Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:29:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can bitcoins become worthless?
Yes - 34 (55.7%)
No - 27 (44.3%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoins become worthless?  (Read 862 times)
godrey123

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:24:05 PM

yes! I thibk that anything can happen in the future. Butcoin might become more valuable or it will become worthless. But  I think bitcoin becoming worthless can only happen if government all around the world ban bitcoin and other crypto.  Another reason is if internet goea down, but with the xontinueing developmwnt of technology, it think its unlikely to happen
EllaPonchik

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

Dream of the Great

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:56:05 PM

For me, it is also possible, in any case, no one can say for sure, of course in this world it will be used at a certain time, but what will happen next? This is for everyone a mystery
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:59:55 PM

For me possibly to yes. History is littered with currencies that failed and are no longer used, such as the German Mark during the Weimar Republic and, more recently, the Zimbabwean dollar. Although previous currency failures were typically due to hyperinflation of a kind that Bitcoin makes impossible, there is always potential for technical failures, competing currencies, political issues and so on. As a basic rule of thumb, no currency should be considered absolutely safe from failures or hard times. Bitcoin has proven reliable for years since its inception and there is a lot of potential for Bitcoin to continue to grow. However, no one is in a position to predict what the future will be for Bitcoin.

Bitcoin has not only information and the army of its believers, Bitcoin overcome the border between virtual world and reality. It built banks, spread widely ATMs. It have become the serious business brand.
Bitcoin is a solution for future money circulation. The form of digitizing currency is a new thing and Bitcoin was created to facilitate all the financial transactions we do. I am sure if one day Bitcoin can be accepted by all people in the world and most importantly Bitcoin is not owned by anyone, Bitcoin is a centralized financial system owned by us all.
Chris314

Activity: 672
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:00:09 PM

Yes bitcoin can become worthless the day no one will buy it anymore, because it wouldn't have reached its purpose or because another currency will do better what bitcoin was first created for.
But bitcoin has the ability to evolve, we saw it recently with the first successful lightning network payment. So bitcoin still has value and will have more in the future.

Win Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in
free BTC every hour multiply hi-lo weekly lottery WIN a Lamborghini 30,000 usd contest BET on various events! 4% APR interest
★★★ 50% of my referral earnings back to you each week ★★★
DiscretePatriot

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:02:31 PM

I voted 'Yes', because it is a possibility if less and less people will use Bitcoin, then the value will drop. This is not so probable at this time though, but with Ripple potentially disrupting micro-transactions, it soon might be.
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:05:18 PM

Bitcoin can be worthless but the odds are very small. Moreover, bitcoin is the first coin in cryptocurrency, its fanaticism is hard to beat by other altcoin.
Bitcoin becomes worthless if no one deals with it, in other words there is no demand and offer to it from all the people on earth, is it possible?

reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:09:19 PM

The value of bitcoin can't be negative, which implies one of two things. It can either be zero or greater than zero.
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:16:54 PM

For me possibly to yes. History is littered with currencies that failed and are no longer used, such as the German Mark during the Weimar Republic and, more recently, the Zimbabwean dollar. Although previous currency failures were typically due to hyperinflation of a kind that Bitcoin makes impossible, there is always potential for technical failures, competing currencies, political issues and so on. As a basic rule of thumb, no currency should be considered absolutely safe from failures or hard times. Bitcoin has proven reliable for years since its inception and there is a lot of potential for Bitcoin to continue to grow. However, no one is in a position to predict what the future will be for Bitcoin.

Thinking bitcoin could be worthless is like thinking it would be out of style. Bitcoin run through years. And as then years goed by, it is more open to the public. Some country's government even patronise bitcoin, so does in our which a news was shown yesterday about its good deeds. This news gave others an openness and interest to be involved. That's why I guess it would be really worthless to think it will be vanished.
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:49:58 PM

every currency will be worthless same as bitcoin because no one know what will happen next. but the true power that can make crypto worthles i the regulation of goverment. when the goverment ban bitcoin it will be worthless like in china was.
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:52:13 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 10:22:32 AM by CopMom

This is probably true for the next 20 years. At the moment, Bitcoin is in the No. 1 spot in the cryptocurrency market, making it worthless is unlikely. At present, the demand for Bitcoin is still very popular. Everyone owns Bitcoin as a property for themselves rather than for the purchase of goods and goods. Again I believe that Bitcoin can only fall in exchange rates but not become worthless in the cryptocurrency market.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:00:10 AM

Bitcoin will always have value due to its brand name and built-in scarcity. Actually, anything can theoretically lose all value, but I voted no based on very high probabilities. At bare minimum, assuming bitcoin is eclipsed, it will always have collectible value as the very first cryptocurrency.
marjohn

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:22:16 AM

There's no such thing that bitcoin will become worthless, because it is always the worthy one.

Lots of people starting to join bitcoin and giving their trust into it and wholeheartedly taking this up.

Because as much person joined varies the strength of bitcoin can be.
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:28:50 AM

Bitcoin can become worthless one day. That idea alone actually scares many of my friends from investing into it. But it can also be worth millions in the future. No one knows for sure.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:29:02 AM

i think is yes , if there something new and have better system/plan/future than bitcoin and if bitcoiin have major issues then make investor scared to invest
zabjerr

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 02:24:52 AM

bitcoin can not cost nothing because bitcoin has so much money so bitcoin nowadays, especially next year bitcoin will increase more and more will increase bitcoin price
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:33:16 AM

If the people behind bitcoin will give up and found another crypto. Yes bitcoin can become worthless. But I doubt its gonna happen soon. Bitcoin is still hot right now and more people are starting to use bitcoin.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:37:36 AM

No because we already experience the worth of it base on the value now and transaction all over the world the only need here is the name of it or authorization as a international money by the global government.I think also we need this in life base on the earnings and what you can learn from here.All we need now is to do study of it like the volatile price of it and the cycle,worthless is nowhere in crypto because we already risk if your here so it's positive not negative like buy and sell with volatile price of it.

Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:08:24 PM

if we talk about probability, then probability is always present, but there is no reason for this at the moment...therefore it is necessary to live now and use the opportunities given to us

User of bitcoin is now increasing and people are taking interest in bitcoin now so it is not able to be stopped ever as for fast and steady increase in bitcoin. Today price of bitcoin is high and it is increasing more when people are taking interest in it. I hope bitcoin will buy me a lot of things, if I will continue with it and will not even use my savings I am not afraid of bitcoin saving so does inventors, bitcoin will never be worthless for me.
Brito

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:20:42 PM

You're right. No future is safe.
In my opinion, there is a future in the cryptocurrencies but I'm pretty sure this will not be a Bitcoin.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:27:43 PM

Of course BTC's can become worthless. Just about everything can, besides that which you need to live and survive. This however does not mean that BTC WILL become worthless.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: