Poll
Question: bitcoin or ripple  ?
ripple - 36 (20.1%)
btc - 131 (73.2%)
none - 12 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 179

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin or ripple ?  (Read 2452 times)
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:10:02 AM

If you need public opinion on choosing between banks and bitcoin then you are in wrong forum.
I would suggest you to buy bitcoins, investing in ripple at this moment is not so good idea in my opinion, it looks like pump continues but don't listen to me, I am only sharing my thoughts.
malah

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:17:54 AM

I think for the long term it remains the best bitcoin but now the ripple price is better and is on the rise, so there is nothing wrong for trading or short term investment in ripple

dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:19:05 AM

Well, Bitcoin is more scarce and has a much higher value and has a better potential to replace gold as a store of vallue. Ripple on the other had, just like IOTA or any other "low fees, fast transactions" coin with greater supply have more chances in becoming the day-to-day transaction instrument.

It is not possible to predict what will happen exactly however. Bitcoin is slowly adapting the technologies from others and developing some on it's own but it will still remain scarce (considering the world market needs), and Ripple is troublesome. The whole idea behind crypto was to replace/avoid the centralisation that we have nowdays and Ripple is centralised and arguably controled by banking sector which means the situation would remain same as it is today only with one more/better tool for bankers/creditors.

NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:35:16 AM

Ripples are now impressing us due to its surprising price hike recently and we can say that it is a good coin for investing. But even how outstanding Ripples are, this still not a valid reason to set aside Bitcoins.

In the end, I still choose btc becauase it is timeless and has a very strong foundation that you can rely on. It's true that it encounters unexpected dips sometimes but it surely recovers unlike some alts who have lesser chances of recovery.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:41:24 AM

Ripples are now impressing us due to its surprising price hike recently and we can say that it is a good coin for investing. But even how outstanding Ripples are, this still not a valid reason to set aside Bitcoins.

In the end, I still choose btc becauase it is timeless and has a very strong foundation that you can rely on. It's true that it encounters unexpected dips sometimes but it surely recovers unlike some alts who have lesser chances of recovery.
I agree, it seems ripple making noise this 2018, I think this coin having high improvement this year. That's why I was looking forward to the possibility happen on this coming days.

I also want to have a high investment in this coin because there's a possibility that this year it was increase like sky rocket and reach the moon.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1862
Merit: 432

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:42:36 AM

Man you guys are too focoused on these two coins, the new train is at TRX, invest now before its a dollers, trust me and donate to me after you got this tip
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:10:58 AM

guys

whats do you think and why ?

i mean in the next 2-5 years
whats your word ?

If your premise is 2-5 years, which is I think a long term investment,  I would choose bitcoin, not only because it's safer, but because it has the chance to give you higher return. Ripple, although, it's increasing is just in its starting up stages, where its value is not pretty big, therefore, it would be better for a short term invest because it still has a long way to go and a lot of things to experience, unlike bitcoin, which is somewhat a little more established in the cryptocurrency market.

Jamesbob16

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:16:51 AM

My vote for both of them.In my view, Bitcoin is the King and it will remain the King. But I also like Ripple, Because it has a great potential and it has surpassed eth already in coinmarketcap. So, Ripple has a good future.
ugottab

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:24:44 AM

I'm new to buying crypto, but did buy some XRP and some bitcoin. Depending on how both develop, I may sell XRP to get some more BTC as BTC seems like more solid investment.
ekolet

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:28:10 AM

Bitcoin is a secure, censorship resistant store of wealth. Brightest minds in the field is working on the scaling problem.
Ripple is an interbank payment protocol that does not need a token to work.
kunsh

Activity: 145
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:32:58 AM

One thing I don't like at Ripple is that, very small amount of people own a lot of ripple coins, what will happen if they dump their coins? I think that is possible to happen and I won't keep all I have in Ripple for sure, trading it in front of computer yes but keeping for months no. Read and make your own conclusion. this is only my opinion, may be I'm wrong.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/ripple-execs-get-superrich-xrp-success-new-billionaires/?utm_campaign=rss_headlines&utm_source=rss_www&utm_medium=referral
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:33:43 AM

I choose ripple for the future if I have $ 100000 then I will not hesitate to invest my money into ripple because ripple will continue to increase without our own conscious and in the next 5 years the price of ripple like Etherium is now
Truly Ripple have a huge possibilities that it will go that way. Even though bitcoin has been a profitable coin since from the start  but as what is goes today and looking it's trend. It could be more possible that Ripple will make some difference and surpas bitcoin in terms of profit for long term investment.
Testament28

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Wanna share my personal opinion regarding this topic. For me, Bitcoin's still the better choice against Ripple. Please don't get me wrong. It's not that because I'm into Bitcoin, nor against Ripple. It's just that Bitcoin's already a foundation when it comes to the crypto world. Bitcoin's value may go down a few notches, but it will definitely rise up again! S for me, I can rely on Bitcoin rather than Ripple. I hope you get my point, thanks!
creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:45:57 AM

I will stick to BTC whatever happens. I am not a fan of XRP despite the fact that it has a huge potential going up and that's amazing. We never know until when is the hype of XRP.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:26:50 PM

My answer has been "none." I think that in a few years time we could witness the rise of a coin with so much better intrinsec technical features that it will take the lead. Perhaps something with hashgraph technology, who knows...

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:45:44 AM

My answer has been "none." I think that in a few years time we could witness the rise of a coin with so much better intrinsec technical features that it will take the lead. Perhaps something with hashgraph technology, who knows...

My vote is also for something new. You know, same thing happened when I was looking for my future better half. At some point you consider all "options" that you have and then you realise that you probably haven't met her yet. So, it will probably be something completely new and take us by surprise. If you think about it more deeply - all those big ones out there have at least some technological problems. Yes, they can be solved, but is it easier to fix something or to build from scratch? So maybe a new coin will come with a completely new team, or it will be some experienced crypto developers trying something new.

helloinox

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:03:35 PM

BTC is the king. Not Ripple or anything will take its throne.
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:14:45 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 01:11:59 PM by Aureliusy

Ripple is company which has now some uberwealthy shareholders ( big premine: https://news.bitcoin.com/is-the-centralized-ripple-database-with-the-biggest-pre-mine-really-a-bitcoin-competitor/)
This abomination is being pumped by some bank money to create an ANTI bitcoin. (or to buy all the bitcoin later on the trip)

vs Bitcoin the coin that has been created in a direct response as an ANTI bank transaction system by mr Satoshi. He labeled the genesis block with the text: “03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks.”. Bitcoin was meant to be an alternative to our current financial system.

https://medium.com/founder-playbook/a-quick-reminder-why-bitcoin-was-invented-in-the-first-place-f9ae7430bc17

You did all register on bitcointalk... if you have even one gram of ethics you would never choose Ripple
johnywalkerrr

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:18:06 PM

Bitcoin for sure. XRP had a good race but it has already finished. But BTC one is on the start only
SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:09:19 PM

bitcoin and ripple are not same so you cannot say or ... just both haha ... there are so many coins and tokens and the markets are crazy but these are quiet interesting
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: