cash out or that they want to destroy their toy and the price can tank to zero. Satoshi Nakamoto's 1 Million BTC are still sitting there on the blockchain, ready to be dumped perhaps one day - and on that day Bitcoin would go to zero.
Zandra

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:25:59 AM

I think its possible happen to bitcoin become worthless, there are people and countries that bitcoin does not accept so bitcoin can be illegal.
In the world without permanent, everything can change and become worthless.
darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:36:05 AM

Well, no one can say what will happen in the future. So no one can say when will bitcoin be worthless. Just invest on it while it is still on the roll and its price rose high up. Just enjoy the opportunities it offer while its here.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:41:59 AM

For me possibly to yes. History is littered with currencies that failed and are no longer used, such as the German Mark during the Weimar Republic and, more recently, the Zimbabwean dollar. Although previous currency failures were typically due to hyperinflation of a kind that Bitcoin makes impossible, there is always potential for technical failures, competing currencies, political issues and so on. As a basic rule of thumb, no currency should be considered absolutely safe from failures or hard times. Bitcoin has proven reliable for years since its inception and there is a lot of potential for Bitcoin to continue to grow. However, no one is in a position to predict what the future will be for Bitcoin.

It surely can, and I think, in the bitcoin market, everything is possible. There was a time when bitcoin was just a little over a dollar in value, and during that time, many people think that it won't prosper, but look at it now. If we would also follow the previous trends, there were times when bitcoin price have decreased significantly due to market breakdown and forks. Another contributory factor is if people would actually stop supporting the cryptocurrency market, specifically bitcoin. If no one would support it and do transactions with, then it will surely be its doom.

boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:57:07 AM

Bitcoin currency is holding nearly 50% share in total cryptocurrency market. It is the most popular and highest returning giving crypto ever. Its investors have confidence and trust over it. As a result ban by many countries made no effect on bitcoin investors and its rising price. Currencies are volatile in nature. Bitcoin is a decentralised, peer to peer operating currency; its volatility is more than other currencies. Bitcoin price can fall down may come to $1000, buut it will never become worthless. Many countries are ready to accept bitcoin but they want it regulated.
ransow72

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:07:21 PM

There are no possibilities.Because the bit coin is ineffective, it will be banned by the outdoors.But now it is used too.Bit coin is not dependent on any country.Bit coin is unlikely to be useless.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:14:37 PM

For me possibly to yes. History is littered with currencies that failed and are no longer used, such as the German Mark during the Weimar Republic and, more recently, the Zimbabwean dollar. Although previous currency failures were typically due to hyperinflation of a kind that Bitcoin makes impossible, there is always potential for technical failures, competing currencies, political issues and so on. As a basic rule of thumb, no currency should be considered absolutely safe from failures or hard times. Bitcoin has proven reliable for years since its inception and there is a lot of potential for Bitcoin to continue to grow. However, no one is in a position to predict what the future will be for Bitcoin.
Correct, no ones predict what will become the future of bitcoin. Bitcoin is really stable in the marketing price although there are ups and downs still the price is not too much drop at very low price. Bitcoin will become useless without internet, it will be no use without software or hardware wallet or the safest wallet where we need to store it. Bitcoin has many kinds of so called disadvantages when we all think about it but even there are disadvantages there are also advantages on using it.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:16:15 PM

Exactly. No one can know what the future holds and everything is possible.
I believe that most likely scenario where Bitcoin loses all it's worth is due to some critical security vulnerability that can not be fixed.
However that is unlikely by itself.

You are right, No one knows what will happen in the future and we never know when the value in the market will rise or fall and because of that, Bitcoins is a very good investment if you are a businessman and you really want to earn more profit then work hard each day.

Victorheywhy

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:19:06 PM

It is possible. It all depends on the economy and those who are into the mining. But, I really do not think bitcoin will lose its worth anytime soon. Bitcoin is really changing the world.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:21:41 PM

I really don't think so that bitcoins can become worthless. It goes a lot of fuds since 2011 and look at it by now. It is so high and still rising. Don't follow fuds guys, or you'll lose.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Ariel1122

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:22:37 PM

No one knows but if theres a possibilities bitcoin become worthless its take hundredyears because bitcoin have great investors and strong community.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:23:45 PM

Short answer: Yes. It won't be due to hyperinflation obviously but it could easily be surpassed by something eventually and fall out of favor. If nobody uses bitcoin or moves onto something far superior then I think that would be the end of bitcoin. I don't think it will happen any time soon and I think there will now always be some sort of crypto or decentralized currency but there's no guarantees it will be bitcoin. I hope I'm wrong but if something can solve all the issues or problems bitcoin has then I think it could dominate the market but then years down the link problems may arise with that currency and something may come around to dominate that one as well so I think we'll see some sort of Darwinian natural selection emerging where the best coin prospers.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:32:34 PM

Of course.   I've had stock that was worth hundreds that went bankrupt... I've had btc worth just $4 to $8... it's a market.   Anything is possible. 

sent from my X6
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:32:42 PM

i dont think bitcoin will become worthless at least in the very far future, bitcoin is still very popular nowadays, and not easy for bitcoin to die because it is still very new and still rising more in the future, so bitcoin will not become worthless for now.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:38:01 PM

Well, it depends on what we believe on tho,  if we trust bitcoin will get the succes in the future then why we need to think of will bitcoin wrothless? This thing was came unpredictable I think it would be someday it will be worthless,  but as I enjoy this things now I will keep believing btc will bright.
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:44:28 PM

if I see the progress that has been done bitcoin it is very satisfying even I'm sure the future bitcoin can be believed and useful I think you see it from the wrong position, so definitely bitcointalk members almost all would agree with me
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: