Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 11:24:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If anyone "replaces" BTC it should be Raiblocks not Bitcoin Cash  (Read 586 times)
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:54:14 PM

i prefer bcash from raiblocks, because its coin I think less so obviously I had time to have coin xrb from faucet as much as 3000 xrb but I already sell, if I save maybe I have become rich

I would have kept at least some.

Why do you prefer Bitcoin Cash? What's special about it? What does it do?

XRB has instant transactions and fee-less transactions, does Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin Cash's whole reason to exist is that it's faster and cheaper to move than BTC, but XRB is the fastest and cheapest coin to transact with, so why does Bitcoin Cash still need to exist? It's all based on having Bitcoin in the name.
Honestly bitcoin cash was nothing compared with DAG system that has been used by raiblocks, zero fees and instant transaction make it a very good choice to be alternative to bitcoin. the bitcoin cash developers are forgetting if there is a lot of coins that has better scalability than bitcoin cash. Bitcoin cash still included on the slow blockchain.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
IfixTchenTchen

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:16:46 PM

I agree on the fact that some coin will at some point replace BTC, which doesn't really work fine any more - just look at the fees. Beyond RAIblocks, consider also Stellar and Byteball, both have very low fees and interesting tech.
NilaMutac

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:20:40 PM

BCash is a trashy forked coin,XRB is the new innovation zero tx fee and faster tx confirmation is awesome.
burnedbyfees (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:30:47 AM

Dag coins are currently the fastest coins, I understand scepticism because that claim has been made many times by many coins but it's true in Raiblock's case.

Because Raiblocks has zero transaction fees, you can try it for yourself without it costing you anything. Buy a little bit, create two wallets in different browsing windows using Raiwallet.com, send some to yourself and you'll see. It's not just hype it's the future of crypto.

stewmeista

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:37:55 AM

To start I should say I don't think any coin can or should replace Bitcoin as the most dominant coin. Bitcoin started it all and we all trade and measure our portfolios in BTC. It has the recognition of casual investors and when the Lightning Network goes live the problem of moving it will be mostly solved.

However, if it were to be replaced, Bitcoin Cash is a pretty shit candidate. It offers nothing new. The only reason any of us pay it any mind at all is because it has "Bitcoin" in the name. If it were not for this, we'd all be scratching our heads trying to figure out why it's worth nearly $3000 (something which I don't think will last over the coming years, people will wake up and realise how unremarkable it is). It's value is almost entirely based on a few, very rich people pumping and manipulating it, something that could stop when they get bored and realise they've thrown enough money away on it.

If any coin should "replace" Bitcoin - it should be a coin that's its own thing. Coins that bring new features to the table. Apart from the obvious big candidates that are more useful than Bitcoin and BCH (Eth, Dash etc) there's coins which really could be far more-suitable for mainstream use.

Chief among them I think is Raiblocks. Despite being traded on very shitty exchanges (which it melted  Cheesy ) it's managed to become a top 20 coin. The main reason is no-fee transactions and low CPU-power footprint.

From the FAQ:

WHAT IS RAIBLOCKS?

RaiBlocks is a trustless, low-latency cryptocurrency that utilizes a novel block-lattice architecture, where each account has its own blockchain and achieves consensus via delegated Proof of Stake voting.

Offers feeless, instantaneous transactions, as well as unlimited scalability, making RaiBlocks ideal for peer-to-peer transactions.

The network requires minimal resources, no high-power mining hardware, and can process high transaction throughput.

To date, the RaiBlocks network has processed over four million transactions with an unpruned ledger size of only 1.7GB.

So rather than the big blocks vs lightning network war, Raiblocks is good tech that solves all of the problems related to sending or withdrawing cryptocurrencies from exchanges (despite recent problems related to a malfunctioning node). And while it's not exactly a low-maximum-supply coin, its supply of 133,248,290 XRB is low enough for it to act as a store of value. If it were listed on decent exchanges (Binance coming soon?) and if you could trade other currencies with it, I could see people doing all of their trading in Raiblocks. If for no other reason that it will be free to move around.

There are also other far better candidates than BCH. An outsider like Phore could also shake things up, especially when their marketplace (currently in closed beta) goes live. Marketplaces drove the early gains of BTC and Dash. With atomic swaps and smart contracts coming soon it could be an all-in-one coin which continues to shake things up (recent 10x growth).

Tl;dr:

Basically there's hundreds of better "Bitcoin replacement" coins than Bitcoin Cash, many of which actually bring something new to the table, so Roger Ver can suck it.

I agree that RaiBlocks would be a great coin to replace BTC. The fact that it can handle a large number of transactions extremely quickly with zero transaction fees and no need for mining, gives it a huge advantage. RaiBlocks seems to have tackled the scalability issue, but the big problem down the road is adoption. So marketing and user interfaces plus exchanges will play a large role.
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:40:49 AM

I agree on the fact that some coin will at some point replace BTC, which doesn't really work fine any more - just look at the fees. Beyond RAIblocks, consider also Stellar and Byteball, both have very low fees and interesting tech.

That seems to be the consensus but I don't think that BTC will be overthrown actually. It may not have the best tech but I bet you at least 50% of people know of it now. If you go ask most people about Ripple and Ethereum they will most likely have no clue I would say a small percentage would know. It still is the leading crypto in terms of everything else, I thoroughly expect it to stay up top for a while longer.

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:43:21 AM

Well it's just won the Binance vote so it has at least 1 good exchange now at least.

Most of the marketing has been from the community/word of mouth. I think it could go far without a huge marketing budget because the tech's so solid. Those who try it love it.

Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:51:44 AM

I do not see why only those two altcoin are the only ones with legitimate aspirations to displace the bitcoin from its current leadership. In fact I do not even see in the near future that bitcoin can lose its hegemonic place as the most popular and coveted of all cryptos, although I have no doubt that eventually and by mere speculation some other coin could take in a temporary mod the first place in marketcap. In addition raiblocks is a very new altcoin that few really know, and there are still big projects to emerge throughout this year.
Tux99

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:54:45 AM

You early bite Bitcoin. In the near future will make a number of changes in its code and everything will fly! Bitcoin was, is and will be a long time crypto currency number 1!

I thought the same with you. Bitcoin was , is and will be number one always in future. King of cryptocurrency is bitcoin no other altcoin can change it. All the exchange offer market pair into bitcoin not other altcoin. However if bitcoin will be changed and it will be changed by etherium.
christianb35

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:07:20 AM

You early bite Bitcoin. In the near future will make a number of changes in its code and everything will fly! Bitcoin was, is and will be a long time crypto currency number 1!

I thought the same with you. Bitcoin was , is and will be number one always in future. King of cryptocurrency is bitcoin no other altcoin can change it. All the exchange offer market pair into bitcoin not other altcoin. However if bitcoin will be changed and it will be changed by etherium.
Well there's 2 side of thoughts: mine is that Bitcoin, at its current stage, can't be fixed. Changing Bitcoin to work like RaiBlocks would have more chance that break it than fix it and taking an even 0.00001% of chance to break this now "virtual gold" is not an option. Bitcoin will unfornately stay like it is. It remains a safe investment as it will remain the first for all coins, but one coin will have to take over the mass adoption role.

I do not see why only those two altcoin are the only ones with legitimate aspirations to displace the bitcoin from its current leadership. In fact I do not even see in the near future that bitcoin can lose its hegemonic place as the most popular and coveted of all cryptos, although I have no doubt that eventually and by mere speculation some other coin could take in a temporary mod the first place in marketcap. In addition raiblocks is a very new altcoin that few really know, and there are still big projects to emerge throughout this year.
Well Bitcoin Cash is currently the one competing the most with Bitcoin because mainly of its market cap (Ripple and ETH are too different to be competitors)

Why RaiBlocks is a new competitors that should scare Bitcoin much more than like Litecoin or other coins that have the same purpose? Because RaiBlocks does PERFECTLY what Bitcoin try to do but fails at. RaiBlocks is a completely new technology that is far better than the one created by Satoshi Nakamoto. Satoshi did a good job but probably didn't expect his coin to be as much popular and before RaiBocks there was surprisingly no coin that could claim to have unlimited scalability. We now have a coin that offers all what we want for a mass adoption distributed currency.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:10:49 AM

Between Raiblocks and Bitcoin Cash, I also would choose Raiblocks rather than Bitcoin Cash. Although it is not my first choice of altcoin to replace Bitcoin. And yes there are other better altcoins than that of Bitcoin Cash.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:11:15 AM

It won't though, I love Ethereum but it has the same problems as Bitcoin, just less pronounced due to it being worth a lot less. If Ethereum was worth 50 grand we'd see the same problems. Maybe even if it was worth as much as Bitcoin is now. It's already expensive at times to move Eth around, and using EtherDelta can gobble through your money fast.

For mass adoption and scalability, Raiblocks would be much better, it's not even a contest, I refer you to the gif posted earlier by christianb35.

https://i.imgur.com/oRpO8lc.gif

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:27:10 AM

i prefer bcash from raiblocks, because its coin I think less so obviously I had time to have coin xrb from faucet as much as 3000 xrb but I already sell, if I save maybe I have become rich
You could never get rich, these Billions of dollars you see coming into the Raiblocks were earned by killing people, stealing Billions of dollars from countries like mine, if you had your 3000 and other beggars would've kept their thousands of Raiblocks, you could never see such prices, they would spread some news about the coin dying and crashing, beggars like you and me would immediately dump to earn as much as we can, if you hold them on exchanges, some day you'd see the exchange delisting the coin forcing you to withdrawal, if you keep them on your wallet, they would do something to make you dump.

They have been doing this for years with thousands of coins identical and with the same code, they would always collect 99% of the supply before pumping it on their own exchanges.

How much do they pay you for writing this OP? you should add to your for asking questions, how do you mine Railblocks? you mine it by delegated proof of stake voting or DPOS. there is no FAQ on the main site, only something about paying people with Raiblocks to block the advertisements shown on web pages, what does that have anything to do with a decentralized currency?

how do you earn Raiblocks? who would pay the costs if some body spammed the network with 1 Million transactions per second? this shitcoin is around for ever, why did it start to rise after Bitcoin skyrocketed from $3000 to $18000?

And the last but the most important question, who's in charge of Raiblocks? I need to beg for $10,000 worth of Raiblocks, a man has got to eat and also desires to jump an opposite sex.

(note that I'm in dire need of jumping at least a paid prostitute at least for half an hour, but I don't have the place to do that, alright I give up, just give me enough Raiblocks so that I could at least pay the prostitute for that thirty minutes and rent a motel room or something, note 2, there are no rest rooms like you see in American movies in my country, so there is that). first lol and then rofl to warm up your body.

Tl;dr

Try separating into paragraphs, it's much easier to read and you look less crazy.
Tl;dr

Still in dire need of knowing the answers to my questions, specially the one related to holy matrimonial intercourse a.k.a jumping purposes or hitting some pussy in slang. remember to lol before rolling on the floor laughing.

🖤😏
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:29:54 AM

You could never get rich, these Billions of dollars you see coming into the Raiblocks were earned by killing people, stealing Billions of dollars from countries like mine, if you had your 3000 and other beggars would've kept their thousands of Raiblocks, you could never see such prices, they would spread some news about the coin dying and crashing, beggars like you and me would immediately dump to earn as much as we can, if you hold them on exchanges, some day you'd see the exchange delisting the coin forcing you to withdrawal, if you keep them on your wallet, they would do something to make you dump.

They have been doing this for years with thousands of coins identical and with the same code, they would always collect 99% of the supply before pumping it on their own exchanges.

How much do they pay you for writing this OP? you should add to your for asking questions, how do you mine Railblocks? you mine it by delegated proof of stake voting or DPOS. there is no FAQ on the main site, only something about paying people with Raiblocks to block the advertisements shown on web pages, what does that have anything to do with a decentralized currency?

how do you earn Raiblocks? who would pay the costs if some body spammed the network with 1 Million transactions per second? this shitcoin is around for ever, why did it start to rise after Bitcoin skyrocketed from $3000 to $18000?

And the last but the most important question, who's in charge of Raiblocks? I need to beg for $10,000 worth of Raiblocks, a man has got to eat and also desires to jump an opposite sex.

(note that I'm in dire need of jumping at least a paid prostitute at least for half an hour, but I don't have the place to do that, alright I give up, just give me enough Raiblocks so that I could at least pay the prostitute for that thirty minutes and rent a motel room or something, note 2, there are no rest rooms like you see in American movies in my country, so there is that). first lol and then rofl to warm up your body.

Tl;dr

Try separating into paragraphs, it's much easier to read and you look less crazy.
Tl;dr

Still in dire need of knowing the answers to my questions, specially the one related to holy matrimonial intercourse a.k.a jumping purposes or hitting some pussy in slang. remember to lol before rolling on the floor laughing.

What's the weather like on your planet?

awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 02:34:49 AM

To start I should say I don't think any coin can or should replace Bitcoin as the most dominant coin. Bitcoin started it all and we all trade and measure our portfolios in BTC. It has the recognition of casual investors and when the Lightning Network goes live the problem of moving it will be mostly solved.

However, if it were to be replaced, Bitcoin Cash is a pretty shit candidate. It offers nothing new. The only reason any of us pay it any mind at all is because it has "Bitcoin" in the name. If it were not for this, we'd all be scratching our heads trying to figure out why it's worth nearly $3000 (something which I don't think will last over the coming years, people will wake up and realise how unremarkable it is). It's value is almost entirely based on a few, very rich people pumping and manipulating it, something that could stop when they get bored and realise they've thrown enough money away on it.

If any coin should "replace" Bitcoin - it should be a coin that's its own thing. Coins that bring new features to the table. Apart from the obvious big candidates that are more useful than Bitcoin and BCH (Eth, Dash etc) there's coins which really could be far more-suitable for mainstream use.

Chief among them I think is Raiblocks. Despite being traded on very shitty exchanges (which it melted  Cheesy ) it's managed to become a top 20 coin. The main reason is no-fee transactions and low CPU-power footprint.

From the FAQ:

WHAT IS RAIBLOCKS?

RaiBlocks is a trustless, low-latency cryptocurrency that utilizes a novel block-lattice architecture, where each account has its own blockchain and achieves consensus via delegated Proof of Stake voting.

Offers feeless, instantaneous transactions, as well as unlimited scalability, making RaiBlocks ideal for peer-to-peer transactions.

The network requires minimal resources, no high-power mining hardware, and can process high transaction throughput.

To date, the RaiBlocks network has processed over four million transactions with an unpruned ledger size of only 1.7GB.

So rather than the big blocks vs lightning network war, Raiblocks is good tech that solves all of the problems related to sending or withdrawing cryptocurrencies from exchanges (despite recent problems related to a malfunctioning node). And while it's not exactly a low-maximum-supply coin, its supply of 133,248,290 XRB is low enough for it to act as a store of value. If it were listed on decent exchanges (Binance coming soon?) and if you could trade other currencies with it, I could see people doing all of their trading in Raiblocks. If for no other reason that it will be free to move around.

There are also other far better candidates than BCH. An outsider like Phore could also shake things up, especially when their marketplace (currently in closed beta) goes live. Marketplaces drove the early gains of BTC and Dash. With atomic swaps and smart contracts coming soon it could be an all-in-one coin which continues to shake things up (recent 10x growth).

Tl;dr:

Basically there's hundreds of better "Bitcoin replacement" coins than Bitcoin Cash, many of which actually bring something new to the table, so Roger Ver can suck it.

There are so many coins better than bitcoin but as you know that the market isn't rational and it is highly manipulated. So only time will tell if your opinion is true

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:40:38 AM

There are so many coins better than bitcoin but as you know that the market isn't rational and it is highly manipulated. So only time will tell if your opinion is true

I actually think it's rational for Bitcoin to remain #1 for reasons I stated earlier in the thread. It's just if it does get knocked off the number 1 spot, we'd all be better off with Raiblocks.

kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:40:33 AM

well we can't predict the future yet but if ever we have only two choices left ether raiblocks or bitcoin cash i would go for raiblocks. i have follow raiblocks and seen its progress and what i like is the fast transaction as well as its price go up lately.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:51:21 AM

This is incorrect unfortunately... By design Bitcoin will always depend on miners that need to be paid, fees will always be required to prioritize transactions, while the inflation will stop at 21 millions BTC, no one knows what will happen at that time because miners need to be paid - a lot.

We need RaiBlocks Blockchain for a mass adoption currency: ZERO transaction fees, ZERO inflation, Instant transactions, UNLIMITED scalability...

This is right I actually to is thinking of what will happen to bitcoin after it hits is max supply. Most probably it will need to be replaced by something that can be easily adopted and of course lower/zero fees.
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:36:17 AM

How about ETH as the successor of Bitcoin? Being stable already for quite some time and trailing by BTC before XRP took its place, i am rooting for this alt coin to be the next BITCOIN.

christianb35

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:56:21 AM

How about ETH as the successor of Bitcoin? Being stable already for quite some time and trailing by BTC before XRP took its place, i am rooting for this alt coin to be the next BITCOIN.
Nope, it can't at least it should not, not until ETH fix its scaling issues... it can't scale much more than BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: